+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 9/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    As much as i wanted to see Robert win, i think what hank did was great. My guess is both of them will make a lil money off all the interviews they do after the show.

Hi ST.

I enjoyed *seeing* the show through everyone's eyes. Now, off to devote my full attention to Nip/Tuck.

FORT Newbie
    I think all future reality shows, that rely on votes, have some kind of independent auditors verifying the results. Wouldn't that make a good show -one where you could actually verify that the votes are real?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbikins
    I don't get it. Why turn down the money?

Hank had that shocked deer-in-the-headlights look to him. Maybe he doesn't want to get married after all.

I don't see why they couldn't get married on tv, then have a separate ceremony for their families if it was all that important to them. Plus, they would have plenty of cash to pay for a really nice one!

They must be getting paid either way.
    I'm sure neither one is 100% sure they want to get married... They seem to like each other a lot and obviously want to pursue a relationship but they realize that a loveless marriage isn't worth winning a million dollars???

Quote Originally Posted by gumbosmom
    I think all future reality shows, that rely on votes, have some kind of independent auditors verifying the results. Wouldn't that make a good show -one where you could actually verify that the votes are real?
    Amen! I totally agree with that! I've always thought American Idol 2 was rigged, and I wouldn't be surprised if Cupid were rigged as well...

FORT Newbie
    This is my first message (I just had to say something).

I'm sorry, but I'm not a bit impressed by the moral character of either Hank or Lisa/

Everyone's saying that it's immoral to marry someone after just a few dates, but no one seems to look down upon them for their apparent physical rendevous during the overnight dates.

Did they have sex? Who knows... but the studio audience seemed to think so and cheered at the possibility.

And Lisa rolling around with Dominic and French kissing Rhenda (and others). Hank telling her he wanted to take her clothes off. etc. etc. etc.

I guess the moral standard is that it's ok to have sex with someone (or have intense physical encounters with multiple men at once)... but it's immoral to marry someone on tv.

I guess I have conservative morals because the "logic" sure sounds strange to me.

Bottom Line: still no respect for either Lisa or Hank

Did anyone else notice this? As the minister said words like lifelong and committment. Did you see how fast Hank turned pale?
    And another thing, I've also noticed in that segment where Lisa comes to visit the guys- Robert, when talking to her- he always had eye contact and then they showed Hank- his head was always down, never looking her straight in the eye. I was always told by my parents and grandparents that if a person never looks you straight in the eye- they are
    up to no good. That's just me.
    When the cameras are finally off - Maybe Lisa will see the REAL Hank. and vice versa. That's all I have to say about that.
    Last edited by cajro62; 09-16-2003 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker
    This is my first message (I just had to say something).

I'm sorry, but I'm not a bit impressed by the moral character of either Hank or Lisa/

Everyone's saying that it's immoral to marry someone after just a few dates, but no one seems to look down upon them for their apparent physical rendevous during the overnight dates.

Did they have sex? Who knows... but the studio audience seemed to think so and cheered at the possibility.

And Lisa rolling around with Dominic and French kissing Rhenda (and others). Hank telling her he wanted to take her clothes off. etc. etc. etc.

I guess the moral standard is that it's ok to have sex with someone (or have intense physical encounters with multiple men at once)... but it's immoral to marry someone on tv.

I guess I have conservative morals because the "logic" sure sounds strange to me.

Bottom Line: still no respect for either Lisa or Hank

Actually Lurker, I agree with you, I don't approve of Lisa making out with ten guys at once either! I said I GAINED respect for them tonight... not that I ever had a whole lot for them to begin with, heheh

Premium Member
    Something just occurred to me... suppose the producers made them a deal: "Robert got the most votes, but we'll say Hank won if you turn down the money."

in banana world
    I am pretty sure this show is rigged. I was able to predict exactly in what order the 4 guys left would be eliminated: dominic, then evan, then robert. I knew that for suspense they would have Hank and Robert as the top two. I don't believe for a second that the votes had anything to do with the final result, or at least for the order it played out.
    Also, did anyone catch when Lisa told Hank (when they were alone that she went to visit him) that she didn't cared what happened, or how America voted (something like that). Well, that just tells me that she knew she would reject anyone else if it wasn't Hank, which of course would have been the right thing to do. Meaning, that she and Hank planned on being together no matter what the outcome of the show. And actually, I think that's pretty great.

+ Reply to Thread