+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: 9/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip

I don't think Robert got more votes. If he had, that would have been better for the show--in terms of good theater--and the outcome would have essentially been the same.
    Three reasons they might have lied....

1) They want to do a Cupid 2, in which case they'd have to convince the potential Cupid girl that America would do the "right thing" in the end.

2) Robert winning and Lisa sulking wouldn't have been the "fairytale ending" they like to script for these shows (keep in mind they couldn't be sure Hank would propose without the million dollar bait).

3) They were afraid Laura would go from house to house stabbing and maiming those who voted for Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip
    I missed the part about the rejects and their dates too.

I kind of think the show producers knew there wasn't going to be a wedding by the timing of the show. I think if there was going to be a wedding, they would have allotted more time for it--at least 10 minutes instead of 5!--because that would have been the highlight of the show. Also, weren't they advertising that there was going to be a surprise twist in the show.

I don't think Robert got more votes. If he had, that would have been better for the show--in terms of good theater--and the outcome would have essentially been the same. You'd have the additional drama of Robert asking Lisa to marry him, and Lisa declining. Then Hank could step forward and propose and they could ride off into the sunset together.
    Yeah, Kip, I thought about that too (that having Robert win and Lisa diss him would be better drama). I certainly would have preferred it. But perhaps Lisa has enough say in matters to flat-out veto any scenario in which Robert won. And having the person Lisa liked the least win could put a damper on CBS's chances of finding a sucker for a second season of Cupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiesleg
    Notice that Simon was nowhere to be seen.
    Yeah where HAS Simon been anyway? Early in the season he appeared in every episode but he hasn't been seen in months!!??? You don't suppose he's become ashamed to be affiliated with this show?? :

On Hiatus
    . I just loved how the host dude (WHAT was up with his hair?!)
    Oh my!!!! I noticed that too! He looked like punk rock and prep had a love child. It was hideous! When did it become popular for men to have hair that looked like a triangle?
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

I think he is the worst host, ever. He stumbled over his cue cards and some of his ad libs were actually rude, when I think he thought they were funny. I think that's why they ended up with five minutes left for the wedding ceremony (had it happened), because the host kept pausing and screwing up his lines. Sometimes I had to ask myself if he was narcoleptic or something and had fallen asleep in the middle of a sentence.

I finally figured out whose haircut he had...Simon from Real World..he had the same stupid peaked cowlick things going on.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Fanatic

Sex

I don't think Lisa had actual sex with anyone, however, if you are going to marry somebody, you are not going to consider it without first testing the merchandise. While I agree she was a bit slutty, who would not want to give Dominic and Evan a kiss or two while you had the chance?

I don't think the producers were at all surprised by Hank's response. Either he had already discussed it with them or they actually prompted him to save face in the public's perception of the show. I think they recognized it was becoming tacky and felt the way to save it was to have Hank and Lisa prefer a personal, private ceremony (and pass up $1M in the process). I'd be VERY curious to know how much they received instead. Who knows? Maybe the production company offered them MORE to delay the wedding. The way it ended sure made a lot of people happy and restored faith in those who said it was tacky. Hmmm?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin
    I don't think Lisa had actual sex with anyone, however, if you are going to marry somebody, you are not going to consider it without first testing the merchandise. While I agree she was a bit slutty, who would not want to give Dominic and Evan a kiss or two while you had the chance?
    Such sweet innocence!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112