+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 9/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker
    Sounds nice the way you said it, but I still don't agree.

By this logic...

1) a couple marries for a few years then divorces.
    =Immoral (because they broke a vow to love/cherish for life).

2) a couple has multiple sexual encounters and never marries.
    =Ok (since they didn't make a vow first).

I guess I'm from a really "old school" because in my book sex outside of marriage is VERY immoral.*

* I realize the above statement will offend some here.
    Well you do make a good point - but I still think that a farce of a marriage for a million bucks is just somehow ... well, whether it's more or less moral than multiple partners, it still ain't right. There, how's that for logic.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    Scripted! Scripted! Scripted!
    Oh I agree completely. It threw me for a minute that they turned down the money, until I remembered that we never actually do get to know how many votes anyone got. Let alone have it verified by some third party. I think Robert won, and this is what they worked out to save face all around.

And I will believe that until the minute an uninvolved third party certifies the votes and publishes the results.

FORT Newbie
    Regardless if they had previously decided not to marry on tv or not, they knew from day one that was the expectation. I think the tv producers expected them to follow through and do so, and if they wanted their privacy they could have had another service later, as someone already wrote. I think they gypped the audience. The whole premise of the show was stupid, so why at the end get in a hissy fit and suddenly get "respectful"? What a joke. I wanted Robert to win. I don't think Hank really wanted to marry Lisa after all. I suspect his ego was inflated as the most popular, but like Ben Aflect, he found a way "out". What a cheezy way to end the series. They shoulda done it, and yes, they DID owe it to the audience and producers because they came on board knowing that was the game plan from the start. What a joke. Stupidest show of all the "reality" shows.

I never got the feeling that Hank's heart was in this thing. Through out the show, he seemed tense and uncomfortable. The guys in the house said that he was hostile and that he had a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personality, but I have a feeling he just was not happy and didn't want to be there. He probably applied to the show as a lark, not thinking he would get this far, let alone win the whole thing. Given the track records of couples on these reality shows, I think he did the right thing. I am willing to bet that they won't even date let alone get married.

I seriously doubt they'll get married... In fact I'd be willing to bet a million dollars they won't! lol

On Hiatus
    Boy, that show made me want to vomit. Simon Cowell, shame on you! Where's the cynicism we've come to grow and love???

Argh. What a waste of my time.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

FORT Newbie

are they still together?

Was the show last night live? If it wasn't, any news on what has happened to Hank and Lisa since they were actually "chosen" for each other?

Catniptoy, good description of the dress, I didn't even think to do it and wouldn't have done it nearly as well.

I am sure that a picture of her in it will be appearing in People or Entertainment Weekly, or whatever magazine is owned by the same conglomerate that owns CBS. lol I can't keep all these mergers straight anymore.

Notice that Simon was nowhere to be seen. He was at home probably dialing up the service that gives you Neilsen ratings and contemplating how best to spend the million dollars. But then, I really think they never intended to pay it out in the first place. Stupid concept for a show and I'm even dumber for watching it.

Last night's show was so dull. I just loved how the host dude (WHAT was up with his hair?!) tried to create suspense by repeatedly saying things like "who has America chosen?" and all that. Like we didn't all know that it doesn't matter who America chose, Hank would be the last man standing.
    If they really wanted suspense, they should have banned Lisa from declaring Hank as her choice last week. And they should have read out the vote totals. I'm with the crowd that thinks Robert actually got more votes.
    Did someone on this board say that the host mentioned a second season? Ooh, have Robert in it! Weird as he is, he was the only entertaining thing on this show.
    I missed the split-second where they showed the rejects' Match.com dates. Wish those girls would come on this board to tell us how the dates went....

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Last night's show was so dull. I just loved how the host dude (WHAT was up with his hair?!) tried to create suspense by repeatedly saying things like "who has America chosen?" and all that. Like we didn't all know that it doesn't matter who America chose, Hank would be the last man standing.
    If they really wanted suspense, they should have banned Lisa from declaring Hank as her choice last week. And they should have read out the vote totals. I'm with the crowd that thinks Robert actually got more votes.
    Did someone on this board say that the host mentioned a second season? Ooh, have Robert in it! Weird as he is, he was the only entertaining thing on this show.
    I missed the split-second where they showed the rejects' Match.com dates. Wish those girls would come on this board to tell us how the dates went....
    I missed the part about the rejects and their dates too.

I kind of think the show producers knew there wasn't going to be a wedding by the timing of the show. I think if there was going to be a wedding, they would have allotted more time for it--at least 10 minutes instead of 5!--because that would have been the highlight of the show. Also, weren't they advertising that there was going to be a surprise twist in the show.

I don't think Robert got more votes. If he had, that would have been better for the show--in terms of good theater--and the outcome would have essentially been the same. You'd have the additional drama of Robert asking Lisa to marry him, and Lisa declining. Then Hank could step forward and propose and they could ride off into the sunset together.

+ Reply to Thread