+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Hank & Lisa in love with each other?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    There are alot of romantics at heart that want to believe that Hank and Lisa are in love. I only heard Hank say, "I like you alot" at dinner. I saw Hank remove Lisa's arms from around his waist on stage in front of the studio audience.
    Watch it again....I just did....he reached down and took her hands off his waist and was holding them (exactly the same way she held his during her speech), he took a step closer to her and appeared to be about to say something, and McFayden separated them. He did not appear to be pulling away AT ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jughead Jones
    Maybe after they know each other a bit more, they'll grow to love each other. At least Lisa and Hank have the best shot of staying together.

True, maybe they'll fall in love with each other in time...

But should they get married FIRST and then "try" to learn to love each other? Shouldn't people be in love before they get married???

I agree with most of what everyone has said. They can't possibly be in love and are insane if they wed on national tv next week. Love is attraction + chemistry + loyalty/devotion/committment. You can't have that last part as a leap of faith; it's earned over time. There are viewers who want to believe that the two are in love, but they can't possibly be without having had more life experiences together.

I definitely think that there is chemistry there, probably stronger than anyone else right now. BUT, as much as I like Hank and Lisa as a couple, I sort of wish that they would have the proposal and then give them some time away from the fishbowl to confirm whether the feelings are real before they have the marriage. But that would be too much like the Bachelor, so I doubt that Simon & Co would do that.

Premium Member
    I think that in these reality dating situations, people delude themselves into thinking they're in love when actually it's just the adreneline (sp?) rush of being chosen, or having someone fawn all over you, or beating out the competition for someone's affections.

When women are competing, I honestly believe that if the object 'd affection was a middle-aged, fat, balding man who lived with his mother, a swarm of girls would still fight and claw over him just to be the chosen one (and therefore the cutest and best of the lot) - it's more about winning the crown and self-validation than it is about getting the guy.

And when guys are competing for a woman - so long as she's good-looking, it doesn't matter if she had a brain in her head or the personality of a stuffed toy - if she looked hot in a bikini, guys will fight to have the chance to marry her, even though if they knew her in real life they wouldn't be thinking beyond getting her in the sack. (And in real life, if she mentioned marriage on the fifth date that would be the last she'd see of the guy, hot body or no hot body.)

So are they in love - hell no, or she couldn't bear kissing anyone else and wouldn't give a damn if America voted for him or not. They're just in Reality Show Lust.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by surprise twist
    I think that in these reality dating situations, people delude themselves into thinking they're in love when actually it's just the adreneline (sp?) rush of being chosen, or having someone fawn all over you, or beating out the competition for someone's affections.

When women are competing, I honestly believe that if the object 'd affection was a middle-aged, fat, balding man who lived with his mother, a swarm of girls would still fight and claw over him just to be the chosen one (and therefore the cutest and best of the lot) - it's more about winning the crown and self-validation than it is about getting the guy.

And when guys are competing for a woman - so long as she's good-looking, it doesn't matter if she had a brain in her head or the personality of a stuffed toy - if she looked hot in a bikini, guys will fight to have the chance to marry her, even though if they knew her in real life they wouldn't be thinking beyond getting her in the sack. (And in real life, if she mentioned marriage on the fifth date that would be the last she'd see of the guy, hot body or no hot body.)

So are they in love - hell no, or she couldn't bear kissing anyone else and wouldn't give a damn if America voted for him or not. They're just in Reality Show Lust.
    I posted this on another thread but Ithink this show would be a lot more fun and much more successful if Cupid's arrow were aimed at people 25 and under (as it was ont his show) but WITHOUT marriage as the result. America could still vote for who the best suitor would be and then the couple could win the million but the marriage part of the equation is just stupid.

Lisa and most of the guys are 25 or younger and that is way too young to jump into marriage with someone you barely know.

I KNOW those guys in the top ten (and especially Evan and Dom) would have been a lot more entertaining and more competitive if they didn't have to marry her if they won. Better to eliminate that final requirement and just have America vote for the best boyfriend for her or whatever and give them the money.

It's not like a million is that big of a prize anymore anyway in terms of a long-term relationship--it's probably paid out over 20 years or so and has taxes taken out of it!

Iheartcupid, I totally agree with everything you said...

Quote Originally Posted by IheartCupid
    I posted this on another thread but Ithink this show would be a lot more fun and much more successful if Cupid's arrow were aimed at people 25 and under (as it was ont his show) but WITHOUT marriage as the result. America could still vote for who the best suitor would be and then the couple could win the million but the marriage part of the equation is just stupid.

I agree, I would feel much more comfortable with this show if it didn't involve marriage...

But I have a feeling CBS is only willing to produce this show with that chance they won't have to cough up the million dollars... and that's why they added this marriage stipulation... :rolleyes

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IheartCupid
    I posted this on another thread but Ithink this show would be a lot more fun .............. WITHOUT marriage as the result. America could still vote for who the best suitor
    I agree, The Bachelor held our interest just fine without throwing money into the mix, and a Bachelor-type show where we picked the girl (or guy) instead of the Bachelor would be a hoot. No permanent consequences for them, fun for us... leave money and marriage out of it, and especially marriage. What's next otherwise - a game show where we vote on whether people should conceive a child? ("Race to Labor... first couple to marry and to have a baby girl wins a million bucks...")

But almost all of the Bachelor shows have ended with a proposal (even if no one has actually married yet). If you don't want something serious, just fun, then the networks should resurrect "The Dating Game" but flesh it out a little so that it's one girl/three guys for the entire show.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow
    But almost all of the Bachelor shows have ended with a proposal (even if no one has actually married yet). If you don't want something serious, just fun, then the networks should resurrect "The Dating Game" but flesh it out a little so that it's one girl/three guys for the entire show.
    But we still want to be able to vote them off--a summer replacement show of 11 episodes with a lighter finish would be perfect imho. So give the contestants like $10,000 for each week they survive, or something like that--the one left standing could have $100,000 (a nice little piece of change for someone under 25) and they could match that for the "Lisa-ish" character or something.... Then they can ride off into the sunset and see if America was right without a marriage being involved.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast