+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Poll: Two Questions. Who do you WANT to win? Who do you think WILL win?

Hubris, thy name is... BootsieBarker's Avatar
    Hank, Hank, HANK! is the one who SHOULD win, and the one I think WILL win.

I want Hank to win, but I don't know what his percentages have been. Has he been the biggest vote getter every week or how close has anyone else been to him? If Robert and Hank have been fairly close, a concerted call-in effort by Robert's fans could have him come out on top. And I'm not even going to mention the possibilities for manipulating the final numbers.

Escaping my own reality!
    Hank and Hank.

FORT Fanatic
    Anyone else find it interesting that there is no way to verify the number of votes that any of the candidates get? So.... how do we know that the guys receiving the least amount of votes REALLY received the least amount of votes and this hasn't been planned from the beginning????

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    Anyone else find it interesting that there is no way to verify the number of votes that any of the candidates get? So.... how do we know that the guys receiving the least amount of votes REALLY received the least amount of votes and this hasn't been planned from the beginning????

No shows reveal that. (Ex: American Idol) There'd be all sorts of second guessing and all that. Also, if we knew all the tallies, the suspense would be over AND people might not vote. What if the votes last week were like this?

Robert: 4, 345,678
    Hank: 1,123,456
    Evan: 978,476
    Dominic: 465,345
    Renda: 401,345

First, we'd all know that Robert's probably going to win, so why bother voting. OR Robert voters would slack off because he's so far ahead. See? The tallies would change voting patterns artificially. I think that it's smart to not tell.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    No shows reveal that. (Ex: American Idol) There'd be all sorts of second guessing and all that. Also, if we knew all the tallies, the suspense would be over AND people might not vote. What if the votes last week were like this?

Robert: 4, 345,678
    Hank: 1,123,456
    Evan: 978,476
    Dominic: 465,345
    Renda: 401,345

First, we'd all know that Robert's probably going to win, so why bother voting. OR Robert voters would slack off because he's so far ahead. See? The tallies would change voting patterns artificially. I think that it's smart to not tell.
    Good post--

I wonder how people vote after their favorite gets voted off--Joe suggested his voters go to Evan (maybe they did, maybe they voted for any of the other guys, or maybe they just quit watching or voting) but if my favorite Dom had been voted off last week I would have been speeddialing for Robert, I think. Especially after Lisa begged us to vote for the guy she has chosen--remember the whole point of the show is that she makes terrible choices in guys! The last show will soooooo boring if Hank wins.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CA1817
    I don't want Robert to win, only because he *will* get hurt because he's not the one Lisa wants. She really does see him as just a friend.
    But she's already rejected him anyway - if he wins, at least he's not additionally rejected by America.

Mostly though I want him to star in Cupid 2. But, on reflection, they couldn't really do a Cupid 2 with a man. It just won't work in reverse. Imagine having a couple of guys ripping up on hopeful bachelorettes... "sorry babe, but your butt is too big, you have an annoying laugh, and you strike me as a little desperate." They'd have to put armed guards around the studio after the first day.

The process is cruel enough when it's women ripping up men - and that's culturally acceptable (even if it shouldn't be).

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by surprise twist
    But she's already rejected him anyway - if he wins, at least he's not additionally rejected by America.

Mostly though I want him to star in Cupid 2. But, on reflection, they couldn't really do a Cupid 2 with a man. It just won't work in reverse. Imagine having a couple of guys ripping up on hopeful bachelorettes... "sorry babe, but your butt is too big, you have an annoying laugh, and you strike me as a little desperate." They'd have to put armed guards around the studio after the first day.

The process is cruel enough when it's women ripping up men - and that's culturally acceptable (even if it shouldn't be).
    But....who said he would have to have guy friends ripping on the dates. He could have two female friends to diss the dates.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyDayz
    But....who said he would have to have guy friends ripping on the dates. He could have two female friends to diss the dates.
    Hmmm... that could work!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    No shows reveal that. (Ex: American Idol) There'd be all sorts of second guessing and all that. Also, if we knew all the tallies, the suspense would be over AND people might not vote.
    Well of course they wouldn't reveal it beforehand - but they don't reveal it afterwards either, do they? And they don't have an independent agency verify the results like you would a petition, either.

We just have to take their word for it, really.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast