+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are Hank's friends?

FORT Fanatic

Where are Hank's friends?

I wish some of Hank's riends were around on the board to post messages to give us a hint of his real personality. While I like Hank, I respect other's opinions that there is something troubling about his character. It's difficult to know if there is need for concern or if this is creative editing and the producers are intentionally making him look controlling. However, the comments and warnings of the other men should be taken into account. Also, I found it interesting that at one point Hank said his friends were voting for Robert and not for Hank. Maybe the friends ARE trying to tell us something.

FORT Regular
    Someone who knows Hank posted on another board that Hank does not have anger problems and is a really good guy. I think Hank just had some personality problems with some of the guys because of his feelings for Lisa (and remember, these guys were being sequestered together....what fun it would be to be stuck in a house with someone you really don't like very much). There is really too much being made of it...and I am so glad that Lisa stood up for him about that stupid football throwing video clip.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    I read a post from a woman who works with Hank. She said Hank was a really good guy and that he's much more handsome in person than on screen.

I think that some, not all, of the guys had said those things about Hank because they new he was the front runner. I mean, they may be living with him for a short time but that doens't even give them a chance to know the 'real' Hank. Plus, if I don't like/am annoyed by someone I have a hard time hiding it but I'm completely different around people I care about.
    *smooches*

Quote Originally Posted by HappyDayz
    and I am so glad that Lisa stood up for him about that stupid football throwing video clip.
    I agree.

Call me a sucker but I would love to see Hank and Lisa make it a as a couple. They seem to genuinely care for each other as much as can be expected in these circumstances. I say give them a shot at love.

I have no doubt that what we see of Hank is careful editing to add to the ratings. I mean let's be honest, we know how these producers edit all of these reality shows to manipulate votes, ratings, etc.

Look at how stupid Robert is coming off as and people actually like him. lol Is there any doubt that the producers chose him right off the bat as the idiot suitor to try to manipulate the voting? lol

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by wss4
    :
    I have no doubt that what we see of Hank is careful editing to add to the ratings. I mean let's be honest, we know how these producers edit all of these reality shows to manipulate votes, ratings, etc.
    Exactly. Several episodes back they teased us by implying that something really bad had happened at the house with the guys. Then we see a clip of Hank telling the guys to clean up the kitchen. Give me a break. That was obviously the worst clip they had on anybody. It actually raised Hank up in my estimation. He was obviously fed up with some people not pulling their weight and was trying to get them to do their fair share.

Premium Member
    All the guys were in a house with their rivals, not just Hank, but he's the only one who seemed to have a problem coping with that situation.

I don't think it's just the editing, I think there are red flags there, but if Hank was abusive in a former relationship there's probably only one person who would know about it, and you aren't going to see the girlfriend on any chat boards spilling her guts. The only time you'd find out the truth is when she banged on your door at 2 a.m. with a black eye.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by surprise twist
    All the guys were in a house with their rivals, not just Hank, but he's the only one who seemed to have a problem coping with that situation.

I don't think it's just the editing, I think there are red flags there, but if Hank was abusive in a former relationship there's probably only one person who would know about it, and you aren't going to see the girlfriend on any chat boards spilling her guts. The only time you'd find out the truth is when she banged on your door at 2 a.m. with a black eye.
    But Hank seemed to have more serious feelings towards Lisa than the others. It was painful to him to see her dating the other guys, and he talked to her about it more than once over the past few weeks......talked! He has never seemed aggressive towards her, but he has talked to her about how he felt. They tackled some really tough subjects during their last date, but they talked it through and he never seemed angry (even though it had to have been painful to him to not get the answers from her that he needed).

What really bothers me is how a couple of extremely vague statements about Hank has people jumping to conclusions that he could be abusive....where the heck does that come from? Dom said that Hanks moods change a lot....so what? If I were living with a bunch of idiots that didn't clean up after themselves, my moods would change too. Those guys who made the vague statements never once offered up any specific examples....if they are going to talk smack and tarnish someones reputation, they should offer up something more than that. I think they were just trying to make him look bad because they couldn't compete with him. There is a psychiatrist on staff, and if there really was a problem with Hank, it would receive real attention....not just vague accusations from his competitors.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyDayz
    What really bothers me is how a couple of extremely vague statements about Hank has people jumping to conclusions that he could be abusive....
    It's funny though how many people jumped to the same conclusion.

Angry controlling people always have an excuse, and the excuse always boils down to, "someone else wasn't behaving up to my standards." This may be a good enough excuse in their own minds, but it's not good enough in mine.

Most people recognize that you can't control other people - only your reactions to them. Control freaks never get this. Ever.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by surprise twist
    It's funny though how many people jumped to the same conclusion.

Angry controlling people always have an excuse, and the excuse always boils down to, "someone else wasn't behaving up to my standards." This may be a good enough excuse in their own minds, but it's not good enough in mine.

Most people recognize that you can't control other people - only your reactions to them. Control freaks never get this. Ever.
    Okay....obviously there isn't anything I can say which would change your opinion, which is fine, everyone is entitled to their own. I just think that there hasn't been nearly enough information given for that kind of conclusion to be reached. I've known abusive, controlling people....and I haven't seen anything in Hank to suggest that he is...I think he is a competitive Type A personality, but that does not mean abusive by any means. I still say that if the guys in the house are bold enough to trash him, they should be men enough to give specifics.....otherwise, they just look like sore losers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast