+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who else thinks it's rigged?

Is the show rigged? Probably. I can't imagine even a woman silly enough to promise to get married on a dating show to enter such a show without ensuring that her contract allows her a way out, or that the producers promise she'll wind up with the man she wants.
    While I think it would be awful if poor, deluded Robert were to win, looking back he is the main reason I watched this show. His dates were laugh-out-loud appalling. I think when the show began the producers thought Lisa's friends' bitchiness would attract people to watch the show. Surely by now, however, they realize that Robert is, for all the wrong reasons, the star. I used to think he was creepy; now I think he's just naive. Of course, it may be all an act but if so, he definitely should have a future in Hollywood.
    I would totally watch a Cupid 2 starring Robert. My only question is, where would you find women silly enough to want to marry him? And how would you keep Robert from proposing to some girl by the second episode?

Quote Originally Posted by surprise twist
    I think a judge can waive the 24 hour waiting period. I don't know this for a fact though - I'm just going by an old episode of Dharma & Greg, lol.
    Well, if they did it in an old sitcom episode, then it must be a legal procedure in California.

I am wondering how they will pull this off, so let's all speculate together. Right now, the producers know who won the vote. If the winner is Robert, then they know that Lisa will not respond favorably to a proposal. I suppose that they could have all the gentlemen players go buy rings, and have Lisa go buy a dress and present that footage to us, the viewers, but otherwise, I do wonder what they'll do with an hour. If Hank is the winner, then they could set up the whole proposal and marriage thing, and maybe they'll do it.

Hey--I guess we'll know the outcome before they announce it by when they start the set up for announcing it. If it's early, then there could be a wedding ahead. If it's late, then no wedding?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    .....And how would you keep Robert from proposing to some girl by the second episode?

This particular episode Dharma & Greg was set in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, so I guess it doesn't apply even if it was accurate. Maybe they take the audience on a whirlwind trip to Vegas? lol

Since all the other guys conceded defeat in the last show, it would be truly grotesque if they were still forced to go through the charade of buying a ring etc. (That doesn't mean I don't think they'll do it - just that it'll be truly grotesque.)

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by surprise twist

This particular episode Dharma & Greg was set in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, so I guess it doesn't apply even if it was accurate. Maybe they take the audience on a whirlwind trip to Vegas? lol

Since all the other guys conceded defeat in the last show, it would be truly grotesque if they were still forced to go through the charade of buying a ring etc. (That doesn't mean I don't think they'll do it - just that it'll be truly grotesque.)
    I bet the show has only one ring to be used for her. I certainly hope someone besides Hank is the "winner" because that will be among the best moments in television watching Lisa, Hank, and the "winner's" reactions! Thanks to Lisa's onscreen proclamations on this week's show, there is no suspense at all left as to her preferences, making for a very boring last show if it's Hank.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IheartCupid
    Thanks to Lisa's onscreen proclamations on this week's show, there is no suspense at all left as to her preferences, making for a very boring last show if it's Hank.
    I agree, and wasn't that weird? Did she just surprise them and they couldn't edit it out, do you think? (I don't know how "live" this show is.)

Otherwise I really wonder what was going on behind the scenes there - because they totally abandoned the "America chooses" premise and literally begged us to vote for Hank.

It's rigged. They said that the viewing audience had the "power to choose" Lisa's mate, but she made it perfectly clear that she's "chosen" Hank. Huh?

Yeah, they could have said at the beginning "America has the power to choose Hank" and saved us all some time.
    I wonder how much difference there has been between the number of votes for Hank each week and the number of votes for Robert?
    It must be pretty close; this week's episode's scream of "pick Hank" seemed desperate....If Hank were a clear front-runner, would they have bothered with the begging?

You give me hope that Robert maybe the winner. Then Laura could begin her long journey of hunting down each and everyone that voted for Robert. I guess that threat was supposed to really frighten us into voting for Hank weeks ago.

Yeah, they could have said at the beginning "America has the power to choose Hank" and saved us all some time.
    I wonder how much difference there has been between the number of votes for Hank each week and the number of votes for Robert?
    It must be pretty close; this week's episode's scream of "pick Hank" seemed desperate....If Hank were a clear front-runner, would they have bothered with the begging?

It almost seems possible that Robert has been getting the most votes, & they had to do something dramatic to push Hank to the forefront. "America has the power to choose" - well then why is Lisa & her 2 "friends" giving us their opinions? - with Lisa saying that she would consider only Hank as marriage material, it puts a farce on the voting. The show would have been much better is Lisa had kept an even keel on her opinions & let America judge by the actions of the dates.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    I would totally watch a Cupid 2 starring Robert. My only question is, where would you find women silly enough to want to marry him? And how would you keep Robert from proposing to some girl by the second episode?
    LOL. You'd think there would be a lack of potential contestants (especially if they had viewed Robert's Blind Date episode). But thinking back to the number of nutcases who tried out for the show with Lisa, I somehow think there would be plenty of willing bimbos. It would make for a lot of really interesting dates.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast