+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Counting up the absurdities......

FORT Regular

Counting up the absurdities......

Now that the last episode is over and done with and the voting is done, I think it's time to look back over the countless absurdities this show has provided us, and the theme of last night's show, which was "Do The Right Thing" :rolleyes: I think most of the absurdities stem from the fact that it's only the men that are put on trial sort of speak. It's only them that get criticised, put through the ringer whereas the three women are on a very high horse. I mean, very high. What other ones are there?

1) "Are YOU ready for marriage?"

Hmmm, let's see. Sir Domenic is chastised for his "immaturity" yet what's so mature about Lisa? This whole show is a joke when it comes to maturity, so Lisa et al, stop preaching that you're some sophisticated complex woman. You're not. What makes it such a certainty that Lisa is ready for kids? I didn't see her playing with them. Ahhh, how silly, I forgot the true sign of maturity.... Mr. Potato Head whipping a football at someone while being indoors for good measure.

2) "You're the special one, honest, don't mind that I'm making out with four different guys on a daily basis."

Yes, true love has been found. I know I found the right girl when she was making out with a slew of different guys especially a loser like Renda. I know a girl who is truly in love and ready for marriage is making out with a loser in front of his parents.

3) "America VOTES for who I marry with the suggestion of my bitch, loser friends!"

Yes, complaints about America voting off the wrong people, since America lacks the genius of Lisa and her two friends. Lisa's friends are how old? And how are they best friends? Dressing up all sexy and going to clubs and shooting every guy down seems to be what they're like. Lisa's friends are suppose to have some sort of expert opinion or something? Is this why the very beautiful Lisa is still single? From listening to her stupid friends?

Also, God is my judge. God is also the judge of every man up there, not Lisa's loser friends who act silly to get ratings. Unfortunately, all the guys were too nice, but I wish some showed some backbone and just said "well, who the %*&# are you? Who the %(&* are you to judge me?"

4) "Let's put on a show up on stage in front of all the other guys to rally America to vote for Hank."

It was like a barf election, where the losers had to endorse someone else. Very considerate of the other guys on stage too (note the sarcasm). Also, it really puts a slant on the America votes thing because it makes the other guys feel bad and out of kindness they endorse Hank. I thought a big part was for America to vote who THEY (each individual American) think is best for Lisa. After last night's debacle it becomes clear that there was an effort for a circle jerk where everyone says "Hank is the best for Lisa, so EVERYONE vote for Hank." In other words, they're trying to influence it so that it's solely Lisa's decision that matters like in a conventional relationship... well that's a good waste of a show then isn't it? Screw that.

5) "Robert: America loves you even if Lisa and her two GUARDIANS don't"

Yeah, bailing on the last date was shit. Disrespectfull. If Lisa was a real women, she'd just say what she felt politely to him. Again, for a show based so much on maturity and readiness, Robert is king because he more less fits into the circus act already created. But oddly enough, most people aren't convinced that Sideshow Bob would be any worse for Lisa than the other guys. The other dates are so sugar coated it's dull. Usually the good advice is to live together before getting married, but the mature Lisa needs not to adhere to that.

People got more of them....?

FORT Fogey
    Excellent points! as I am pressed for time I can't comment further, however I did think that the other guys' endorsement of Hank has to do with their own realization that they don't want to get stuck with Lisa. They all had mediocre 24hr dates with Lisa, at best. At least that is how the dates looked.

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    That's awesome! Thanks for posting that!

Man, I think Cupid started out to be a great idea, but it quickly tanked once America held all the cards.

good post Yory Boy.. I agree with you completely.. well put

Let's all just pray that Robert is the winner ...just as a slap in Lisa's face..why does she not move her jaw when she talks? it is so f*cking annoying.

FORT Regular

You Don't Make Enough Money!!!!

I almsot forgot about that classic speech given to Evan by one of the two bimbos. The one along the lines of: "What kind of a volleyball coach will you be? A girls? An olympic? How are you going to support Lisa?!?!?!?!? Evan, you are a failure!!!"

Jeeze you stupid bimbo, 1 million dollars should help, but the real message is.... you're not good enough because you don't make enough money. What a bitch. :mad:

Premium Member

I honestly believe the reason they had all the guys endorse Hank, and begged America to "do the right thing," is because they have already decided to make Hank the winner regardless of how the votes go. And this way it doesn't look so fishy.

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    If Lisa gets the million she needs to get her teeth fixed and let Ugly (Kimberly) get her nose fixed. Hank too.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

I couldn't really believe Lisa's behavior last night. She's supposed to be this beautiful, succesfull, charismatic, classy lady. She's good-looking, but that's about it. She mumbles her words in a monotonous voice that just makes you want her to shut up. She's one of the most dull people I've ever seen. She never has anything to say. It's no wonder they had to get a friend like Laura. She may be awful, but she makes up for the lack of personality.

Then she turns down Robert to just go to bed. She couldn't have humored him and stay for a drink or two? Or at least been honest and say she was feeling uncomfortable? And she puts herself into an awkward position with Evan by stupidly and inconsideratly announcing she was going to marry Hank over him. I like her less and less every time I watch this show.

Oh and great post Yory Boy! Very well thought-out and well written.

Excellent post, resuming most of this show. Bravo!

But it is a show, and like everybody realized yesterday, it was all planned. And it is this way since the beginning. He had nothing to do to have all the good words from Laura and Kim from the start... And he just sit on it at each date... Good Show.

And to this 2 girls I am saying: Look for a course on personality and behavior.

But it is a show and they are preparing something for next week... And I have seen enough on this show to believe that there will be no wedding next week!

How about the guy from Bachelor getting on stage and propose to Lisa

I don't think any of the guys felt good about an instant TV wedding next week with Lisa. Most of the guys were relieved to pass the buck to a weak knee Hank.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70
    Excellent points! as I am pressed for time I can't comment further, however I did think that the other guys' endorsement of Hank has to do with their own realization that they don't want to get stuck with Lisa. They all had mediocre 24hr dates with Lisa, at best. At least that is how the dates looked.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast