+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Counting up the absurdities......

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddiesleg
    Yoryboy!

Thanks for your thoughtful analysis of this dreadful show. I'm sure that initially the producers thought that America would do the right thing and vote for a suitable marriage candidate for Lisa. And boy, were they ever wrong.

Again the debacle that is Laura and Kimberly made viewers just decide that Lisa's wishes were not relevant. And frankly, they weren't supposed to be if we were doing the choosing. Their horrific treatment of Robert early on just turned the viewers against them and Lisa (who, by the way, has the charisma of brick). At least the voters had the backbone to say "No." That is why I think they allowed Lisa to make the comments about her choice this week hoping that America would vote for true love. Give me a break!

I agree that the last date with Robert showed us what kind of woman Lisa truly is. She sure doesn't appear to be very mature. Why did she not sit him down and tell him there was no attaction and no long term interest and then just go out and have fun with him with the romance issue tabled. She did not even have enough respect for him to come clean and behaved badly.

Frankly, whatever their secret agendas might be, and maybe they don't have any, Evan and Dominic are too good for her. Robert is clearly wrong, but then, they put him in the top ten while bypassing some rather terrific candidates I thought.

Based on my knowledge of the phones lines from my attempts to vote this week; Robert's number was busy far longer than Hank's. Leads me to believe he must have received more votes. Who wants to bet it turns out that "America" voted for Hank, lol. Simon does seem to get the winner he wants, doesn't he. lol
    Personally I think Lisa is lucky that one of these guys actually wants to marry her (Robert), Hank really seems still to be on the fence, and Evan and Dom's "hidden agendas" are to stay single untll they meet a girl they love! I hope America picks the guy who wants to marry HER

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoo
    Robert knows he had no chance to win her heart on the last show.

He should have been a little bit creative on this day.

Why he did not took advantage of this situation to show us WHO IS LISA?

1. He should have dated her to the Karaoke
    2. Maybe step in a hairdresser shop... And...
    3. Ask her to show her favorite hobby
    4. Have fun in a park with the children

and...

5. Prepare a little dinner with Laura and Kimberley and their respective dad, mom, brothers and sisters...

Their would have been no need for the bitches comments at the end of the video

I thought that Lisa had already made it fairly obvious to Robert during the course of the dates that they had that THERE WAS NO CONNECTION, other than possibly friendship. As far as America not being involved in the choice, then I guess the earlier publicity about Hank's popularity with the audience was a sham, too. Was America responding to Hank himself or the perceived attraction between Hank and Lisa? If it was America's attraction to Hank, then Lisa wasn't the only one attacted to him, no matter how bad her previous choices in men may have been.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Yory Boy
    Yeah, bailing on the last date was shit. Disrespectfull. If Lisa was a real women, she'd just say what she felt politely to him. Again, for a show based so much on maturity and readiness, Robert is king because he more less fits into the circus act already created. But oddly enough, most people aren't convinced that Sideshow Bob would be any worse for Lisa than the other guys. The other dates are so sugar coated it's dull. Usually the good advice is to live together before getting married, but the mature Lisa needs not to adhere to that.
    People got more of them....?
    What you said was entirely true, but correct me if I'm wrong.. Did Robert try and get lisa into a motel?

Quote Originally Posted by surprise twist

I honestly believe the reason they had all the guys endorse Hank, and begged America to "do the right thing," is because they have already decided to make Hank the winner regardless of how the votes go. And this way it doesn't look so fishy.
    I completely agree.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I hope who ever is chosen....hank who Lisa wants or some one else that Lisa says the same thing.....I need more time....unless we missed something off camera.....she doesnt seem to really know any of these guys well enough to spend her life with them...and even a million dollars would be hard earned after a year with the wrong guy....

I remember on an earlier date Hank told her that if the contest got to the point of weekend trips or overnights (which the final date was, basically) that he would not be comfy with sharing her. I think Lisa got that point and really liked Hank, so she was careful not to kiss anyone but him passionately on that last date. This is the only logical explanation I can come up with for her refusing to go into Rob's room for a drink and dessert. She couldn't have been scared of him or afraid he would take advantage of her (which in all honesty could be a legitimate fear on a normal date that early in a relationship) because there was at least one camera person!! She wouldn't even have been alone with him, but she acted all startled over the idea of having some champagne and maybe fruit or something with the guy, while accompanied by a third person. So maybe she was afraid of angering Hank! And I don't think we'd like Hank when he's angry..........

regardless I still think it would be interesting to see Robert at the alter with Lisa..... and the drama that would've played out.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catniptoy
    ......So maybe she was afraid of angering Hank! And I don't think we'd like Hank when he's angry..........

Good point.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Catniptoy
    I remember on an earlier date Hank told her that if the contest got to the point of weekend trips or overnights (which the final date was, basically) that he would not be comfy with sharing her. I think Lisa got that point and really liked Hank, so she was careful not to kiss anyone but him passionately on that last date. This is the only logical explanation I can come up with for her refusing to go into Rob's room for a drink and dessert. She couldn't have been scared of him or afraid he would take advantage of her (which in all honesty could be a legitimate fear on a normal date that early in a relationship) because there was at least one camera person!! She wouldn't even have been alone with him, but she acted all startled over the idea of having some champagne and maybe fruit or something with the guy, while accompanied by a third person. So maybe she was afraid of angering Hank! And I don't think we'd like Hank when he's angry..........
    Oh honey if you really think she only kissed Hank passionately on that last date, you are such a sweet innocent. I am SURE she did a heck of a lot more than passionate kissing with Evan, Dom, and Hank on that weekend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast