+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Counting up the absurdities......

It was a very insulting comment very late in the game. If supporting Lisa was a main priorty why did they select most of these guys for the top ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Yory Boy
    I almsot forgot about that classic speech given to Evan by one of the two bimbos. The one along the lines of: "What kind of a volleyball coach will you be? A girls? An olympic? How are you going to support Lisa?!?!?!?!? Evan, you are a failure!!!"

Jeeze you stupid bimbo, 1 million dollars should help, but the real message is.... you're not good enough because you don't make enough money. What a bitch. :mad:

Lisa could not even answer Hank on the overnight date when asked if you wanted Hank more than Evan. When she declared him her pick last night and wrapped herself around his waist, Hank gingerly removed her arms to separate himself.

I'm sure people like Paul, Ken, and Rob have been pissed by the fact that they were gettind dissed on TV by someone that did have half as much education and professional work experience as them. Joe was bragging that Laura is 100% Lebanese. I didn't know that being from the Middle East was such a high point of endorsement these days.

QUOTE=Katelyn&Carmen]Oh my God that pissed me of so much!!! I wanted to freaking rip her hair out. The bitch is a damn hairdresser.. last time I checked, they aren't rich either. Unless they own their own place which I doubt Bitch does. UGH!!!!!!!!!! I just wish that Evan would have came back at her with something. Lisa doesn't want him (as she told Hank she chose him in an extremely rude and disrespectful way) so he has NO reason to hold his tongue again if he by some chance gets to say something to Bitch and Ugly. I know it's mostly fake for ratings but that was down right low blow and completely uncalled for. May that bitch get what she deserves in the future.[/QUOTE]

Lisa's behavior and facial expressions at dinner with Robert were very rude. So her running off after dinner was no shock. The next day was no better. That was her way of telling us not to vote for Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by elf_girl

Then she turns down Robert to just go to bed. She couldn't have humored him and stay for a drink or two? Or at least been honest and say she was feeling uncomfortable?.

FORT Regular
    I think there's a distinct difference between Simon on American Idol and the mouthy broad that's Lisa's friend here on Cupid. Simon just rips into people based on their singing ability; Laura rips into people based on her perception of their worth as a human being. There's a word of difference between not being able to sing, and being a "creep" or being someone who doesn't make money to be worthy of having a relationship with their friend.

I agree with Elfgirl in the sense that I like Lisa less and less with every viewing. She is my age, and to be honest, if I ran into her without knowing her personality I'd find her very attractive and be more than willing to get to know her. Knowing her now is a different story; I'd tell her to stuff it (well, I wouldn't be rude, but I'd just not even care to approach a girl like her). I tell you, if I was the cupid boy and I had two of my friends saying things that her two friends were to Robert or Evan I would stand up and tell them straight up to shut the %^&* up!!!

In regards to Robert, yes, he's a bit weird, or maybe even more than a bit weird. Is Robert going to ravish her or something? So their date wasn't so good, be a strong person, bite your upper lip, and live through it. But I think *her* motivation was to make it clear to Rob and America that there's no way in hell she wants to be with him. She didn't have the balls (figuratively speaking) to just say it and at least hang around.

I tend to judge a girl's worth by her intelligence, her heart, and her physical beauty. She strikes me as being a superficial girl. I think when you go deeper than skin deep it's not so pretty. She's a girl that knows how to play the role of a cutie but I think those that know her well are much more familiar with another side. Honestly, I think that's why her friends are so much older than her, and I question the depth of their friendship too. It also seems superficial.

Excellent excellent posts Yory Boy!!!!!!

And I TOTALLY agree with all of your assessments in your first post in this thread... and you said it all so well... And especially your point (1), about "maturity"... One of the things that has been bugging the hell out of me for weeks is Lisa's constant misuse of the word "maturity" to describe what she and Hank supposedly have and what Evan & Dominic supposedly do NOT have...

Yeah Lisa, it's real mature for you to want to MARRY a man you don't even know... And it's really "immature" for Evan & Dom to hold back a bit in saying that they are absolutely ready and willing without a doubt to marry you???????? GMAB!!! If that's what you consider "immature" then I will gladly take both of those men off your hands for you!!!

And LMAO!! at your remark "Ahhh, how silly, I forgot the true sign of maturity.... Mr. Potato Head whipping a football at someone while being indoors for good measure."

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yory Boy
    I think there's a distinct difference between Simon on American Idol and the mouthy broad that's Lisa's friend here on Cupid. Simon just rips into people based on their singing ability; Laura rips into people based on her perception of their worth as a human being. There's a word of difference between not being able to sing, and being a "creep" or being someone who doesn't make money to be worthy of having a relationship with their friend.

Yep - that's it alright, I didn't even think about it until you said it, but you hit the nail smack on the head.

My impressions

I've only watched bits and pieces of this show, yet I noticed right away Lisa's friends are incredibly harsh with their comments to the guys. I think Lisa is very nice looking and basically lets her friends do most of the talking.

"The definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

FORT Regular

And what about Lisa's parents???

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur
    Excellent excellent posts Yory Boy!!!!!!

And I TOTALLY agree with all of your assessments in your first post in this thread... and you said it all so well... And especially your point (1), about "maturity"... One of the things that has been bugging the hell out of me for weeks is Lisa's constant misuse of the word "maturity" to describe what she and Hank supposedly have and what Evan & Dominic supposedly do NOT have...

Yeah Lisa, it's real mature for you to want to MARRY a man you don't even know... And it's really "immature" for Evan & Dom to hold back a bit in saying that they are absolutely ready and willing without a doubt to marry you???????? GMAB!!! If that's what you consider "immature" then I will gladly take both of those men off your hands for you!!!

And LMAO!! at your remark "Ahhh, how silly, I forgot the true sign of maturity.... Mr. Potato Head whipping a football at someone while being indoors for good measure."

Lisa's parents must be in on this act as well. I mean, they're older people with life experience; I'd have to think they truly are mature. When asking Evan/Dominic are you ready for marraige and they respond without the 100% confidence, Eric/Dominic should in turn ask Papa and Mamma Shannon whether or not they're 100% confident that their little girl should be marrying someone she's known for such little a time while she's been not two-timing, not three-timing, not quad-timing..... but DECA-TIMING?

But obviously the producers don't want too much of the guys biting back against Lisa, her parents, her friends or anything like that for it brings to the fore the non-sense and lack of genuineness of this show. Instead it's everybody kissing little Lisa's butt. :

Robert knows he had no chance to win her heart on the last show.

He should have been a little bit creative on this day.

Why he did not took advantage of this situation to show us WHO IS LISA?

1. He should have dated her to the Karaoke
    2. Maybe step in a hairdresser shop... And...
    3. Ask her to show her favorite hobby
    4. Have fun in a park with the children

and...

5. Prepare a little dinner with Laura and Kimberley and their respective dad, mom, brothers and sisters...

Their would have been no need for the bitches comments at the end of the video

Yoryboy!

Thanks for your thoughtful analysis of this dreadful show. I'm sure that initially the producers thought that America would do the right thing and vote for a suitable marriage candidate for Lisa. And boy, were they ever wrong.

Again the debacle that is Laura and Kimberly made viewers just decide that Lisa's wishes were not relevant. And frankly, they weren't supposed to be if we were doing the choosing. Their horrific treatment of Robert early on just turned the viewers against them and Lisa (who, by the way, has the charisma of brick). At least the voters had the backbone to say "No." That is why I think they allowed Lisa to make the comments about her choice this week hoping that America would vote for true love. Give me a break!

I agree that the last date with Robert showed us what kind of woman Lisa truly is. She sure doesn't appear to be very mature. Why did she not sit him down and tell him there was no attaction and no long term interest and then just go out and have fun with him with the romance issue tabled. She did not even have enough respect for him to come clean and behaved badly.

Frankly, whatever their secret agendas might be, and maybe they don't have any, Evan and Dominic are too good for her. Robert is clearly wrong, but then, they put him in the top ten while bypassing some rather terrific candidates I thought.

Based on my knowledge of the phones lines from my attempts to vote this week; Robert's number was busy far longer than Hank's. Leads me to believe he must have received more votes. Who wants to bet it turns out that "America" voted for Hank, lol. Simon does seem to get the winner he wants, doesn't he. lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast