+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Saddest Thing

FORT Fanatic

The Saddest Thing

There's a couple things that I find sad about this upcoming wedding.

Beyond the fact that this is an 'arranged' marriage, it's also an arranged wedding. One of the most special things a married couple ever experiences is planning their wedding. Lisa and Hank (yeah, we know it will be him) don't get to do any of that. Lisa doesn't get to go shopping for a dress, to pick out flowers, to have a reception with her family. Hank doesn't get to go tux shopping. Does he even get to pick out a ring?

Here's two people who hardly know each other, getting married for all the wrong reasons.

Sad

It'n not like they were forced to do it, they also get a wedding on national tv and most likely a million bucks - nothing really to be sad about

Escaping my own reality!
    I disagree. Many people think marriage is about the wedding. Well, if you are getting married to have a giant costume party, skip the vows part and just have a giant costume party. The only reason to get married is to share your life with someone.

I've been married twice. The first time I had the giant costume party. It was a pain in the butt, expensive, and it didn't help the marriage. The second time, our wedding consisted of an officiant, a photographer, a videographer and us in a garden. We gave videos to all our parents. The marriage is much better than the first.

If one is more concerned about the trappings of the ceremony than the person standing across from you, you should RUN!

We don't know what's going to happen on next weeks show, we aren't seeing any dates and they are picking the winner which will take 5 minutes, what are we going to watch for the remaining 55 minutes. We could very well see all the guys go out and choose a ring for Lisa, like they do on the Bachelor. We could also see Lisa going with Laura and Kimberly to pick out her dress. Plus, just because they have a TV wedding doesn't mean that they can't have another wedding at a later date for just family and friends.
    *smooches*

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieC
    I disagree. Many people think marriage is about the wedding. Well, if you are getting married to have a giant costume party, skip the vows part and just have a giant costume party. The only reason to get married is to share your life with someone.

I've been married twice. The first time I had the giant costume party. It was a pain in the butt, expensive, and it didn't help the marriage. The second time, our wedding consisted of an officiant, a photographer, a videographer and us in a garden. We gave videos to all our parents. The marriage is much better than the first.

If one is more concerned about the trappings of the ceremony than the person standing across from you, you should RUN!
    Julie, well said. It seems like big weddings cause so much stress for all of the main players. My one and only wedding (still going after many years) was a very small wedding. I've never regretted it. As you said, in terms of the life of the marriage, the wedding itself is not very significant.

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup

Here's two people who hardly know each other, getting married for all the wrong reasons.

Sad
    This last sentence said it so well... I totally agree with you, it's VERY sad...

This is the strangest situation I have ever seen for a TV marriage. The only reason why anyone thinks it is normal is because there is a possible one million dollar prize. Anything for the love of money because I have not seen any love anywhere else on this sorry show.

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur
    This last sentence said it so well... I totally agree with you, it's VERY sad...

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    This is the strangest situation I have ever seen for a TV marriage. The only reason why anyone thinks it is normal is because there is a possible one million dollar prize. Anything for the love of money because I have not seen any love anywhere else on this sorry show.
    I think going on TV to marry a millionare after 2 hours is a lot more strange (who wants to marry a millonaire). Plus what about that other Fox show that had the same as Cupid premise, except the friends chose the person. Reality TV in itself is strange. Just think if it works they can a unique story to tell their grandkids of how they met.
    *smooches*

+ Reply to Thread