+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dont Vote For Robert!!

Of course, I could be wrong but after watching last night, I think Lisa would reject anyone who was chosen except Hank. She made it very clear that he was the one for her. She knows that he still may not be the one chosen, but her stance was so adamant that SHE has chosen him, that I think she would pick him regardless of the money.

Your comments are the only sane ones on this whole thread. There is something off about Lisa and Hank. Lisa seems determined to have an instant TV wedding with a total stranger. Hank looked very uncomfortable on the overnight date. He said he liked Lisa. I never heard him say the love word. Hank looked more frightened than Evan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiesleg
    Y

If she does have a connection with Hank, let them see where it goes after the show is over, on their own terms. Frankly, I think there is something a little off about him, but that is just my opinion. And too many of the men have made reference to his mood swings. I don't see the comments as sour grapes, either.

Quote Originally Posted by supergirl
    babytee, might i tell you what great taste you have there in men?!

Why Supergirl, thank you I voted for evan(by the way looked massively hot in his laid back suit) about 5 times and for the first time ever, Hanks number was busy 10 times in a row for me! I was soo happy but mad at the same time I wasn't getting through. I voted for Hank about 12 times. I think that should do right? =)

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    She and her friends placed Robert in the top ten so they knew there was a risk he'd win.
    Well, I mad a bad judgment call once in my past. The guy seemed fine and then reality hit and I deeply regretted giving him a second look. Live and learn.

I think Robert charmed them all at first but then it turned out his "charm" wasn't all sweetness and shyness but hid a manipulative, opportunistic creep.

Quote Originally Posted by tman
    Hello, been lurking for a while and I figured I would put my 2 cent's in. I think it would be good if Evan gets the most votes. This would put Lisa in an interesting position, after all she said it was between Evan and Hank on the last show. So who does she choose? Her second choice, Evan, and 1 million dollars or the person she proclaimed her love for. She went for it all by stating who she wanted unconditionally and I for one would love to see her in this position.
    I know some people think this is mean spirited but I don't agree at all. My vote is not making Lisa marry Evan or Robert (the two people I put my votes towards) I am just saying, if she is in it for the money then she is going to earn it buy marrying someone she doesn't want to. If she is in it for love and she loves Hank then pass on the million and marry him. That will show me she really loves him and she isn't just picking someone she can live with for a year.
    Now THAT is a very interesting observation!

Reviewing the whole thing up until now (re Robert) here's what I think:

Lisa and her buds became panicked that Robert continued to remain the top. They realized their constant insults were only fueling those who would be spiteful and so they switched their strategy. It was really abrupt one week with comments like "I'm changing my opinion of you, Robert" and "I may have been too hard on you." or words to that effect, intended to difuse the pro-Robert vote prompted by viewers who were out to get Lisa.

The last show was an all-out plea NOT to vote for Robert, without stating it as such. By making it crystal clear that Lisa prefers Hank, they are hoping not to split the votes between Hank and Evan that could possibly push Robert to the top. They were prompting viewers who would otherwise vote for Evan to vote for Hank instead.

The bottom line is, these types of shows are stupid. (And, yes, I watch 'em anyway.) Think about it: pull a dozen men out of a hat and, by some miracle of miracles, they ALL fall in love with one woman. At least they all profess to so, given the odds of that happening, look at all the liars! Not only to they claim to be falling in love, they do so after very few dates and little privacy with her.

I don't get any strong vibes from Hank but Lisa does (or claims to). Is she truly infatuated with Hank or just figures he's the best of the bunch?

I don't think Lisa is in love with Hank at all, she hardly knows the guy.
    She just likes him best out of the ones left and if Paul was still in the competition she might not even put Hank at the top of her list.

If Hank does not get the most votes, Lisa can walk away from the show, she and Hank can have a relationship in their own time and possibly get married at some point.

I find the way she has been subtley lobbying the audience to vote for Hank quite unsavoury.
    She doesn't have to marry the winner and there is nothing stopping her having a relationship with Hank outside the show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

If Lisa does not hog tie and marry Hank on Tuesday, I don't think there will be much of a relationship after the show. There will no longer be a million dollar incentive and they will be living in different cities. Some options trader chick with her own million from Hank's past may now decide that she was wrong about him and give him a call. If an actress had her agent asking the dad from Who Wants To Marry My Dad out for her, I'm sure even Hank can get more rich and glamorous options.

The guys were right when they said their stock will go up after the show.

I absolutely agree sugarlady.
    I think the relationship would fall flat if they don't get married, which is what I would really like to see tested.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff

I find the way she has been subtley lobbying the audience to vote for Hank quite unsavoury.

What was subtle about the way she said "Oh Hank, I should've said it before. You're the one I want!" (Or whatever tripe she spouted...?)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast