+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 9/9 Episode Discussion **Spoilers**

I've been watching this show thinking that Hank would ask Lisa to marry him if he was the last man standing, but tonight I realized that might not be the case! It's ironic that Kimberly and Laura have been so quick to jump on the fact that Dominic and Evan aren't necessarily ready to get married, yet they ignore Hank saying that half of him is terrified by the idea that tomorrow he might be making a huge decision! CBS might not get the big wedding of their dreams after all, even if Hank wins!
    Edited to add: Oh my gosh, I just realized I am now a Fort Fogey!

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Come on, how can you not like a "tom boy" like Robert? He's so funny! Plus, isn't he the only man who, on national TV, proclaimed his love for Lisa? I don't think I've heard anyone else do that. Hmmmmm. (and if you say it's too soon to use the "L" word, then it's too soon to get married!)

Here's my take on things (as if you care): If Lisa truly wanted to spend the rest of her life with Hank, if that was all that truly mattered to her she should have had the guts to tell the producers right then and there that she was quitting. Damn the contracts, damn the money. Do what's right for yourself. But, in the end she didn't do that. Bottom line: the money matters.

If Hank truly wanted to spend the rest of his life with Lisa, if that was all that truly mattered to him then he should have gotten down on his knee, right then and there, and asked Lisa to marry him now. Don't wait for the vote, damn the contracts, damn the money. Do what's right for yourself. But, in the end he didn't do that. Bottom line: the money matters.

I don't care if Hank and Lisa are meant for each other. If they are then they should be together no matter what. But instead they are trying to manipulate the viewing public into also giving them the money. Love should transcend all. I would have PAID a million dollars if I had to to marry my wife. No tears from me if Robert wins.

FORT Fanatic
    Next week, the person with the most votes will have the opportunity to propose to Lisa. (And then on with the wedding.)[/QUOTE]

I think it would be terrific if Dominic gets the most votes and then chooses NOT to propose to her.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy
    Here's my take on things (as if you care): If Lisa truly wanted to spend the rest of her life with Hank, if that was all that truly mattered to her she should have had the guts to tell the producers right then and there that she was quitting. Damn the contracts, damn the money. Do what's right for yourself. But, in the end she didn't do that. Bottom line: the money matters.

I disagree. Say "damn the contracts" if you want, but if Lisa did that, she could be forced into personal bankruptcy with the law suit that CBS could slap her with. The damages for her breach of contract would be the amount of money the network lost for not having the show. Even one episode probably makes the networks hundreds of thousands or millions from advertisers. It could mean personal ruin for any of the players if they were in breach of contract. And if Lisa and Hank really are meant for each other, why start off so terribly as to have one or both of them sued for damages like that?? The only rational thing to do is to wait the extra week, fulfill their contractual obligation, and then be together no matter what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    The only rational thing to do is to wait the extra week, fulfill their contractual obligation, and then be together no matter what happens.
    Good point. So why does it matter if I vote for Robert instead of Hank? Wait for it.......

BECAUSE THEY WANT THE MONEY!

Quote Originally Posted by supergirl
    what has she done to be crapped on by america? she signed up for a reality show...so she deserves what she gets...sorry but i don't think so.

she has handled herself with dignity, class and respect this entire time...if trista who did NOT gets her prince charming, why shouldn't lisa?

VOTE FOR HANK!
    I completely agree with you supergirl, I don't understand what people's big beef is with Lisa. And definitly don't get why everyone finds Robert so appealing. He acts like a girl half the time (btw, I'm a girl), crying and what not. If I were on the show he would have been gone a long time ago. And he is crazy for not seeing that Lisa is not interested in him.
    *smooches*

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    I disagree. Say "damn the contracts" if you want, but if Lisa did that, she could be forced into personal bankruptcy with the law suit that CBS could slap her with. The damages for her breach of contract would be the amount of money the network lost for not having the show. Even one episode probably makes the networks hundreds of thousands or millions from advertisers. It could mean personal ruin for any of the players if they were in breach of contract. And if Lisa and Hank really are meant for each other, why start off so terribly as to have one or both of them sued for damages like that?? The only rational thing to do is to wait the extra week, fulfill their contractual obligation, and then be together no matter what happens.
    Plus, why wouldn't she wait if Hank wins they have a better chance of winning a million dollars after year.
    *smooches*

Good point. So why does it matter if I vote for Robert instead of Hank? Wait for it.......

BECAUSE THEY WANT THE MONEY!
    You know--it's so hard to tell. If you and I were Hank and Lisa, wouldn't the money be a great stake for the education of our children, a financial cushion for the risk of starting a new business, etc? I think I'd like the safety of having the money, but it wouldn't be more important than being with the right guy. AND--does anyone know the form of this "dowry?" What if it's $20,000 per year annuity for 50 years? And how will the IRS interpret the money? A gift would be taxed on the giver, not receiver. But if the money is earned income it would be taxed in her tax bracket--probably 33%--and if its "winnings" it would be taxed at a whopping 50%. The money may not really be that much money to her/them.

I know, I'd want the money too. It just rubs me wrong that everyone last night was pushing me (okay, not personally )to vote for Hank. Why? She already has Hank, she chose him last night. They just want the votes for the money, she's going to marry/date? Hank no matter what. They just laid it on a little too thick last night for my taste. I think the whole "on-stage" answer for Hank's question was scripted, Lisa's not a good actress. I don't like being manipulated for someone else's financial gain, maybe it's petty but that's how I feel.

Premium Member

If Hank truly wanted to spend the rest of his life with Lisa, if that was all that truly mattered to him then he should have gotten down on his knee, right then and there, and asked Lisa to marry him now. Don't wait for the vote, damn the contracts, damn the money. Do what's right for yourself. But, in the end he didn't do that. Bottom line: the money matters.
    I agree completely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast