+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: If Dominic was 25 and Lisa was 22

  1. #1
    Kaysar & Erika Fan Sarahgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    31
    Posts
    393

    If Dominic was 25 and Lisa was 22

    Everyone is always telling Dominic that he is too young to get married because he is 22 years old. But Lisa's biological time clock is running out because she is 25 and needs to get married right away because she needs to have children before she is too old. Well I think it is a double standard that a guy should not get married when they are in their young twenties but it is ok if the woman is her early twenties to married. I think if the ages were switched no one would have a problem with the age difference. It is 3 years!!! People are making it out to be a generation. In this day and age it really is not that big of an age gap. I just think people need to find another reason that Dominic is not right for Lisa and lay off the age difference. I personally think that Dominic is more ready to get married than Rhenda is even though Rhenda is a few years older than him.

  2. #2
    FORT Fan reality77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    163
    I toatlly agree if it was switched around no one would think twice about it. I mean he seems ready to get married, but I don't think he is ready for kids. I mean I think he wants to enjoy time with Lisa before having kids.. and I don't think anything is wrong with that as long as Lisa doesn't care.

  3. #3
    Kaysar & Erika Fan Sarahgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    31
    Posts
    393
    Why is Lisa in such a rush to have children anyways? She is only 25 and she has like 15 more years that she can bore children. SHE is the the one that needs to enjoy her life before she has children.

  4. #4
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by reality77
    I toatlly agree if it was switched around no one would think twice about it. I mean he seems ready to get married, but I don't think he is ready for kids. I mean I think he wants to enjoy time with Lisa before having kids.. and I don't think anything is wrong with that as long as Lisa doesn't care.
    Lisa friends always pick on Dominic as being too young. This is such a worthless argument. Lisa is only 3 years older than he is, and so much less mature (she wants to get married and have babies right away? With someone she met a few months ago on a game/reality show ???) What sort of life does she expect with any of these guys, as little as she knows them? Dominic at least has the maturity to say he's not quite ready to have kids. Lisa has had very little, if any, private time with any these guys, yet she wants to make babies with one of them? If Dominic was the older of the two, and he wasn't ready to jump into making a family of 3 right away, Laura and Kimberly might be saying "You know, Lisa could use someone with your common sense", instead of "What? You don't want to get Lisa pregnant right away? You are way too young for her!"

  5. #5
    Rab
    Rab is offline
    Brave Little Toaster Rab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    970
    Wow I just wonder whose fault it was for choosing someone so young. Grow a backbone Lisa you chose him to be in the finals so make the best of it. He's better off with someone who doesn't care about age difference. Just waiting for the next episode to see if Dominic does get eliminated just wants me to punch that freak girl in the face.

  6. #6
    Kaysar & Erika Fan Sarahgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    31
    Posts
    393
    Hey if Lisa doesn't want him- I'll be glad to take him I'm only a year and a half younger than him anyways and he doesn't care about age.

  7. #7
    Rab
    Rab is offline
    Brave Little Toaster Rab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    970
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahgirl
    Hey if Lisa doesn't want him- I'll be glad to take him I'm only a year and a half younger than him anyways and he doesn't care about age.
    No I'll take him, handcuffs and all. Booze would be nice too.

  8. #8
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahgirl
    Why is Lisa in such a rush to have children anyways? She is only 25 and she has like 15 more years that she can bore children. SHE is the the one that needs to enjoy her life before she has children.


    Personally, I find it very scarey that Lisa is in such a rush to have children. It seems that having children is her main focus on getting married. Considering the manner in which her husband is being chosen, I would think that she would want to spend some time getting to know her husband and being a couple and making sure the marriage will work before jumping in and having kids. Is she planning what is in the best interests of her future children?? What if she jumps in there, gets pregnant and then finds that the marriage doesn't work and there's a divorce??

  9. #9
    FORT Fogey psucashcow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania ...Is it Spring yet?
    Posts
    2,039
    Well, it may be that Lisa's main reason for marriage is having children...rather than just having the children without benefit of marriage. It appears that she comes from a family that is close, and she wants to duplicate that feeling as quickly as possible. She is acting more immature than Dominic. Wanting children so quickly is merely another example of Lisa not following the "acceptable" path for making life choices...anyone who is having a husband picked by America on TV, is not going to then wait 2 years after marriage to pop out the first kid.

  10. #10
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow
    Well, it may be that Lisa's main reason for marriage is having children...rather than just having the children without benefit of marriage. It appears that she comes from a family that is close, and she wants to duplicate that feeling as quickly as possible. She is acting more immature than Dominic. Wanting children so quickly is merely another example of Lisa not following the "acceptable" path for making life choices...anyone who is having a husband picked by America on TV, is not going to then wait 2 years after marriage to pop out the first kid.
    Let's face it--if Lisa really wanted to be married and be having children by now, she would be! She needs to get her butt out of whatever Michigan suburb she lives in (with Grandma--must be a great neighborhood to meet guys, and Grandma probably has a huge network of friends to fix her up with!) and move to the cities where the guys are (obviously Chicago has plenty of young guy neighborhoodss--DePaul, Wrigleyville, Lincoln Park, etc.--given that four of the ten finalists were from Chicago. Other cities also attract young people, not just Chicago, of course). So her reasoning for being on the show is strictly as one of Simon Cowell's production ideas--she probably doesn't even want to get married imho and won't have kids until she's 30.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.