+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Right Guy - Wrong Woman?

FORT Fanatic

Right Guy - Wrong Woman?

There's been a multitude of postings about who is the right guy for Lisa and many seem to lead in the direction that Hank is the best match for Lisa.

I contend that while my personal feelings find Hank a terrific guy, Lisa is not the right woman for him. He's definitely ready to settle down. He has goals and ambitions of a farm. I canNOT see Lisa being a down on the farm kinda gal.

In all honesty, I'm not certain that Simon and the producers did a terrific job in selecting the woman for the show. Lisa seems to make it clear that she wants to be married...but the only reason I've heard for her wanting to get married is that she wants to have children....now.

Is she really looking for a soul-mate, life parter or...sperm donor??

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    Is she really looking for a soul-mate, life parter or...sperm donor??
    Wow...there's an idea for a reality show..."Who Wants To Be A Sperm Donor?"

In all honesty, I too agree that Lisa's true intentions aren't really that evident. I mean, I think Lisa's a great girl, and she'll make someone happy someday...but she's still pretty young yet. I mean, here we have Laura and Kimberly turning away Renda and Dominic, because they think they're too young for marriage. Well, Lisa's only 25, and based on what she's looking for, I doubt that she's ready for marriage either.

Maybe 15 years ago, 25 year olds were ready to get married, and I'm not saying that if you're 25, you're not ready for commitment. But, I can't see myself being married until at least the age of 30.

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jughead Jones
    Wow...there's an idea for a reality show..."Who Wants To Be A Sperm Donor?"

In all honesty, I too agree that Lisa's true intentions aren't really that evident. I mean, I think Lisa's a great girl, and she'll make someone happy someday...but she's still pretty young yet. I mean, here we have Laura and Kimberly turning away Renda and Dominic, because they think they're too young for marriage. Well, Lisa's only 25, and based on what she's looking for, I doubt that she's ready for marriage either.

Maybe 15 years ago, 25 year olds were ready to get married, and I'm not saying that if you're 25, you're not ready for commitment. But, I can't see myself being married until at least the age of 30.
    I think being ready to get married doesn't have as much to do with chronological age as it does with your relationship to the person. I think Dominick should be commended for saying "I think I'm ready" because honestly, at this point he can't know! He barely knows Lisa! He may be ready to be married, but that doesn't mean he's ready to marry Lisa, because their relationship is still in its infancy. I'm 25 and ready to be married in theory, but if my boyfriend of 7 months proposed today he'd be eating some serious raincheck.

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidbird
    I think being ready to get married doesn't have as much to do with chronological age as it does with your relationship to the person. I think Dominick should be commended for saying "I think I'm ready" because honestly, at this point he can't know! He barely knows Lisa! He may be ready to be married, but that doesn't mean he's ready to marry Lisa, because their relationship is still in its infancy. I'm 25 and ready to be married in theory, but if my boyfriend of 7 months proposed today he'd be eating some serious raincheck.
    Yeah, that's fair enough. People's immaturity levels develop at different stages and rates.

I don't know...it just seems like NONE of these people are truly ready to get married...except maybe Hank.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by davidbird
    I think being ready to get married doesn't have as much to do with chronological age as it does with your relationship to the person. I think Dominick should be commended for saying "I think I'm ready" because honestly, at this point he can't know! He barely knows Lisa! He may be ready to be married, but that doesn't mean he's ready to marry Lisa, because their relationship is still in its infancy.

Yet here is Lisa, saying "I'm ready to get married and make babies"...and she doesn't care if she barely knows the guy. Who is more mature - Dominec, who thinks he is ready but realizes that he barely knows this young woman who is off kissing several guys a week, or Lisa, who leaves the choice of her perfect mate up to an audience of people who don't really know her or the guys? The friends say every week that Dominec is too young, but maybe, just maybe, he is too mature for Lisa.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by birdlass
    Yet here is Lisa, saying "I'm ready to get married and make babies"...and she doesn't care if she barely knows the guy. Who is more mature - Dominec, who thinks he is ready but realizes that he barely knows this young woman who is off kissing several guys a week, or Lisa, who leaves the choice of her perfect mate up to an audience of people who don't really know her or the guys? The friends say every week that Dominec is too young, but maybe, just maybe, he is too mature for Lisa.
    Domnic is the only honest guy on the whole show--and probably the most mature after all.

Flexible Lisa

After being turned down for Survivor, Lisa really rebounded and jumped at the chance to do Cupid. Maybe Lisa is rushing because she wants a man, babies, and a million dollars.

This show has been even more loveless than For Love or Money Part 1 and Part 2. So, it seems odd to hear anyone talking about a wedding in less than two weeks and babies.

I agree with one comment that Lisa has low standards. After traveling the US at CBS expense, she still managed to put together the oddest hodge podge of male suitors ever for a reality dating show.

It totally agree. Hank seems like a wonderful guy and ready to get married. He also seems starstruck and is in for a rude awakening (shallow, immature wife) if he is chosen (I didn't say "wins").

Of the 10 guys she kept, the emphasis on chemistry over stability (hot Dominic hot, Renda, and the blond guy) says a lot about Lisa.
    Bring it!

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by birdlass
    I agree 100%! Nothing against people who want to get married and have babies (I do!) but it's another thing to lower your standards to marrying someone you barely know because you want to check "get married" and "make babies" of your list of life's goals.

On one hand, I can understand a girl's concern about a guy saying "I'm not ready to have kids" because some guys say that for years. I have one friend who's been married 5 years and her husband's still saying that, while she's been ready all along. You can appreciate a guy's honesty only so far, but it can be very frustrating for a woman who's ready to be put off for years. It's good to discuss when to have kids before taking the plunge, but it's too soon to discuss having kids with ANYONE when you still have 4 or 5 guys to choose from.

Hug me!
    It is funny to see that people to think that Lisa actually goes to cupid to find love/ husband. The fact is that this is just a little scheme to get her 15 minutes of fame... nothing more.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast