+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To the dimwit Americans that vote Robert!

FORT Newbie

To the dimwit Americans that vote Robert!

Obviously you are just impulsive and not really thinking through why you are doing what you are doing. All your arguments for him are a joke. Consider these unthought points:

You vote for Robert because Laura is a b'tch and there is nothing better than giving it to her.

You think Lisa deserves this because that's what she signed up for. She's nothing more than a money grubbing boring face on TV that should suffer for $1million.

You vote for Robert because he provides entertainment that otherwise wouldn't be there.

You think getting American to vote for a husband is a farce and this is your way of showing the world that you shouldn't mess with something so sacred.

This is your way of saying 'screw you' networks - we've had enough with reality already.

Now think about this. Simon Cowell/CBS are responsible for the show. Simon Cowell/CBS wants the ratings. Simon Cowell (I assume) decided on the format of the show. Simon Cowell wanted to give Laura the appearence of a royal b'itch as he knows that's entertainment - after all, he made American Idol what it is, not Paula. From watching Laura during the family thing, I can see she is quite decent and is playing a role for the sake of TV. I'm sure Lisa would prefer not to have America vote (especially now), but you really think she has any control in the format? Sure money may be part incentive, but once you get into a career and past the typical bar stage, it is damn tough to find someone - maybe she just saw Krista and her selections, and figured maybe she wanted some of that kind of action as well.

Basically, what you are doing in letting Robert go through is letting the network and Simon win! Plain and simple. You would be saying screw you far better to dump Robert and let Hank go through. Lisa won't marry Robert (or at least enull if the show forces the marriage originally), she obviously has a good career and probably makes plenty already. Basically, you are handing CBS ratings and a big cheque to Simon, while not giving anything up. Lisa will have to give the $1 million back. End of story.

To let Hank go through could screw the show and Lisa - CBS loses their $1 million, yet Lisa toughs it out with Hank to have it blow up in her face down the road. Think about it - he's an options trader - the personality of which often involves depression, can easily lead to bankruptcy because he lost a bundle, and leads to a life of obsessiveness where he works all day and clings to his computer all night watching stocks.

I know several people that lead these lifes because they are directly involved in trading. Its a fact. Lisa is an artsy, fartsy type that will go insane with this kind of person.

Personally, this show hasn't been a success because of Robert - besides the S&M bunch that think otherwise, he is annoying, and very painful to watch - I am not entertained. The show is making it because of Laura, and the unique date ideas that provide plenty of humor (beggin for money and dressing her up were the best). Get the austrian off already!

Don't forget Robert is a friggin actor - he says so himself in his website. All you are doing here is giving him TV time to enhance his pathetic career. Nice work morons.

Now do the right thing and vote for the guy that would really screw everyone involved!

FORT Fogey
    Hey deewar....I agree with you!

BUT....how stupid am I to be so fascinated with this silly show? *rolling my eyes*
    My romantic nature wishes that Lisa would find a great guy who falls for her too, however, I am not convinced any of the guys here are really "falling in love" with her.

As an aside, my opinion of Evan went down after seeing this date.

I think Hank is the best of the bunch, but am not sure yet if he is the guy for her, nor she for him.

So who would you like to see America vote to marry Lisa? You don't like Hank or Robert. So is it Dominick, Evan or Rhenda?

Well I haven't voted myself, as I can't get myself to watch much of this disaster of a show, but...

You vote for Robert because Laura is a b'tch and there is nothing better than giving it to her.

You think Lisa deserves this because that's what she signed up for. She's nothing more than a money grubbing boring face on TV that should suffer for $1million.
    Seems to sum up my view pretty well. Lisa might be okay, but her friends, are really annoying the hell out of me, especially considering neither one of them are all that hot.
    Last edited by Bill; 09-04-2003 at 02:05 PM.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Hmmm, I say, if you vote at all for this show, Simon's already won - it doesn't matter for whom you place the vote.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Hmmm, I say, if you vote at all for this show, Simon's already won - it doesn't matter for whom you place the vote.

absolutely right John! CBS, Simon and AT&T are making the dough.

FORT Newbie

sarah

Actually, I do like Hank as his personality is somewhat like mine (not that that's a good thing!), and actually, Lisa's personality is like my wifes. My job isn't in the market, but I do live and sleep stocks/investing and it drives my wife insane the amount of time I spend online looking at stocks (see dilbert cartoon about 8 days back in the calender!). It is an addiction, and would be hard for Lisa to deal with.

I have no problem with the 'right' person winning in the end, but I'm pointing out to the sick & twisted out there that are enjoying punishing strangers for kicks, that maybe, just maybe, they aren't looking at it the right way!

I would hope there are more people out there that believe in 'doing right' over 'being sadistic', but this is America after all, and it may be a close one!

Don't think any of the remaining would be good for Lisa, but I suppose if Hank is actually good at what he does, his career may not screw it up.

You missed a key fact during the family dinner with Hank. Hank does not enjoy working at a desk job. His real goal is to quit his job and live on a farm.

I am tired of people accusing the viewers that vote for Robert as having it out for Lisa. Lisa put Robert in the top ten for us to vote on. That was a dumb move if she did not think he was husband material for her.
    If Robert was your regular bland Austrian guy, he would have been the first person voted off. He has enough personality quirks and similarities to Arnold to be truly entertaining. This is a TV show. I think it is great for Robert that this show may help his entertainment and body building career.

Why should I vote for Hank to get a million dollars to retire to a farm at 25?

Quote Originally Posted by deewar25
    Actually, I do like Hank as his personality is somewhat like mine (not that that's a good thing!), and actually, Lisa's personality is like my wifes. My job isn't in the market, but I do live and sleep stocks/investing and it drives my wife insane the amount of time I spend online looking at stocks (see dilbert cartoon about 8 days back in the calender!). It is an addiction, and would be hard for Lisa to deal with.

I have no problem with the 'right' person winning in the end, but I'm pointing out to the sick & twisted out there that are enjoying punishing strangers for kicks, that maybe, just maybe, they aren't looking at it the right way!

I would hope there are more people out there that believe in 'doing right' over 'being sadistic', but this is America after all, and it may be a close one!

Don't think any of the remaining would be good for Lisa, but I suppose if Hank is actually good at what he does, his career may not screw it up.

Obviously you are just impulsive and not really thinking through why you are doing what you are doing. All your arguments for him are a joke. Consider these unthought points:

You vote for Robert because he provides entertainment that otherwise wouldn't be there.

You think getting American to vote for a husband is a farce and this is your way of showing the world that you shouldn't mess with something so sacred.

This is your way of saying 'screw you' networks - we've had enough with reality already.

Now think about this. Simon Cowell/CBS are responsible for the show. Simon Cowell/CBS wants the ratings. Simon Cowell (I assume) decided on the format of the show. Simon Cowell wanted to give Laura the appearence of a royal b'itch as he knows that's entertainment - after all, he made American Idol what it is, not Paula. From watching Laura during the family thing, I can see she is quite decent and is playing a role for the sake of TV. I'm sure Lisa would prefer not to have America vote (especially now), but you really think she has any control in the format? Sure money may be part incentive, but once you get into a career and past the typical bar stage, it is damn tough to find someone - maybe she just saw Krista and her selections, and figured maybe she wanted some of that kind of action as well.

Basically, what you are doing in letting Robert go through is letting the network and Simon win! Plain and simple. You would be saying screw you far better to dump Robert and let Hank go through. Lisa won't marry Robert (or at least enull if the show forces the marriage originally), she obviously has a good career and probably makes plenty already. Basically, you are handing CBS ratings and a big cheque to Simon, while not giving anything up. Lisa will have to give the $1 million back. End of story.

To let Hank go through could screw the show and Lisa - CBS loses their $1 million, yet Lisa toughs it out with Hank to have it blow up in her face down the road. Think about it - he's an options trader - the personality of which often involves depression, can easily lead to bankruptcy because he lost a bundle, and leads to a life of obsessiveness where he works all day and clings to his computer all night watching stocks.

I know several people that lead these lifes because they are directly involved in trading. Its a fact. Lisa is an artsy, fartsy type that will go insane with this kind of person.

Personally, this show hasn't been a success because of Robert - besides the S&M bunch that think otherwise, he is annoying, and very painful to watch - I am not entertained. The show is making it because of Laura, and the unique date ideas that provide plenty of humor (beggin for money and dressing her up were the best). Get the austrian off already!

Don't forget Robert is a friggin actor - he says so himself in his website. All you are doing here is giving him TV time to enhance his pathetic career. Nice work morons.

Now do the right thing and vote for the guy that would really screw everyone involved!
    Hmmm.. well I have to say I think it's a little rude to call other posters dimwits and morons, but I guess I can understand how reading message boards can be pretty emotional for some people...

You did give a pretty good list of reasons though to vote for Robert! Personally I have never voted on this show, but if I did I would vote for Robert due to several of those reasons you gave...

BTW From what I've heard I don't believe this show HAS done very well in the ratings, so I don't think Simon has "won" anything here... Even so, if I had to choose I think I'd rather have Simon win rather than Lisa & Hank

Premium Member
    Obviously you are just impulsive and not really thinking through why you are doing what you are doing. (etc.etc.etc.)
    Hi Laura!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast