+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going easy on Robert?

FORT Newbie

Going easy on Robert?

Does anyone think the girls all backed off of Robert somewhat on purpose to chill out the backlash? Laura did tell him she didn't think he had a chance with a future with Lisa, but they weren't hard on him. They did not even suggest that he be in the bottom three. Did anyone else find this strange?

Premium Member
    I think someone pulled them aside and told them they'd better stop threatening the audience and putting down Robert if they wanted to get rid of him.

Too little too late though, IMO.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Teapot
    Does anyone think the girls all backed off of Robert somewhat on purpose to chill out the backlash? Laura did tell him she didn't think he had a chance with a future with Lisa, but they weren't hard on him. They did not even suggest that he be in the bottom three. Did anyone else find this strange?
    Nope. My guess is they realise they meaner they are to him the more sympathy vote Robert will recieve. The best thing to do is be nice to him and make him a non issue. I think there attempt to do that is in vein since it seemed Robert got the second highest amount of applause. Funny thing is i think being nice to him now won't work because Robert has alot of people behind him now:

1. Synical people who think this show is a mockery to marriage so they feel robert is the best person to make the mockery complete.

2. People who find Robert Entertaining and what to see more of him(that's me )

3. People who hate lisa's friends so much, this is there way to say f-you to them.

and now with them being nice you might get a coupel from these groups:

4. People who feel sympathetic towards him trying hard to please her that they actually hope he does it

Premium Member
    I don't figure Robert will make it to the very end (as much as I'd love to see that), so I hope someone's thinking about starring him in the next Cupid. Then we wouldn't have to sit through all the boring Hank/Joe/Evan-type dates before we got to the entertaining ones.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by surprise twist
    I don't figure Robert will make it to the very end (as much as I'd love to see that), so I hope someone's thinking about starring him in the next Cupid. Then we wouldn't have to sit through all the boring Hank/Joe/Evan-type dates before we got to the entertaining ones.
    I actually think robert might have a chance. From what they say there is only 2 more shows, that means somebody gets voted off next week leaving 4 guys and i think there is enough support behind robert that he can get 30%+ of peoples vote(specially the people who will go all out and vote him) and beat the other 3 guys.

Do you know for sure that only 1 guy gets voted off next week? What if it's 2?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    Nope. My guess is they realise they meaner they are to him the more sympathy vote Robert will recieve. The best thing to do is be nice to him and make him a non issue. I think there attempt to do that is in vein since it seemed Robert got the second highest amount of applause. Funny thing is i think being nice to him now won't work because Robert has alot of people behind him now:

1. Synical people who think this show is a mockery to marriage so they feel robert is the best person to make the mockery complete.

2. People who find Robert Entertaining and what to see more of him(that's me )

3. People who hate lisa's friends so much, this is there way to say f-you to them.

and now with them being nice you might get a coupel from these groups:

4. People who feel sympathetic towards him trying hard to please her that they actually hope he does it

Those four points probably cover the majority of how people feel about this show when they vote for robert. I couldn't have said it better.

FORT Newbie

Simon's Take

I saw Simon on a talk show this weekend and they asked him who he wanted to win and he said "Robert of course!" When the host started laughing he said don't laugh because don't forget who the executive producer of this show is! I thought that was real interesting........

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    I actually think robert might have a chance. From what they say there is only 2 more shows, that means somebody gets voted off next week leaving 4 guys and i think there is enough support behind robert that he can get 30%+ of peoples vote(specially the people who will go all out and vote him) and beat the other 3 guys.
    I agree. It looks like it will be down to a final 4 and then America votes. Robert could easily win this because the anti-Robert votes will be split amount the 3 others and Robert will only need 26% to win. This is how Dat won Last Comic -- all the anti-Dat votes were split among the other contestants. I'm wondering what kind of "filler" they have planned for the show when Robert wins and she refuses his proposal.

Laura creeps Robert out

Lisa had to beat Laura down about the creepy massage issue to get Laura to back off.

Someone had to tell these two biatches to stop slamming Robert at the end of the show because it was only causing him to get more votes. I don't think they were smart enough to figure this out on their own.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast