+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saying NO to marriage

FORT Newbie
    If America chooses someone Lisa does not want to marry, do you think she will have the courage to say no on TV? I did notice what Laura said tonite, that Lisa has a hard time saying no to anything.
    Laura said that in regards to Robert giving Lisa a massage. When Laura said that, it got Lisa angry - that was the point where Lisa actually spoke against her "friends", and said that the massage was not at all creepy...and when the host (Brian?) tried to go on, Lisa said "Wait! I'm not done!" (But the show went on without hearing the rest of what Lisa had to say...) If someone were to say about me, on national television, that I had a hard time saying no, whether or not it was true, I'd be really ticked off...

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    If that's true, isn't it incredible? Imagine being in a position that you'd say "yes" to more than one man? If I was tempted to marry more than one person, I'd say no to both until I knew for sure.
    First, of course, I can't imagine marrying someone through a televised contest where the final choice wasn't even my own. But I do hope that if Lisa has romantic, loving feelings toward more than one guy, she would have the ability to say "No, I can't marry anyone right now." She wants kids - she isn't old enough to hear that biological clock ticking away - she'd better bring them into a family where she is with the ONE man she wants to spend her life with, not with one of a few acceptable guys....

Quote Originally Posted by Lovinreality
    Hi I'm new here so please be nice
    Welcome! I think you'll find this bunch is very nice (to each other, if not to the gluttons for punishment on screen).

Fast forward, 8 years into the future....

Kid - "Mommy, how did you and daddy meet?"

Lisa - "Well, we were on this television show, where 2 of mommy's friends made fun of a bunch of guys, and then viewers picked their favorite. We had to stay married for a year to win the million dollar prize, and that's how it happened."

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Fast forward, 8 years into the future....

Kid - "Mommy, how did you and daddy meet?"

Lisa - "Well, we were on this television show, where 2 of mommy's friends made fun of a bunch of guys, and then viewers picked their favorite. We had to stay married for a year to win the million dollar prize, and that's how it happened."
    Kid - is that why you got divorced on your first anniversary?

Quote Originally Posted by IheartCupid
    Kid - is that why you got divorced on your first anniversary?
    LOL! If she's dumb enough to have a kid right away after this bizarre, short courtship, then she is as dumb as many of you think she is...

Oh, Ruben-of-205, you can find "yes" girls in the clubs/bars around 2am.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm1966
    LOL! If she's dumb enough to have a kid right away after this bizarre, short courtship, then she is as dumb as many of you think she is...

Oh, Ruben-of-205, you can find "yes" girls in the clubs/bars around 2am.
    Mommy - I told the TV world I wanted to have a baby right away so they voted off the guys who wanted to wait and I had to go through with it. That's why I have you to love, little Hankbert.

It seems like all the men have had limited access to Lisa during the series. I really don't see how anyone could really be so in love quickly. I have only heard Robert talking about instant love. I don't see the type of connection that Trista and Ryan made so quickly. Even Renda the street poet has not been reciting words of love.

If a million dollars and TV exposure were not involved would anyone even consider marrying a total stranger after spending a few hours with them.

I don't know what is going to be on the show next week. It would be interesting to see Lisa do overnight dates with a total of five men a week before her TV wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    If a million dollars and TV exposure were not involved would anyone even consider marrying a total stranger after spending a few hours with them.

I don't know what is going to be on the show next week. It would be interesting to see Lisa do overnight dates with a total of five men a week before her TV wedding.
    Exactly. The million bucks is the incentive to instantly jump into a marriage with someone you barely know.

I have a feeling this finale will feel rushed and not very satisfying...

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IheartCupid
    Mommy - I told the TV world I wanted to have a baby right away so they voted off the guys who wanted to wait and I had to go through with it. That's why I have you to love, little Hankbert.
    ROFLMBO!

FORT Newbie
    I don't know what is going to be on the show next week. It would be interesting to see Lisa do overnight dates with a total of five men a week before her TV wedding.[/QUOTE]

'if it gets to nights away, i don't think i can do that' - hank.
    jealous? might be a sign that he does like her. tho' what's interesting is that this show reverses the usual dating/courtship scenario where the guy is always in control. most of the finalists are very masculine men - ie, guys who don't enjoy having the power in their relationship removed from their own hands. and being picked apart in public by 3 women? sure, it happens in private, we ALL know what our friends' boyfriends are like in bed, but to have in happen on national tv? might be why robert is doing so well. because he's a drip.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast