+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 9/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Robert .. consider this, you only get to see the product of your efforts for 2 more weeks, Lisa has to live with them for at least a year. Cut the gal a break
    But that's the point...Lisa does NOT have to live with Robert for at least a year. She only does if she wants $1,000,000... (What's that old joke about the dirty old man asking the prim young woman if she'd sleep with him for ten million dollars? She says "Why yes!" He asks if she'd sleep with him for a dollar, and she slaps him, saying "What kind of girl do you think I am?" To which he replies "We've already established that, we're just haggling on the price now.")

I'm sure that Lisa will make the right decision and won't marry someone she doesn't love just to get $1 million...will she? If she truly loves Renda, or Hank, or Evan, all she has to do is turn down the cash....

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    Lisa can get the guys of her dreams if she wants, if she likes a particular person that much just turn down the marriage and decide to date one of the other guys. In that case she doesn't have to do the "shame" marriage and actually get to know the guy.
    I imagine that it's part of her contract that she not date any of the other guys who lost the show after the show is over... at least for a certain time period anyway...

thanks for clarifying that RV.. I wasnt up on all of the rules of the show.
    I still dont like Robert for her, the way he baited her while they were on their date with his family and friends. The man has a severe communication problem and it has nothing to do with his accent.
    I just dont like him. Lisa's friends dont like him, Lisa doesnt seem to like him all that much either.
    When I first saw him I thought he was sexy as hell, then he started talking and the illusion vanished forever lol
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    As for robert, what's a better story then the hopeless loser not giving up and getting the girl of his dreams?
    Getting the girl of your dreams.. who doesnt want you back.

superimpose the same situation on Charla and Dave CF and tell me what you think

Premium Member
    [QUOTE=RealVoyeur]

And on top of all this they are making it sound like it's an issue of "maturity", for instance Dominic is supposedly not "mature" enough to sell his soul to the devil and state that yes without a doubt he wants to marry this woman that he barely knows???? And Hank IS praised as being th eone who's the most "mature" about the situation that they are in??? GMAB... :rolleyes

QUOTE]

Excellent point!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's leery of Hank. He reminds me of someone who I know for a fact beats his wife, and if nobody else had mentioned any adverse reaction to him I'd just figure that's why he puts me off.

I still think Hank is her best prospect, with Evan as the second choice. And boy, would I like to see Dominic in a few years!! He's gorgeous and has the most engaging personality.

Yet, as others have noted, there is something that bothers me about Hank. It seems that he would be the dominating, "My way or the highway" type. Maybe Lisa would be OK with that. I was surprised that she didn't react more to his comment that he would expect her to bring in a paycheck after having children, especially since she had said explicitly that she didn't want to do that.

Whatever happens on this show, I suspect that Lisa would be happier in the long run with a more mature version of Renda or Dominic--easy going, fun types. Maybe Evan is the compromise?

Premium Member

I suspect it's more like he's getting the publicity of his dreams, and I'm glad of it - he deserves it for being the most entertaining thing in any TV show this summer.

FORT Fogey

I would love to see Dave get with Charla, it won't happen though, but on this show we can make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by birdlass
    I'm sure that Lisa will make the right decision and won't marry someone she doesn't love just to get $1 million...will she? If she truly loves Renda, or Hank, or Evan, all she has to do is turn down the cash....
    You are absolutely right birdlass, I hope she follows her heart.. a million dollars sure is a nice wedding present.

Wow we are all getting to be so jaded, Reality tv might be worse than watching violent tv LOL its making us apathetic to the plight of the common woman's attempt to find a mate.

A thought just occured: Lisa is a very good looking woman, she's supposedly smart and she loves her work so why would she
    a) have to go on national tv to find a mate and
    b) if she loves her job so much why would she want to chuck it in, lock, stock and barrell when she has children?

now I remember why I stopped watching this show

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur
    I imagine that it's part of her contract that she not date any of the other guys who lost the show after the show is over... at least for a certain time period anyway...
    If she doesn't take the money, I can't imagine how they could force that on her. What are they going to threaten her with? Garnishing her jingle-writing wages?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast