+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 9/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Lurky McLurkington
    In the glittery & glamorous city of Chicago
    Hm, I don't understand what was so frustrating about Hank's date. I really have to say that I hope Hank wins, I think he and Lisa have the best potential for a long term relationship AND Lisa's family seemed to like him the best as well. I was really glad that Robert's date went well. I definitely think this will help him to feel more confident about himself and might make the kick off go a little smoother for him (I am not against Robert, I have felt sorry for him most of the show, but I don't think he should make it to the end). Oh, and lastly, I just wanted to say that I think Dom should get voted off next week.

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur
    I can see why he likes Evan so much, I love him the most as well, for myself that is
    Oh I love Evan, Dominic and Hank myself. But why would some GUY go nuts over Evan?! That is what had me

Glad you took my comment in jest real voyeur...I was a wee bit afraid after I posted it, but I'm glad you have a sense of humor!

They said there are only TWO shows left if I heard that right, so if AI can keep Carmen WAY too long, then maybe next week is the week for Robert to go? ALSO with this little er "twist," maybe they cut one/two more guys and she has three/four to pick from?! I sure hope to see a LOVE connection because this girl is GROUNDED, a lot more so than Trista, and if Trista can get lucky and score Ryan, then Lisa deserves to score a nice guy as well!
    "There's a hooker in Trenton who wants her shoes back." C a r s o n

I can't believe I am saying this right now but here goes...Robert is actually starting to grow on me. Now that does not mean I would vote for the guy but it wouldn't be the end of the Earth for Lisa to have to marry this guy for a year to win a million dollars. I did not think that the massage was creepy. It was Lisa's choice to take off her shirt nobody made her do it so Laura can be quiet about that.
    I can't put my finger on it exactly but there is something strange going on with Hank. I mean he seems like a nice guy and all but there is just something there that I do not like.
    Evan is still my fav for Lisa to marry. He had one bad date and Laura and Kimberely are all over him again. Give the guy a break! He is trying and he just got very nervous because he wanted to make a good impression on her folks.
    Her date with Renda just totally turned me off to him. He was talking like she was a piece of meat when they were alone together.
    Oh yes and how can I forget about my dear Dominic, I do not think Lisa derserves him at all. If I hear that he is not mature enough to get married one more time I am going to flip a lid. Anyways I want Dom for myself thank you very much.

FORT Fogey
    Did you all notice the little push they gave Hank and Robert?

At the end when they showed quotes from all the guys, they had hank say something to the degree i am scared robert is going to win, even his friends are voting for him. The to me says 2 things:

1. People love robert so vote for him

2. Vote for Hank to make sure he stays

The other 3 guys really didn't say anything that would sway the vote one way or another. As for tonight go robert, even though his dates aren't as funny anymore(although i did chuckle at his soup making) his story has sort of turned into the fight of the underdog(aka the little enjoy that could).

Quote Originally Posted by supergirl
    Oh I love Evan, Dominic and Hank myself. But why would some GUY go nuts over Evan?! That is what had me

Glad you took my comment in jest real voyeur...I was a wee bit afraid after I posted it, but I'm glad you have a sense of humor!

They said there are only TWO shows left if I heard that right, so if AI can keep Carmen WAY too long, then maybe next week is the week for Robert to go? ALSO with this little er "twist," maybe they cut one/two more guys and she has three/four to pick from?! I sure hope to see a LOVE connection because this girl is GROUNDED, a lot more so than Trista, and if Trista can get lucky and score Ryan, then Lisa deserves to score a nice guy as well!
    I'm thinking that Joe just saw Evan for being a genuinely nice guy.. Maybe there was more to it that we don't know about, I don't think he & Hank got along, so probably to him Evan was the next best guy...

Oh yeah, I am all too well acquainted with the world of Internet message boards and how they work... I try never take things to seriously here... Not as seriously as I take my reality shows anyway, lol... I've been known to yell & holler at the TV like I was tonight at Lisa, but I try not to do the same here on the boards, heheh

I didn't hear anything about there only being two more episodes... I'm sorry to hear that, since although I totally despised this show when it first started, it's really grown on me and I'm looking forward to seeing it play out but I don't want it to end that quickly! Maybe it's because the ratings aren't too high? And they'll do the same that they did with Fame, and rush through the last few contestants in half the amount of time they spent on the earlier part of the show...

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur
    I didn't hear anything about there only being two more episodes... I'm sorry to hear that, since although I totally despised this show when it first started, it's really grown on me and I'm looking forward to seeing it play out but I don't want it to end that quickly! Maybe it's because the ratings aren't too high?
    It's true the ratings haven't been very good....but they only planned 11 episodes from the beginning....and tonight was #9.

I just started watching this show not too long ago. The initial interviews turned me right off and I havent been back until about 3 weeks ago.
    Um whats with voting for Robert?? I didnt realize there were so many spiteful ppl in the world. (you know who you are)
    I'm a romantic at heart, I'd like to see Lisa get the guy of her dreams instead of 'sticking it to her' to see if she will take the plunge to get the money.
    I think Robert faired better this week because, really, he has a lot less to lose. There is no way that Lisa will agree to marry this putz.
    I think the thing you cant put your finger on with Hank is that he refuses to perform.. and also I think he's just a tiny bit hostile with the dog and pony show. He is genuinely taken with Lisa and if I could vote ALL of my votes would go to Hank. He's good husband material and he's got a plan for the future.. although I think he kinda blew it tonight telling Lisa that he expected her to keep working after the kids came. What he should have said is; its your choice. I will stand behind you no matter what, we can always set up an office in the house for you.
    Evan has lots of chemisty with Lisa.. but so does Hank. Evan is a coaster, he never really takes hold of anything, he just glides along.
    Renda - woah nelly!! No way jose!! A street hustler? So what if you have a degree.. if you dont use it its just a really frikkin expensive piece of paper. I wouldnt have let you past the first round.
    Dominic is dreamy. I want to cut my fingers off for typing this but I think Cerberus (the 3 headed hound of hell) is right about this sweet guy.. its too soon for him to be thinking about marriage. In the future but not in 2 weeks!
    Robert gives me the willies, yes he can be sweet.. I didnt think his massage was creepy- he was very professional about it, Lisa wasnt turned off (like she was with the kissing in front of the kids thing) I dont think he is a match for Lisa. I hope you stop voting for him for your own personal amusement, you are affecting the lives of 2 people.. consider this, you only get to see the product of your efforts for 2 more weeks, Lisa has to live with them for at least a year. Cut the gal a break
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Newbie
    I agree! I sort of get Hank's comment about her working even after they have kids. I don't see Lisa as being the type to be content being a full time mom. She seems as though she is ambitious and, atleast from what people say of her, smart. I think that he feels as though she would be wasting her mind being a house wife. Not that I agree or disagree either way. Basically he could have phrased it a little better.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Um whats with voting for Robert?? I didnt realize there were so many spiteful ppl in the world. (you know who you are)
    I'm a romantic at heart, I'd like to see Lisa get the guy of her dreams instead of 'sticking it to her' to see if she will take the plunge to get the money.
    Lisa can get the guys of her dreams if she wants, if she likes a particular person that much just turn down the marriage and decide to date one of the other guys. In that case she doesn't have to do the "shame" marriage and actually get to know the guy.

What is so romantic about marrying a guy who you dated(all infront of a camera) 8 times?

As for robert, what's a better story then the hopeless loser not giving up and getting the girl of his dreams?

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Personally, I never vote on this show, just watch. But I would like to see Lisa end up with Robert, and it's not out of spite. Lisa seems like a nice girl and I'd like for her to meet the man of her dreams too, but I don't believe a reality show is the way to go about it.

To me it's unbelievable that these men are being pressured into saying that they are in love with Lisa and want to commit to marrying her and having kids with her??? After only knowing each other a couple of months and always in front of cameras and never with any privacy???

And on top of all this they are making it sound like it's an issue of "maturity", for instance Dominic is supposedly not "mature" enough to sell his soul to the devil and state that yes without a doubt he wants to marry this woman that he barely knows???? And Hank IS praised as being the one who's the most "mature" about the situation that all the guys are in??? GMAB... :rolleyes

BTW Lisa does not "have" to marry the man the audience chooses. The man who wins has the opportunity to ask her to marry him, and if he does, then she has the opportunity to say yes. Even then, she doesn't have to stay married to him for the full year... She has the choice to say no at anytime (although based on what I've seen of her so far she has a hard time ever saying no to anyone... )
    Last edited by RealVoyeur; 09-03-2003 at 01:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast