+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fox news/Vendetta against Lisa?

FORT Newbie

Fox news/Vendetta against Lisa?

I only heard part of the broadcast, can anyone fill me in? I heard a story on Fox and Friends morning show regarding Cupid. I THINK they said the internet audience does not like Lisa?, and they are going to eliminate the men she likes to quote "torture" her. Is this right? Is there a group that doesn't like Lisa or is out to hurt her? I thought I must have heard somehthing wrong. Can someone fill me in?

Quote Originally Posted by Teapot
    I only heard part of the broadcast, can anyone fill me in? I heard a story on Fox and Friends morning show regarding Cupid. I THINK they said the internet audience does not like Lisa?, and they are going to eliminate the men she likes to quote "torture" her. Is this right? Is there a group that doesn't like Lisa or is out to hurt her? I thought I must have heard somehthing wrong. Can someone fill me in?

You should read the thread entitled "america purposely voting for robert"...there are like 6 pages all about this topic.. It will answer all your questions.. and then next tuesday after the show.. vote for robert!

god bless,
    wonderjeb

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderjeb
    You should read the thread entitled "america purposely voting for robert"...there are like 6 pages all about this topic.. It will answer all your questions.. and then next tuesday after the show.. vote for robert!

god bless,
    wonderjeb

I don't get it. WHY does everyone dislike Lisa, yet root for true love for Andrew FIrestone and Trista? What exactly brought out the hostility and made this a newsworthy story?
    The Robert dude was on Blind Date talking about what lovely boobies his date has. Forget Cupid, judge him on that. I read about that in US magazine.
    Is this just a backlash on reality TV. Has America had enough?

The Robert dude was on Blind Date talking about what lovely boobies his date has. Forget Cupid, judge him on that. I read about that in US magazine.
    Ha! God Bless Robert and his cooky European antics!

Hey at least he is being honest! If his date had lovely boobies, then why not let her know?

As far as Lisa.. she is just a lousy TV personality.. or should I say lack of personality? and her friends.. Oh Jesus, don't get me started. It is like they are judging these guys as to their compatibility with Lisa.. but what about Laura's compatibility with the rest of the outside world?

FORT Fan
    I don't get it. WHY does everyone dislike Lisa, yet root for true love for Andrew FIrestone and Trista? What exactly brought out the hostility and made this a newsworthy story?
    Is this just a backlash on reality TV. Has America had enough?
    andrew firestone didn't have his friends humiliate his potential suitors on national television. i think that's the biggest issue. also the shows are vastly different, in the bachelor we got to see both halves of the potential couples. on cupid we only really get to know the men. the producers failed to make lisa a sympathetic character and just assumed she would be treated as such. that was a big mistake, they forgot to take into account that the american public needs to like someone before they want good things to happen to them. otherwise the public views the person as unworthy of the good fortune that has fallen upon them.

a simple understanding of human nature, and a little effort in introducing lisa to the public in a positive manner would have made all the difference. if you must blame someone for the farce this show is quickly becoming blame the producers for their incredible lack of foresight.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ckeryj0nes
    andrew firestone didn't have his friends humiliate his potential suitors on national television. i think that's the biggest issue. .
    Exactly.

I also think many people dislike the dowery element to this show.
    There is a real incentive for the couple to stay married for a year in order to get the cash which is farcical.

I find nothing remotely likeable in Lisa, and having her bitch friends tell me what a great person she is each week is not sufficient enough evidence for me to change my mind.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Premium Member
    Robert is hilarious, I just want to see more of him. If he goes, the whole show goes with him. I hope someone offers him a sitcom.

If the public had been choosing Trista's future husband I think Russ would have gotten quite a few votes from people who didn't like Trista.
    She was smart enough to make sure she was the one doing the choosing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    If the public had been choosing Trista's future husband I think Russ would have gotten quite a few votes from people who didn't like Trista.
    She was smart enough to make sure she was the one doing the choosing.
    Fluff, I was just thinking nearly the same thing - if we could have voted in Bachelor 2, I would have worn out my dialing fingers on Christy.

FORT Fogey
    I do agree that Lisa is so one dimensional and have yet to find anything to her that is likable except that she has very white teeth and long legs. Her choice in friends is awful and I guess I find her guilty by association. I wouldn't have a problem w/the girls criticizing the guys if they were bad to Lisa but they criticize the men on just being themselves. Maybe they aren't good for Lisa but that doesn't make their character bad. I would like to see more of what Lisa is like as well. A Barbie is only fun for so long soon enough the doll that actually does something is a lot more fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast