+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fox news/Vendetta against Lisa?

FORT Regular
    I read the article on NY Post, and it sounds like the Simon Cowell PR machine in full swing to me....I mean, it's totally overblown (there has only been one of the guys she liked tossed out thus far, she wanted Ken and Scott to go. I think they are trying to beef it up to intrigue new viewers to check out the show. I saw the show's commercial tonight, and it is along the same lines as the article......guy she liked voted out, blah, blah, blah.....her least favorite being kept in....blah, blah, blah. PR machine! I have to say, I laughed out loud when I read in the article that people were ganging up to vote out the guys she likes....huh? What are the numbers we call to vote out guys? I'd like to throw a couple of those Evan's way (Sorry Evan fans, I still think he's a wolf in sheeps clothing).

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyDayz
    I read the article on NY Post, and it sounds like the Simon Cowell PR machine in full swing to me....I mean, it's totally overblown (there has only been one of the guys she liked tossed out thus far, she wanted Ken and Scott to go. I think they are trying to beef it up to intrigue new viewers to check out the show. I saw the show's commercial tonight, and it is along the same lines as the article......guy she liked voted out, blah, blah, blah.....her least favorite being kept in....blah, blah, blah. PR machine! I have to say, I laughed out loud when I read in the article that people were ganging up to vote out the guys she likes....huh? What are the numbers we call to vote out guys? I'd like to throw a couple of those Evan's way (Sorry Evan fans, I still think he's a wolf in sheeps clothing).

Good point! maybe it is PR.....garnering more attention to the show. How does it do in the ratings? Eventhough I can see why people are voting to keep robert, I do think it's torturing the guy.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70
    Good point! maybe it is PR.....garnering more attention to the show. How does it do in the ratings? Eventhough I can see why people are voting to keep robert, I do think it's torturing the guy.
    I don't think he's tortured so much as he's ticked off. But look at what he's getting in return - just think what all this publicity will do for his career. He's getting name-recognition out of this. This can only be a plus in his chosen career. If he wants to start up a gym or something, he won't have any trouble finding backers.

Vote for Robert. He can't go home. His contract won't let him go home until the show ends. He would be sequestered with all the guys that crapped on him. At least if he stays on the show then he will be able to date Lisa and get much needed publicity for his career. Robert likes Lisa enough to want to endure the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by elf_girl
    Me too. At first I hoped he would win, because the show would be so boring without his dates. And then I started to feel bad for him. It just looks so embarrasing for him, I think it might be time to send him home, I feel sorry for him.

You really understand the Entertainment business. I saw the same commercial during the US Open today. The ratings for Cupid are somewhere below the top 25. Even For Love or Money and Who Wants to Marry My Dad have been in the top 25 weekly. The TV brass will do anything for a buck. It's hard to believe that some folks are critizing the people voting for their favorite guy on the show. Lisa and her bull dog friends traveled the US to select the top ten guys most of whom she doesn't like or have nothing in common with.

Vote for Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyDayz

FORT Fogey
    I agree with the statement above that lisa is not portrayed as a sympathetic character, but i think that's only a minor part of the problem. On the bachelor(or bachelorette) they get to choose who stays and goes. If it was down to the americian public to vote on it, be sure there would be synical people or people who are looking for entertainment purposes to make sure they don't get the person best suited to them.

Let's face it, Rob has become the main star of this show indirectly. He is the ONLY reason i watch this, i want to see how far he can make it and his dates are funny as hell.

FORT Fogey
    Ok, I've got an idea for a twist to the show... we end up voting for Robert in the finals, and then it comes out.... hahaha, this wasn't for Lisa, it's for Laura... she gets to marry him.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    Ok, I've got an idea for a twist to the show... we end up voting for Robert in the finals, and then it comes out.... hahaha, this wasn't for Lisa, it's for Laura... she gets to marry him.

FORT Newbie
    I understand your point a bit more now. The craze for Clay/Reuben WAS because "we," the audience "grew" to feel like we knew and loved them. They skipped an intro to Lisa. We should have met her parents from the beginning to understand her and why she is doing this.
    I think Lisa is shy, and was maybe even a bit of a nerd. Does anyone see this? I notice in particular when she walks out with her head down and a little gawky. (her walk) I do believe she is a Yes person who doesn't take up for herself very easily.
    I just hope she can so no if she doesn't want to marry.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Teapot
    I understand your point a bit more now. The craze for Clay/Reuben WAS because "we," the audience "grew" to feel like we knew and loved them. They skipped an intro to Lisa. We should have met her parents from the beginning to understand her and why she is doing this.
    I think Lisa is shy, and was maybe even a bit of a nerd. Does anyone see this? I notice in particular when she walks out with her head down and a little gawky. (her walk) I do believe she is a Yes person who doesn't take up for herself very easily.
    I just hope she can so no if she doesn't want to marry.

I agree with a lot of the above comment. It's very difficult to choose which guyi s right for Lisa because we've gotten to know very little of her likes, dislikes and personality. She sounds like she is more ready for kids than she is for a marriage. A couple that begins a marriage on these terms really need to take some time to get to know each other before they start having kids. Considering Lisa's apparent unease with children on the episode with the kids, makes me wonder if she's really ready for kids.

I like Hank a lot. I think he's a great guy, has his head on, is a straight shooter and doesn't take any crap. He's the one most ready for marriage. However, I'm not convinced that a marriage between Hank and Lisa will be good. He can do much better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast