+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fox news/Vendetta against Lisa?

Well, I am against voting to torture Robert and Lisa, but you all do make a point about the producers failing to help us get to know Lisa. It's a good point. Simon Cowell assumed that we'd see Lisa and instantly want to help her, or I guess after seeing her and her friends in the multiple cities, we'd be invested in her. Although I'd like to see the two people get together who like each other best, I see that Lisa is sort of a blank slate to me. I'm pretty much voting for the guy I like best and who seems to like her best.

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    I do agree that Lisa is so one dimensional and have yet to find anything to her that is likable except that she has very white teeth and long legs. Her choice in friends is awful and I guess I find her guilty by association. I wouldn't have a problem w/the girls criticizing the guys if they were bad to Lisa but they criticize the men on just being themselves. Maybe they aren't good for Lisa but that doesn't make their character bad. I would like to see more of what Lisa is like as well. A Barbie is only fun for so long soon enough the doll that actually does something is a lot more fun.
    I agree with most of that, except I guess I haven't found her guilty yet because her friends have been rude/unduly critical. I feel badly for Lisa that all these fellow Americans are voting not in her interest because she can't tell her friends to shut up (or they don't obey her when she does basically say that).

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    I agree with most of that, except I guess I haven't found her guilty yet because her friends have been rude/unduly critical. I feel badly for Lisa that all these fellow Americans are voting not in her interest because she can't tell her friends to shut up (or they don't obey her when she does basically say that).
    Maybe the reason Lisa is still single is the company she keeps.

Quote Originally Posted by surprise twist
    Maybe the reason Lisa is still single is the company she keeps.
    "Still single?" She's only 25. When does spinterhood start around here anyway?

Sadly, Simon Cowell has said that he purposely shows Laura (Lisa's rottweiler #1) being her fully bitchy self, uncensored, because he thinks it makes for good TV.

The end result of doing that, however, is that America rails against the portrayal, and votes from spite.

I did not see the Fox report. I did read the New York post article for today that says essentially the same thing.

I am voting for Robert because he is entertaining and really likes Lisa. Lisa did pick him for the top ten. No one deserves to be selected for the top ten only for public humiliation.

Hank and Joe are the only guys that Lisa friends have not been nasty to and they are the only two guys that have never been in the bottom. If the viewers were trying to give a pay back, Hank and Joe would be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Teapot
    I only heard part of the broadcast, can anyone fill me in? I heard a story on Fox and Friends morning show regarding Cupid. I THINK they said the internet audience does not like Lisa?, and they are going to eliminate the men she likes to quote "torture" her. Is this right? Is there a group that doesn't like Lisa or is out to hurt her? I thought I must have heard somehthing wrong. Can someone fill me in?

I agree that many people are voting against Lisa's friends rather than for Lisa. Lisa comes across as spineless with little personality. Are the guys just into her because of her looks? I know men can be shallow that way, but the money probably turns the tide with or without a personality.

I feel very sorry for Robert. I think he would like to quit and go home. There must be some clause that says he can't. I doubt that he even really likes Lisa anymore. People aren't doing him a favor by keeping him around. He's just being subjected to more abuse.

I have a sick feeling that Joe may be the final one. All I can say is - if he is, her friends did a number on her. They like him, but I don't think she does. She certainly can't be attracted to him - NO chemistry at all and he is OBNOXIOUS - constantly bragging about what he has or will have. But, Laura likes him!

Lisa should tell her friends to shut up - they aren't doing her any favors!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    "Still single?" She's only 25. When does spinterhood start around here anyway?
    Whoops, I forgot she was 25. (She seems older.) Sorry! You're right.

Let me amend that: maybe the reason Lisa can't find a great guy on her own is, once they meet her friends they run like the hounds of hell were after them.

Lisa should have had more of a spine and defended Evan and Paul before Paul was cut. I agree that I would not call Laura a friend especially since her compliments to Joe have kept him out of the bottom. Who would want to wake up to that hairy short fat back every morning?

Robert is a glutton for punishment. He actually likes Lisa enough to want to complete this process. He can't go home. He will be sequestered until the show is over. I would rather have Robert on the show than stuck some where with Paul, Scott(yuck), Rob, and Ken.
    I'm sure Robert would rather to continue dating Lisa than to be sequestered only with a bunch of guys that give him a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    I agree that many people are voting against Lisa's friends rather than for Lisa. Lisa comes across as spineless with little personality. Are the guys just into her because of her looks? I know men can be shallow that way, but the money probably turns the tide with or without a personality.

I feel very sorry for Robert. I think he would like to quit and go home. There must be some clause that says he can't. I doubt that he even really likes Lisa anymore. People aren't doing him a favor by keeping him around. He's just being subjected to more abuse.

I have a sick feeling that Joe may be the final one. All I can say is - if he is, her friends did a number on her. They like him, but I don't think she does. She certainly can't be attracted to him - NO chemistry at all and he is OBNOXIOUS - constantly bragging about what he has or will have. But, Laura likes him!

Lisa should tell her friends to shut up - they aren't doing her any favors!

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    Me too. At first I hoped he would win, because the show would be so boring without his dates. And then I started to feel bad for him. It just looks so embarrasing for him, I think it might be time to send him home, I feel sorry for him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast