+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is Lisa's Top Choice?

FORT Newbie
    then you proceed to judge Hank on his looks.
    Exactly! That is not superficial, that is what is the fact, it is visible and obvious. The rest is nothing but a play.
    The next time you get surprised why was a guy lying to you --- it is because it works!
    Everybody wears a character and family values because they know it is socially acceptable and atractive to women. It is just like women with artificial breasts. You cannot figure out the guy based on a few dates. What you can see is that he is butt ugly, which is the fact in case of Joe and Hank. They might have a character or not but they will try to fool you with the character anyway since there is nothing else they can present. If you think you can see through you are really good. Are you?

The character comes through only when a person is seriously tempted. And I don't mean with the absence of sleep. It is when the alternatives are offered - money, other women, successful career, problems, ... you know the drill.

I am judging the looks because that is what I see, the facts.

Beside if I were in the place of producers/Lisa I would require the last tax return of each. Because some of these guys are flashing career but career is the best seen on the tax return. I am assuming Joe and Hank with their "successes" would be very much ready to produce the proof.
    Last edited by blaster2; 08-28-2003 at 10:10 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    I've said it before - I'll say it again. Hank has been a shoo in since day one. But that is not entertaining enough, so now everyone is trying to trash him. Lisa's parents loved him, her brother liked him - but not Evan (same as me). They all can't be that wrong instinctively. I think what you see is what you get. All the other guys are threatened by Hank and so they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by blaster2
    Wow, you make quick and stark distictions based on superficial impressions. Take a good look at the guy's photos, he is not even remotely handsome, looks like a Balkan type of beef to me. Sure he is "steady" because it is hard to fool around with that looks.
    These "options trading" guys are a surprise to me. There is a lot of hustling in that business but if you are really into it and doing well (minority) you wouldn't have the time to waste on silly TV shows like "Cupid."
    Well put. You are one of the first people that doesn't think that Hank is "so handsome". I mean the guy has a big nose, a plain face, and is always totally greasy and shiny.

I, like Hank, work in the options trading business.. I know a few people down here on the floor who "knew" him two years ago.. where he has been since, I don't know.. maybe he is trading from an office.. If this is the case, he is most likely trading for a firm (not his own money) ..and I seriously doubt that they would give him this much time off. Days off are hard to come by in this industry because you make money by trading.. if you are not there to trade, or not there when the market is moving a lot, you won't make money. Plus, he has to manage his position (what contracts he continues to hold)...which needs to be constantly monitored. So I am thinking that Hank is no longer in this business.. or is not actually trading, rather doing more of a "clerking" role..

Hank sucks..he is such a phoney.

Vote Robert, and Vote Often for Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyDayz
    I think it's because she is falling for BOTH Hank and Evan at this stage.....and they are very different guys, so yeah, her dates with Evan aren't like any others (it was her dates with Evan that she said weren't like any of the others). But from viewing them, her dates with Hank aren't like any others either (her eyes do come alive when she is with Hank, in a way I haven't really seen with the other guys)....and if she were totally sold on Evan, she wouldn't be getting so hot and heavy with Hank. I think her feelings are developing, but maybe she isn't quite sold on which should be "the one".

I pretty much agree with this and I'll take it a step further by saying that Lisa knows that she isn't the one who gets to pick, so she's trying to keep an open mind about the possibility of marrying ANY one of the contestants. Some she likes more than others... I think she probably does like Hank the most but Evan is probably a close second.

The thing is though as long as she's keeping this "open-mindedness" about all the guys she will never be able to fully commit to one of them and there will always be this wall that will need to be kept up between them, that can't be broken down until the last guy is chosen... Real healthy way to start a relationship huh? :rolleyes

Hank is just playing the safe card. I have never seen originality in any of his dates. He is ready for marriage, would be a nice husband, established, etc... But he seems so boring.

Lisa and her friends are realy falling for him and it is ok. But this is exactly the type of husband I would not want. If he does not have to be creative, fun, etc... What is it going to be after a year or 2 of marriage?

The underdogs (Dominic and Renda) are the complete package. And they will get older and they will be established and good husbands. I don't know why it is necessary to be at the top mature level for the last episode of cupide. Life is long, and it has to be fun during all those years.

Evan is not himself, he is different on each date and he was in panic for nothing this week. And he was realy out of control in an easy situation.

Lisa's father deserve the lemon for this week. He was acting like the parents were acting in the '20. Sorry mister Shannon, your daughter will decide what she needs: Stay home or work / An established boring guy or a creative one. I think M. Shannon was prepared for the entire interview, but he missed the most important thing: Be natural with people.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by blaster2
    Wow, you make quick and stark distictions based on superficial impressions. Take a good look at the guy's photos, he is not even remotely handsome, looks like a Balkan type of beef to me. Sure he is "steady" because it is hard to fool around with that looks.
    These "options trading" guys are a surprise to me. There is a lot of hustling in that business but if you are really into it and doing well (minority) you wouldn't have the time to waste on silly TV shows like "Cupid."

I'm sorry to say but I think you are wrong. Hank is a great looking man - if you are judging him on looks. Yes, his picture does him no justice whatsoever, but he is hot on the show. I have not seen anything terrible about Hank so far as some of the posters have. Hank seems to be an awesome guy with a charming personality. I hope Lisa and Hank will end up together.

FORT Fanatic

Hank

What everyone loves about Hank is that he is doing normal things. He likes to fish, so he involved her in that. He didn't make things up - or try to do something phony to impress Lisa. That is what is great about him - he is ordinary and extraordinary at the same time. He can bore me anytime.

Hank is not ugly - Joe was ugly (or plain). Hank is ruggedly handsome, but not pretty. Evan is pretty. Those are definitely the top two with Lisa which appears obvious to me and many others.

Evan actually has the better job, but Hank is ambitious and still pretty young with good potential. Either one would be a good choice. The others are too young (Dom), too flighty (Renda), or too strange (Robert).

However, Hank seems to be the one who is the most emotionally tied to Lisa. I don't think Evan feels more lust for her, but I could be wrong.

Being attracted and excited about doing ordinary things with someone is an indication of love...and the reality of everyday life is that mundane things happen more than extraordinary events. It looks to me like Lisa hasn't found too many things boring with Hank, no matter how ordinary the activity is. And while life with Hank might not measure up to someone else's criteria for a fulfilling life, if it rocks Lisa's world, that's all that matters.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow
    Being attracted and excited about doing ordinary things with someone is an indication of love...and the reality of everyday life is that mundane things happen more than extraordinary events. It looks to me like Lisa hasn't found too many things boring with Hank, no matter how ordinary the activity is. And while life with Hank might not measure up to someone else's criteria for a fulfilling life, if it rocks Lisa's world, that's all that matters.

Exactly! Lisa and Hank seem to fit well together and just enjoy being together.....if they can have a spark like that without having to do extraordinary things, then they are definitely hitting on something real!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast