+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would get voted out if the voting was reversed?

Who would get voted out if the voting was reversed?

I was just wondering who everyone thought would be voted out if instead of America voting for the person to stay, they vote for who they want to leave. Do you guys think that maybe then Robert may have been voted out?

Escaping my own reality!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahgirl
    I was just wondering who everyone thought would be voted out if instead of America voting for the person to stay, they vote for who they want to leave. Do you guys think that maybe then Robert may have been voted out?
    Yes, I think Robert would have been long gone by now if we got to vote people out rather than vote for people to stay. I think Joe would be going directly after that.

Definately Robert. Because the cumulative number of votes for all the other guys would outweight the Robert fans out there.

FORT Regular
    Robert would have been the first one out.

The way they are doing the voting is stupid. They should be voted out not voted for who should stay. Also, people should not be able to vote more than once for a suitor. This way, the families and friends would not be able to keep someone by mass voting (probably the reason Joe is still in).

This would be fairer, but the way it is - Lisa will probably end up with Joe or Robert.

I think the reason that Simon Cowell has the show set up this way is for that very fact that it is good television to have dorks on tv that will make a fool of themselves and if that is what America wants to keep their ratings up than that is what they are going to get. Let's face it having Robert there has created a huge contraversy of this show and is helping them with this show. It is what sets apart this show fromall the zillion other dating shows out there.

I like all the rest of you guys agree that Robert would have been the first one out of there if they were voting for who to kick off instead of who should stay.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahgirl
    I think the reason that Simon Cowell has the show set up this way is for that very fact that it is good television to have dorks on tv that will make a fool of themselves and if that is what America wants to keep their ratings up than that is what they are going to get. Let's face it having Robert there has created a huge contraversy of this show and is helping them with this show. It is what sets apart this show fromall the zillion other dating shows out there.

I like all the rest of you guys agree that Robert would have been the first one out of there if they were voting for who to kick off instead of who should stay.
    Unfortunately for Cupid this strategy of voting for the favorites did NOT keep the ratings up--IMHO it would have scored higher if we had voted out the loser each week

FORT Fogey
    If you voted out the one you wanted to go there would be a good chance around this time some of the favorites would get knocked out. All the fans of the other guys would gang up right now and vote Hank out.

Voting for the person you want out doesn't work because people will vote for whoever they percieve as threats and lisa would be left the "3rd" or "4th" best option when all was said and done.

Anybody who seen Big Brother 1 will know how the vote who you want out system works. People basically got rid of anybody who was entertaining(Will Mega, Jordan, That mom who was spilling her guts on TV went out 1,2,3) or precieved to be a threat because they popular(Britney was the 4th person kicked out) and left us with the 6 most boring people(besides maybe chicken goerge). Each week it seemed like Curtis(who although he was a nice guy, was as fun as watching paint dry) was up for nomination and never got evicted because people weren't threatened by him.
    Last edited by CharlaFan; 09-03-2003 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    If you voted out the one you wanted to go there would be a good chance around this time some of the favorites would get knocked out. All the fans of the other guys would gang up right now and vote Hank out.

Voting for the person you want out doesn't work because people will vote for whoever they percieve as threats and lisa would be left the "3rd" or "4th" best option when all was said and done.

Great insight CharlaFan! That's exactly what would have happened.

I posted the same subject, same description, yesterday, but it has been deleted. Still don't know why.

The last part I was suggesting after voting for the one we want to leave is about the remaining 4.

From this point, it should be all in Lisa' hands. Afterall, she is the one getting involved. And there would be no way to gang on the good guys from the beginning until the end.

With this method, I think the following would be on stage: Hank, Evan, Paul, Joe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast