+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voting System

Hug me!

Voting System

I am surprised that Cupid still encourge and allow you to vote as many time as you can for two hours even after what happened to American idol II ?

The worse part is the thank you message doesn't even tell you which contestant you voted for.

May be a dumb question, but what happened on AI2?

Hug me!
    Sunny, you must be living under a rock. How could you don't know what happend in American Idol II ?

Well.. make long story short. People were complainting that they could't call in to vote for their favorite because the phone lines are always busy. Before you asked.. the answer is yes and yes. Yes.. some people have no life and would call in continuously/non-stop for three hours to vote their favorite. And yes... present company included.. I am one of them.

Ok Ok cut me some slack. I can have a short memory sometimes. And I am Canadian so I don't think we could even vote so it didn't really affect me.

I can see how that would be a problem though. Some contestants obviously ended up missing out in votes.

Yes, it is unreal that these shows don't have phone security. They seem to think that the lack of a voting system contributes to high ratings which is the real goal.

That is why I have been voting for Robert multiple times since last week. They deserve the results that they get.

Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    I am surprised that Cupid still encourge and allow you to vote as many time as you can for two hours even after what happened to American idol II ?

The worse part is the thank you message doesn't even tell you which contestant you voted for.

Hug me!
    .. and seriously who really need two hours to cast a vote for a contestant ? :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    .. and seriously who really need two hours to cast a vote for a contestant ? :rolleyes
    Good point.

FORT Regular
    I don't even think it was the personal re-dialing that was the miniscandal for AI--it was computer software autodialing like telemarketers use, wasn't it?

FORT Newbie
    Damn. I wish Canadians can vote. I'm crossing my fingers for Hunky Hank.

me too shampoo and I'm in the same red and white boat
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast