+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 08/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest
    I did NOT like this side of Hank at all. He was so creepy in saying that he wanted to take all Lisa's clothes off and that he didn't want to share her with anyone.
    Yep, I agree. Issuing ultimatums, describing what he'd like to do to her when he knows a camera's running.... at best he's a control freak.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest
    I did NOT like this side of Hank at all. He was so creepy

Am I alone on this one???
    Nope, I was a bit stunned, considering he knew a camera was on them. Unless he really thought they wouldn't subtitle what was being said in whispers. I know those dates are pretty long, and they have lots of footage for editing. This sounds like a "Joe Millionaire" edit to me -- deliberately provoking a reaction from the audience.

But I do have to admit that it turned me off pretty effectively. That stuff is just private (wow, I'm such a puritan lately! )

Well, I do not think Hank was creepy. First of all they probably get used to the cameras, and second, I do not think he thought his words could be heard (or captured on tape). And judging from Lisa's reactions, I think she approved. Interesting editing though, maybe they are trying to send stronger clues to the audience.

My day has turned night.. Atlantic's Avatar
    Hank was being the typical guy. Hank seems the dominant type. Thats probably why the Jekel/hyde remark. He seems to be the one that wants to be in control and if Lisa is looking for someone like than, than he is perfect.

My personal favorite is still Robert. Did you see his stance in the begining of the date or his attitude. "She doesn't want me here so why bother with this whole thing." hahahahaha....so funny.

He seems to be the type that when he got in here, he probably thought his good looks would automatically enable him to win, but when they started putting him down and he didn't have his emotional support with him (friends) than he started getting depressed. Now it seems the ladies are trying to not be so mean to him, that way people will not vote for him. But I've been watching the show to long, so I'll always vote for Rob. Yeah Rob!!

Quote Originally Posted by surprise twist
    Yep, I agree. Issuing ultimatums, describing what he'd like to do to her when he knows a camera's running.... at best he's a control freak.
    I wasn't so much freaked out by his "I want to get in your pants" line as I was by the way he seemed so manipulative. It made me wonder about the Jekyll/Hyde comment from last week.

He seemed to be playing major mind games with the other guys--for example commenting on-camera about how poor Renda is going to get hurt, because he doesn't realize that Lisa's not as into him as Renda thinks (and other trash talking).

I got the impression that maybe this is more of a "competition" for Hank than we've been led to believe. He seemed sort of Machiavellian rather than the sweet, sincere, and uncomplicated guy he appeared to be previously.

For some reason after tonight, I had the impression that the "Aw, gee, shucks, golly girls--I'm just so flattered that you think I'm cute" thing may have been a put-on, and that he is really tough as nails.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Little Joe never once gave it away
    Everybody had to pay and pay

I thought this date was supposed to be about meeting the family of the guy. Why did Joe have to take Lisa to see "one of his" houses? Joe just wants a trophy on his arm to complete his image that means so much to him. Loser.

I used to like Hank, but I think he's a little creepy right now. However, I will say, I don't think I could handle the situation very well. If I was dating someone, under any circumstances, and I really liked her it would be hard to watch her go out with other guys, making out with them and telling them how much she likes them. This show is just brutal. I like Evan's approach, he seems less concerned about the competition part of this fiasco.

I did not find Hank's comments creepy. Both Hank and Lisa are attracted to each other, it's very evident. He desires her and he's telling her so. As for the Jekyll & Hyde comment..he's honest that there are guys he does not like in the house. Big deal. He's not acting wishy washy.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Let's hope he never stops liking Lisa!

I didn't think Hank's comments were creepy. I'm just getting the feeling that if he doesn't like you he can be very mean about it. Rubs me the wrong way, that's all.

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss
    I wasn't so much freaked out by his "I want to get in your pants" line as I was by the way he seemed so manipulative. It made me wonder about the Jekyll/Hyde comment from last week.

He seemed to be playing major mind games with the other guys--for example commenting on-camera about how poor Renda is going to get hurt, because he doesn't realize that Lisa's not as into him as Renda thinks (and other trash talking).

I got the impression that maybe this is more of a "competition" for Hank than we've been led to believe. He seemed sort of Machiavellian rather than the sweet, sincere, and uncomplicated guy he appeared to be previously.

For some reason after tonight, I had the impression that the "Aw, gee, shucks, golly girls--I'm just so flattered that you think I'm cute" thing may have been a put-on, and that he is really tough as nails.
    I am so glad other people are seeing Hank the way I do. I didn't want to say this before because it's a personal bias and it would blow my "cover" (what the heck, I'm a girl with a boy's screen name, I admit it), but I have to say it now: Hank has always reminded me of my ex-boyfriend. I think he's perfect for Lisa because of his dominant personality, but I was not at all surprised to find him a bit pushier once he felt he had an edge and felt secure about Lisa's affection. What really creeped me out is not only does he talk like my ex and have the same "boyish charm first, selfish demands second" trait, he kisses exactly the same way. I almost puked on my skirt at that point.

Let me re-emphasize, I think he'd be great for Lisa.

At this point in the show, things that come out of Hank's mouth are easily forgiven, because of the good behavior he had shown in earlier episodes. I think if they had shown Joe or Renda saying "I want to make love to you and take your clothes off", they would come off as the creepiest guys ever. But since Hank said it, and Hank is most people's favorite (except for Robert fans), somehow it made it OK that he was saying those things. At least that's how I felt.
    I am beginning to agree with other posters who think that Lisa is really bland and without a personality.
    In that case, I think Hank is too nice for her, and that she should end up with someone like Joe, who, I don't particularly like. But she seems to enjoy his flashy attitude, so go for it Lisa! If Laura likes him for you, maybe there's something to it, and maybe that sleazy type is indeed the best type for Lisa...
    What do you guys think??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast