+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: why should the audience care what's best for lisa?

Quote Originally Posted by lisaluvsrobert
    Everyone Wins with Robert Selected!!!

1) We (America) win by all being entertained at the shock and awe of the Bitch Friends and Lisa.

2) Simon Cowell and CBS win with higher viewer ratings. (mo money, mo money)

3) Lisa wins by learning not to put her trust in the public or anyone else for such a life changing decision. She has the option of learning such a valuable lesson with a million dollar payoff!

4) Robert wins by spending a year with "eye candy" Lisa and the million dollars. Even if he is turned down for the million, he gets plenty of TV exposure to further his career.

5) Finally, the rest of the suitors win by not having to spend one extra minute being cordial to Lisa's Bitch Friends.

A vote for Robert, is a WIN for us all !!!!!
    Great post!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    Very interesting conclusions - I thought initially (and still do) that the concept of having other people choose your mate is ridiculous. Look what happened in the "Married by America". Only two of the couples actually hooked up and only one stayed together for any length of time.
    What did end up happening with Married By America? I thought that show was totally abhorrent--worse than Cupid! Did any of those couples actually marry or did they wise up?

Quote Originally Posted by surprise twist
    If they wanted us to care about matching up Lisa with the right guy, as opposed to being entertained, they wouldn't have shown all the poor psycho loser slobs in the original interviews, and they wouldn't have chosen those specific vicious-bitch friends to critique the guys. They had no goal here beyond entertaining people, and if they don't care whether Lisa finds true love why the hell should I?

I totally agree. The million dollar prize also interfers with my caring. If the participants were sincere then they wouldn't need the money to be happy. Lisa may be a nice person but she hasn't shown a lot of cleverness, stamina, talent or character yet so I don't feel she's "earned" the money.

I personally would enjoy the show a lot more if I cared about Lisa; but that's The Bachelorette, NOT this show.
    Bring it!

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I think that Lisa will come out of this with what she was looking for when she went into it-fame and fortune. She's gotten invaluable exposure time on tv and free, fun dates with goodlooking men. She will probably marry the last guy standing, stay with him for a year and come out of it with lots of money. I could really care less about her well-being. I would vote for a frog if one was in the running simply to see her face as she realizes her fate. But wait, isn't that the way she looks at Robert every week? She and her freaky friends chose the final guys so they have no one to blame but themselves for having him there to start with. Personally, I hope he wins.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

How did we become so jaded?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Just being realistic. lol
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur
    What did end up happening with Married By America? I thought that show was totally abhorrent--worse than Cupid! Did any of those couples actually marry or did they wise up?
    I heard both couples broke up, Kevin & Jill for good after he moved to NY, before hockey season was over I think. Of course neither went through with the marriage ceremony during the show but Billie & whatshisname really had a blowup on the show when he refused to say "I do". Yeah, MBA definitely wins most ridiculous for now...but Cupid could be closing fast.

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck
    I totally agree. The million dollar prize also interfers with my caring. If the participants were sincere then they wouldn't need the money to be happy. Lisa may be a nice person but she hasn't shown a lot of cleverness, stamina, talent or character yet so I don't feel she's "earned" the money.

I personally would enjoy the show a lot more if I cared about Lisa; but that's The Bachelorette, NOT this show.
    Why does every reality show have to be about winning a million dollars now? Survivor is understandable, but to have all these relationship variations of winning a million is absurd and not always interesting. Do producers think winning a million is the only thing that can get viewers interested? Or do they think that's the only way they can get pseudo-normal people to try out for these reality shows? I say give up on screening applicants and just let aspiring Hollywood actors get all the reality roles they want. Make it obvious that they're there for exposure, we all know it's true anyway.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by davidbird
    Why does every reality show have to be about winning a million dollars now? Survivor is understandable, but to have all these relationship variations of winning a million is absurd and not always interesting. Do producers think winning a million is the only thing that can get viewers interested? Or do they think that's the only way they can get pseudo-normal people to try out for these reality shows? I say give up on screening applicants and just let aspiring Hollywood actors get all the reality roles they want. Make it obvious that they're there for exposure, we all know it's true anyway.

I think it's pretty obvious that Robert is the aspiring Hollywood actor on this show and imho he's a plant by Simon Cowell to make a pretty boring show a little interesting. He won't be in the top three imho.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234