+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I alone

Overthetop- we are aware Lisa et. al. didn't come up with the idea. Hence, we are mocking the seriousness in which it was received by the girls.

Of course Lisa didn't berate anyone. It's not her position to do so. However, she is the master of blank expressions and superficial platitudes. Is she shot up with botox and is incapable of showing emotion?

What I learned from that test is most of the men can at least pretend to enjoy the children, whereas Lisa cannot. She wants children as an add-on to her highpowered have-it-all lifestyle. Unfortunately, she has demonstrated she does not have a maternal instinct whatsoever. Hopefully she ends up with a great guy who can compensate for the inevitable motherly void.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny
    Overthetop- we are aware Lisa et. al. didn't come up with the idea. Hence, we are mocking the seriousness in which it was received by the girls.

Of course Lisa didn't berate anyone. It's not her position to do so. However, she is the master of blank expressions and superficial platitudes. Is she shot up with botox and is incapable of showing emotion?

What I learned from that test is most of the men can at least pretend to enjoy the children, whereas Lisa cannot. She wants children as an add-on to her highpowered have-it-all lifestyle. Unfortunately, she has demonstrated she does not have a maternal instinct whatsoever. Hopefully she ends up with a great guy who can compensate for the inevitable motherly void.
    In fairness to Lisa, she had to interact with 8 sets of kids, whereas the guys only had to deal with one set. Also, the guys had more time with the kids to establish a rapport. And finally, although Lisa is not the most charasmatic personality in the world, you might consider that there are camera crews following her every move.

True, but she didn't even really talk to the kids! Nothing!

And as someone else pointed out, she cringed at the idea of sparkles in her hair.

She just didn't come off as someone who enjoys children....

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar

And as someone else pointed out, she cringed at the idea of sparkles in her hair.

I think Lisa's behavior has not changed since the previous weeks, her blandness has just been amplified by the kid dates. I think all these dates are poor tests for the men, because they're told exactly what to do. Men do fine when they know exactly what they're supposed to do, they can act out a part. It's getting behind the act that's the problem, and that's not something a chick can find out on a TV show.

FORT Newbie
    Not wanting glitter in her hair isn't a great way to tell if Lisa would be a good mom--lets see how she would react to throw up on her shoes--if she can handle that without blinking--then we know she would be a good mom!

Men react differently to other ppl children than they do to their own.Lisa, IMO did far worse than the men did.I thought that most women have motherly instincts that kick in when they want them to or when they are need?I guess Lisa's aren't working.Sunny is right,Lisa's not ready to be a mother.All the interaction with just made that crystal clear to everyone watching.

FORT Fan

Hey, wait!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigfluffy
    lets see how she would react to throw up on her shoes--if she can handle that without blinking--then we know she would be a good mom!
    :nono

Aw, c'mon, I have 2 kids, one only 6 weeks old, and I still don't like barf anywhere on me. You may get used to it, but it's definitely not a favorite feeling

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by barbh
    :nono

Aw, c'mon, I have 2 kids, one only 6 weeks old, and I still don't like barf anywhere on me. You may get used to it, but it's definitely not a favorite feeling
    Congrats barbh on the 6 week old! I have 3--so I can understand that maybe your a little sleep deprived and don't realize I WAS J/ K!!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by to-tix
    you might consider that there are camera crews following her every move.
    why should we consider that a mitigating factor? it's not like she didn't know they were going to be there, nor like she didn't realize that her dates might be filmed while she participated in a reality dating/courtship show.

also, it's not as if the men didn't have cameras following their every move and not one of them seemed less comfortable than lisa.

They could have chosen a woman who was more comfortable in front of the cameras...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast