+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the million dollar dowry make a big difference?

Hook 'em Horns!

Does the million dollar dowry make a big difference?

What if there were no million dollar dowry? What if the prize out of this whole show was just finding your soul mate...would we then vote differently?

Since the show is for entertainment purposes, we want to test Lisa's last nerve and see if the million dollars is worth possibly being married to Robert for a year. If there were no million dollars, would you want her to find happiness (and vote accordingly)...or test her last nerve (vote for Robert)...or would you still want to watch Robert make an @$$ out of himself on national TV?

I think if there was no dowry, America might be a little more sympathetic to Lisa and actually HELP her find her soul mate. With the dowry, it's just like "Boohoo, *tear* Lisa gets to date great guys (sort of), get pampered, live a luxurious lifestyle, AND get money." Oh yeah, let's all feel sorry for her... (please note sarcasm)

I don't know how this married thing works but I don't think Lisa will get the money. She has to marry one of those guys to get the money but unless she's not in love with any of them she won't get the money. And I don't see her getting married just for the money. She's better than that.

FORT Regular
    Yeah, we'll leave that to Erin from FLOM.

LOL...Lisa has to be married to the man for at least a year to receive the million dollars. There is no reason for her having to love the man, (like so many doomed marriages in the world). I don't think the problem is the money, this is not why America has it in for her...it is her choice of friends, and what they say to the American public that gives us the impression of her. If her friends would shut up and start just critiquing the suitors in a respectful manner, then her current plight may not go in the direction to have the most incompatible man being held for the right of her...however...the million dollars does play into our aspects of what the show really means...a game show, do we as the perspective audience want her million dollars to come easy or come in a way that she'll have to earn it? We could play the nice guys, but her friends that flank her, leave us with a distaste that lead us into choosing the most inappropriate choice that we have, because we want the hurt that is fed to the fellows on the stage...to be fed into her life as well..."How do you like my mutton now?"

FORT Regular
    I don't even think that's it. It seems to me that America doesn't really 'have it in for her' so much as we couldn't care less about her and just want to see people (*cough* Robert *cough*) make an ass out of themselves.

Honestly, I wonder what would happen if he was the last man standing. I can see America doing that to her... Not because of Kimberly Or LaBitch (TM Dabone@mediafiends) but just because, let's face it, Robert's entertaining... in that creepy, scary, train wreck kinda way. I mean, really, last week the man CRIED! This week he was SO desperate he got a bunch of kids to help him try to kiss this girl by playing the World's Saddest Simon Says. I'd keep him around, just to find out if he was gonna do it again!

And, as long as he stays off-kilter, marginally creepy, and as long as the WatchDogs go after him, he'll stay in this competition.

However, to answer the original question, yeah, they only have to stay married a year. Then they get their payoff and can choose how they want to go on from there.

FORT Regular
    Without the dowry, we'd see a big change in participants. Then again, without the pressure of having to get married, it might be even easier for people who don't want to get married to be there.

I can't see Lisa getting married to Robert just for the money, but I can see her getting married to someone she's not in love with just for the money. Of course, if Robert is one of the last two or three guys, I wouldn't be surprised if by some miracle he becomes a great catch through a combination of editing and Lisa showing off for the camera.

The more vehemently her friends lash out at the guys and/or the American public, the more pleasure people get at doing exactly what they don't want them to do. Ken and Robert are horrible... we can see that... we don't need to be told it by a couple shrews who are cursing at us.

dowry is a funny word ... and yeah I agree w u allie

FORT Fan
    i have to wonder, if there wasn't any money attached to her, would any of these men be interested in her for something besides a roll in the hay? so far i haven't seen anything terribly endearing about her, other than the million dollars that is.

If money weren't involved I think some of the guys that are there wouldn't have even auditioned. I don't think it'd really have an effect on the votes though. The fact that Lisa and one of the contestants could win a million dollars if they stay married for a year doesn't effect the way I vote now. It's funny to think that Lisa and Robert could attempt a marriage, but I think a lot of people vote for him because his dates are so entertaining. People want him to stay in the competition so they can see clips from his date and so they can hear Laura yell at him, I think it adds a little something extra to the show. I don't care if Lisa and Robert get married, I just think he's entertaining.
    Val

"Well time slips away/And leaves you with nothin' Mister/But boring stories of/Glory Days, Well they'll pass you by/Glory Days, In the wink of a young girl's eye/Glory Days, Glory Days..."~The Boss

" Someone once said that dancers work just as hard as policeman, always alert, always tense, but see, policeman don't have to be beautiful at the same time." ~George Balanchine

"Great dancers are not great because of their technique; they are great because of their passion." ~Martha Graham

This is really a sick show. She gets a million $ if she stays married to one of these guys for a year - what does the guy get? Why is she on here? Could she stand to be married to Robert the weirdo, Mr. ugly and obnoxious Joe, the boring Ken doll, or Renda the Peter-Pan? It would be tough to live in the same house with one of these guys for a year (especially Robert and Joe).

The other three - Hank the hunk, pretty Evan the playboy, and Dominic the cutie-pie would be easier, but still . . . Even when couples are in love, living together is difficult.

America could doom her to a year of living in hell with someone she doesn't even like, let alone love. She must really want/need a $1 million or is desperate for her 15 min. of fame. If she really is in it to find love, then she's a nut case.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast