+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's the right guy for Lisa?

MJ - I am so picking up what you are throwing down!

I just cannot, I repeat *cannot*, have any sympathy or feel regret for a fairy princess wannabe who chooses to find a mate this way.

High standards? Pffft...

Snce when does America have high standards?

All you hear from Lisa and her friends is what she wants out of this "relationship", there is no evidence that she has reached a level of perfection herself, yet she seems to expect that in the guys.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    Robert is definitely the best guy for Lisa.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

Is Lisa's friends married? Because they sure talk like they know what's going on, but if I was married to the BIG MOUTH (the one on Lisa's right) I'd go nuts. And every time either of them say something bad about the guys you can tell Lisa wants to say something to them but hesitates. Oh how I wish I was a fly on Lisa's wall (to know which guy she wants)

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by BBfan
    Is Lisa's friends married? Because they sure talk like they know what's going on, but if I was married to the BIG MOUTH (the one on Lisa's right) I'd go nuts. And every time either of them say something bad about the guys you can tell Lisa wants to say something to them but hesitates. Oh how I wish I was a fly on Lisa's wall (to know which guy she wants)
    Hell - we don't care who she WANTS - she's gonna get ROBERT - that's who she and her evil friends deserve - lol

A woman of substance WildThymeWoman's Avatar

Clueless...

Quote Originally Posted by BBfan
    Well I don't know about that. I think Lisa is fed up to her neck with meeting total losers. She wants to get married before she turns into an old maid and why not do it this way. You can see she was very disturbed when Paul got the ax. She was hoping America would really get down to it and find the right guy and not make a joke of it. She looked confused. Her standards are so high it's extremely hard to find the right person in this day and age.
    "Old Maid"??? What century are you from?

I can't believe the posts on this thread....Do you really think Lisa went on this show to find a husband? Please - get a clue - she was probably approached by the network or from Simcow to participate in this ridiculous show (brain fart by Simon Cowell).

She probably was talked into it and then brought along her two friends - one (Laura) that obviously has issues about men (this girl needs some therapy). In Laura's defense, even if she wanted to tone down her hostility - she probably has Simon egging her on...

As for the contestants:
    Joe has a girlfriend back home who didn't even know he was going to be on the show (see posts by Wild Thing)

Robert is a publicity whore - he has been on every reality dating program that will take him - plus he is just creepy.

If I were Ken, I would remove myself from the show. Anyone with any self-respect would....

The rest I believe just made a huge mistake by agreeing to participate in this stupid show....
    Well-Behaved Women Rarely Make History
    -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by WildThymeWoman
    "Old Maid"??? What century are you from?

I can't believe the posts on this thread....Do you really think Lisa went on this show to find a husband? Please - get a clue - she was probably approached by the network or from Simcow to participate in this ridiculous show (brain fart by Simon Cowell).

She probably was talked into it and then brought along her two friends - one (Laura) that obviously has issues about men (this girl needs some therapy). In Laura's defense, even if she wanted to tone down her hostility - she probably has Simon egging her on...

As for the contestants:
    Joe has a girlfriend back home who didn't even know he was going to be on the show (see posts by Wild Thing)

Robert is a publicity whore - he has been on every reality dating program that will take him - plus he is just creepy.

If I were Ken, I would remove myself from the show. Anyone with any self-respect would....

The rest I believe just made a huge mistake by agreeing to participate in this stupid show....
    And who knows where the guys came from? The last guys in the California audition (including Evan) didn't even appear in front of the women. Maybe some of the 10 who ended up on the show were also approached by the producers....

FORT Regular
    I've gotta go with Robert on this one as well. If she's tired of losers, it's her own fault for picking him when he shouldn't have even made it past the first episode. She was harping on him about being too much about physical attraction, but it's quite obvious there's never been anything between them but that. I'm not even convinced he is attracted to her, though.

I have to wonder how high her standards really are as well. It seems to be a competition to find a trophy for a year. The only guy remaining who's ugly is Joe, but the balance range from attractive to model-types.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane
    I have to wonder how high her standards really are as well. It seems to be a competition to find a trophy for a year. The only guy remaining who's ugly is Joe, but the balance range from attractive to model-types.

You know, there are sociological studies that show that people who are about as good-looking end up together. Lisa is beautiful--a bit bland in personality--but physically very beautiful. She's not going to end up with a guy who isn't at least pretty good looking. It isn't shallow of her to be attracted to men who are good looking. You're attracted to women who are good looking, aren't you?

Escaping my own reality!
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    You know, there are sociological studies that show that people who are about as good-looking end up together. Lisa is beautiful--a bit bland in personality--but physically very beautiful. She's not going to end up with a guy who isn't at least pretty good looking. It isn't shallow of her to be attracted to men who are good looking.
    I agree completely, I've heard this as well. Or as my husband would say, "Joe is batting out of his league." I think the rest of the suitors, whether they are compatible with Lisa or not, are batting in the same league

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast