Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: America purposely voting for Robert?

FORT Newbie

Moving in an increasingly disturbing direction

"b_tch friends"?
    "cry ho's cry"?
    "w_ore"?

Wow. Charming.

Did you see the last episode? Lisa was genuinely upset about Paul leaving. Does it really give you that much pleasure to cause "a ho" pain.

What about the poor kids that had to watch Robert and Ken?

Robert taught them a creepy way to force somewhen to kiss you against their will, and Ken..man, I don't know what lessons these poor children will take away from that sorry display.

Are you all so powerless in your own lives to address your feelings of anger and inadequacy that you need to use a telephone voting system for a reality romance show?

ummmmm....yes? LOL

Let's get it straight...TV show, entertainment value, voluntary, monetary prize for marriage, non-respectful critiques, choice of friends, choice of suitors, lame tests and tasks...

...Did Simon really think this one out? How fun for us to give to the panel of shallow, two faced, hypocritical holes a taste of their own medicine? Could we get better TV then this? It's no fun to make it perfect for them...there is a million at stake here, they should at least earn it, shouldn't they?

I watched this show for the first time yesterday and was so appalled

The whole premise of this show is so obnoxious it's embarrassing. And Lisa does not look 25 - more like 33 - lose the makeup girl. She does have the Cortney Cox look about her but in a bland way. As for her friends, they look like over-tanned monsters fit for Jerry Springer.

All in all, this show deserves a taste of its own medicine. I will be voting for the most hideous guy, b/c that's what I think Lisa deserves for being on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by marvine
    All in all, this show deserves a taste of its own medicine. I will be voting for the most hideous guy, b/c that's what I think Lisa deserves for being on this show.
    Well said, I agree!

The thing that I hate the most is that this show is making a mockery of marriage... allowing America to choose for two people who don't know each other to get married and to stay married for a year in order to win a million dollars!!???

You'd think with all the politcal talk nowadays about marriage being this sacred thing that needs to be "defended" against certain groups of people, why isn't there more outrage over this show?

Quote Originally Posted by to-tix
    "b_tch friends"?
    "cry ho's cry"?
    "w_ore"?

Wow. Charming.

Did you see the last episode? Lisa was genuinely upset about Paul leaving. Does it really give you that much pleasure to cause "a ho" pain.

Are you all so powerless in your own lives to address your feelings of anger and inadequacy that you need to use a telephone voting system for a reality romance show?
    Yes. Yes it does me bring me pleasure. Lisa is a dullard and a spoiled princess. Plus, this is a - wait for it - TV SHOW! Unhappy events equal excitement. My enjoyment of the show increases exponentially with each iota of Lisa's misery.

Am I powerless in my own life? Maybe. But fortunately for me and the rest of the audience, that is irrelevant. We get to chose and Lisa will have to like it or give up the million.

Life's a bitch like that sometimes.

Ever wonder if CBS rigs it? If Robert wins chances are she won't marry him and then CBS doesn't have to shell out a million bucks. CBS ends up the big winner there....ratings and no payout.

Quote Originally Posted by kara88
    Ever wonder if CBS rigs it? If Robert wins chances are she won't marry him and then CBS doesn't have to shell out a million bucks. CBS ends up the big winner there....ratings and no payout.
    Fabulous point Kara! Is that what all you angry posters want?? CBS making all the money??

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    I MUST say it again. She and her friends chose the final 10 men. They did this knowing that any one of them could win. Why she chose to put Robert through (and she did that after the "arm grabbing" and "top untying" incidents, no?) I don't know. But that's a choice she'll have to live with.

Trying to win money on a reality show is fine, good luck to you. But trying to win money and MAKE America give you the perfect husband at the same time is just plain GREED. Let's stop the pity party for Lisa, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by kara88
    I totally agree and thought about that myself. Could be another twist to the show. I think they need a few twists to make it a little more dramatic.

FORT Fan
    well considering the whole point of this show is to eliminate men one by one, pain was unavoidable.

What about the poor kids that had to watch Robert and Ken?
    what about the poor kids who had to interact with Lisa? I've seen wild hyenas take more interest in their young than Lisa took with any of the children.

Robert taught them a creepy way to force somewhen to kiss you against their will, and Ken..man, I don't know what lessons these poor children will take away from that sorry display.
    well i can say with surety that one lesson they have learned is that it's okay to use children as props and to put them into compromising situations for the sake of entertainment.

way to project your own insecurities on those of your fellow posters. we didn't create this show, and we didn't choose to allow robert to participate. deriving amusement from the trainwreck that this show is rapibdly becoming doesn't mean the audience is angry or insecure, it only means that we have a healthy sense of irony that the show's participants and producers should have taken into account before going into production.

Closed Thread