Closed Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: America purposely voting for Robert?

Quote Originally Posted by surprise twist
    Uh... this is a TV show i.e. entertainment.

Do you think the girlfriends are ashamed of themselves for rejecting potential suitors with the maximum amount of humiliation possible? No? Why is that? Because they knew that would be more entertaining for us maybe?

How about when the producers set up the voting premise in the first place? Lisa's best interest, or........ more entertaining for us?
    That's right. It's entertaining to watch the bad dates. I'd rather see something dysfunctional than something that's so well-done and predictable. I don't think it's a good idea to put the choice of your future husband in the hands of TV viewers who probably care mostly about the entertainment value.

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo
    Robert is well known. Look at his web site and the accomplishments: http://www.robertamstler.com That is helping him (I think).
    Wow. He sure is buff. But buff isn't everything.

I guess it would be uncomfortable to be approached by a pan handler. I wonder if a street hustler is any different.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    Do you seriously think that many New Yorkers would vote for Renda?
    I have always found it uncomfortable to be approached by a strange pan handler on the streets. I never remotely considered calling in a vote anywhere for one of them.
    I'm thinking he knows people in New York who would vote for him because they know him. Apparently he has another profession besides street hustling--ticket brokering or something like that (like the "Who Needs Two" agency in Chicgo)--and has a lot of people who work for him and who would undoubtedly vote for him. So I do think it hurt him (and especially Paul) to have these votes unavailable to them because of those damned Yankees!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    .....because they have said rude things doesn't justify the irresponsible voting of the public. It's like most of the posters on this thread have some weird revenge goal. Like you've all been shot down at one time or another and, having hated that, you resent mostly Laura but also Kimberly for how harsh they've been and because Lisa has them for friends, Lisa must be completely responsible for anything Laura says and SO voting for Robert is the best revenge on all the bad girls who've shot you down. Well. That's real logical.
    The public has no responsibility here whatsoever - were we carefully screened for this task? No. Are we being paid to choose a man for Lisa? No. Did we sign a contract? No. You seem to think we were sworn in like a jury. We're just sittin' here watchin' TV, for God's sake.

And, uh, I'm not a guy - so no, I'm not trying to get revenge for all the bad girls who have shot me down.

Nope, I just want to be entertained, and Robert is entertaining. Why is that concept so hard to grasp? It's just a TV show.

FORT Newbie

I am voting for ROBERT everytime!!!!!!

I am voting for Robert purposely, not to make a mochary of marriage, but because of the way those bit*hes have treated all of these strangers. They have been nothing but cruel if you ask me. If Lisa is really looking for true love as she says, then if Robert is Americas choice, I'll find it interesting to know if she actually marries Robert!!! Wouldnt you like to know..Anyways why should she get the man of her dreams AND the money! Make her work for it

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    I agree that the "talking to" wasn't a great thing, but don't you feel some obligation to help the situation go right?? What if next week Hank was voted off, but really Lisa and Hank are destined for each other? How bad would that be?
    My theory is, if HANK IS VOTED OFF AND THEY ARE TRUELY IN LOVE then Lisa will not marry the man america has chosen for her, she'll give up the money. and marry hank. BUT>>>>>> that wont happen because it truely is all about the money.

Please remember to keep all discussion of tonight's show in the Show Discussion thread ONLY until after midnight Eastern. Thanks!

Closed until tomorrow morning, since people can't keep from posting here.

Closed Thread