Closed Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: America purposely voting for Robert?

FORT Fogey
    Another point:

If you think this program is farcical and making a mockery of marriage, do not watch it. Do not vote, and do not watch it. Do not support the companies who advertise during it. For every vote, CBS is getting the message that you actually enjoy this show, the premise, and the participants (regardless of who you vote for).

I totally agree that Lisa is very foolish to leave the decision of who she will marry in the hands of her fellow countrymen.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    It's terrible. Spite isn't good. It isn't. It's hardly something to aspire to.

And the folks hoping that Lisa will be a huge hypocrit and start acting like she's big on Robert b/c she wants the $$, that's not going to happen. She'll just end up rejecting him in the end and the show will end with a big loud depressing thud. Why not help the audience enjoy the ending more by voting for someone she might say yes to?
    I totally agree with you.

Spite is not a good way to deal with the situation. Spite is what people like Laura condone. I, for one, detest the way she tells Robert she hates him week after week.

Robert is such a bore. Such a self-involved ultra sensitive bore but he is painful to watch. I don't see what the fun is in voting for him. This is all a sham and a scam anyway. Why put this guy through any more misery?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    I totally agree with you.
    Robert is such a bore. Such a self-involved ultra sensitive bore but he is painful to watch. I don't see what the fun is in voting for him. This is all a sham and a scam anyway. Why put this guy through any more misery?

We just don't really get to see the real "robert". Imagine what you would be like if you were made fun of in front of millions of people? I'm sure his contract won't let him leave either.

I feel really sorry for him, because you can tell he just doesn't want to be there anymore.

Robert said that he is doing this to win Lisa only. It is not about the show.

Don't pity Robert just vote Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasant56
    We just don't really get to see the real "robert". Imagine what you would be like if you were made fun of in front of millions of people? I'm sure his contract won't let him leave either.

I feel really sorry for him, because you can tell he just doesn't want to be there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    I don't watch Cupid because it is a stupid show. But after reading this thread, I feel like I must vote for Robert.
    I, too, after reading this thread, feel the need to vote Robert - even though I never watch the show (with good reason). Give me the number to dial and I'll dial away.
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70
    If you think this program is farcical and making a mockery of marriage, do not watch it. Do not vote, and do not watch it. Do not support the companies who advertise during it. For every vote, CBS is getting the message that you actually enjoy this show, the premise, and the participants (regardless of who you vote for).
    Or maybe not. ITA to above quote.

Be a sport and vote for Robert. You will have to watch at least the last ten minutes of the show to get Robert's number or you can vote online or AT&T cell phone customers can vote by text message. You only have two hours after the show ends to vote. You can vote for Robert as many times as you want. His phone number changes weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    I, too, after reading this thread, feel the need to vote Robert - even though I never watch the show (with good reason). Give me the number to dial and I'll dial away.

Or maybe not. ITA to above quote.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    Why not help the audience enjoy the ending more by voting for someone she might say yes to?
    I think a certain percentage of the audience does enjoy robert just because it's entertaining to watch his dates(as bad as they are). Personally i think the best situation for this show would be to have a final between Robert and Hank(sort of the bad choice vs the good choice), wouldn't that be the ultiment showdown?

Mabye people are voting for Robert because he seems to love Lisa the most. For the other guys it's like their trying to win a competition, but Robert seems to be truly smitten with Lisa.

So, what's so bad about voting for Rob? Maybe America is rooting for the underdog. Sure, Robert has done some awkward things with Lisa, but he's been battling against Lisa's wicked step-sisters the whole way, taking tons of heat, yet he still clings to the notion that he can win Lisa's heart.

As far as being cruel to Lisa, well, isn't the whole premise of this show based on cruelty? When the suitors auditioned for Lisa, she and her friends seemed to take great delight in rejecting and ridiculing them. Even though a simple "no thank you" would have sufficed, Laura et al. had to grandstand and make sure these guys left feeling like crap. Some have said something about bad karma, well, I think Lisa's situation here is a good example of how karma works, and now she's on the recieving end.

I can't even watch this show anymore because I can't stand Laura when she's in front of the audience, wagging her head back and forth whenever she speaks, like she's on Jerry Spiringer or something.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    As far as being cruel to Lisa, well, isn't the whole premise of this show based on cruelty? When the suitors auditioned for Lisa, she and her friends seemed to take great delight in rejecting and ridiculing them. Even though a simple "no thank you" would have sufficed, Laura et al. had to grandstand and make sure these guys left feeling like crap. Some have said something about bad karma, well, I think Lisa's situation here is a good example of how karma works, and now she's on the recieving end.
    Good point.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    So, what's so bad about voting for Rob? Maybe America is rooting for the underdog. Sure, Robert has done some awkward things with Lisa, but he's been battling against Lisa's wicked step-sisters the whole way, taking tons of heat, yet he still clings to the notion that he can win Lisa's heart.
    I never really looked at it that way either, great point. For all of us who "loved" some girl but had no chance in hell, Robert gives us hope and we could vote him on. Funny how some guy who looks like a greakgod is the "loser" of the bunch.

Closed Thread