Closed Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: America purposely voting for Robert?

FORT Newbie
    I am voting for Robert (it is either him or Joe) for few reasons:

1. I don't see why would some idlerer got the money I need to work for without a work (talking about Lisa) having a rotweiler and a poodle insulting people they do not know.

2. The idea of insulting immigrants that is creeping in few times (go back to Austria, I am ashamed to live in the same country as you ...) is so utterly disgusting to me.

(It was hard to understand why was that guy Ken there, who was a heck of a catch it would appear.)

I am having a tough time whom to choose for this bore of a girl. I did vote for Joe too since I am listening Laura giving him so many compliments I think she needs to date him herself. I am sure Joe is a wet dream of every girl.

Know what, I am going to vote for both.

0The greatest climax of this show is going to come with who wins. You see, whoever makes it to the final day asks Lisa to marry him and if Lisa says yes than they get married right on the show and if they stay married for one year than they get a million bucks. I want to see how bad she wants the money, if she doesn't get married than she gets no money. If it is Robert and she marries him, now that would be great TV.
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    I don't watch Cupid because it is a stupid show. But after reading this thread, I feel like I must vote for Robert.
    I watch the show every week but never voted. Reading this thread has changed my views as well. Next week (and every week thereafter) I will vote for Robert.

What kind of person would go on television to meet a husband and select men that she does not like for the voting process? Lisa and her friends have more issues than Robert. At least Robert came on the show because he liked her and really wants to marry her. Other rejected suitors have admitted that they did not want to marry Lisa and she is not their type.

I will continue to vote for Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by levi_d
    All the campaign workers in the world aren't going to help Robert. You may get votes (God, I hope not) but he's definitely not going to get her to fall for him. He's an oddball who's kinda creepy with his clinginess and that date tonight was definitely a new level of creepiness. Voting for him is just wrong. This isn't American Idol where even if your favorite can't sing, you still vote for him/her. This is marriage, and there's no compatability there. There are other guys who deserve to be there, but Ken and Robert don't. They're not Lisa material. Whether you think she's boring (I don't, but that's your opinion) or not, show a little respect by not blatantly going against her wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by stebo
    If it is Robert and she marries him, now that would be great TV.

Although she'll probably spoil our fun by making it appear that she's had a change of heart and likes him.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by dukeX4ofearl
    I watch the show every week but never voted. Reading this thread has changed my views as well. Next week (and every week thereafter) I will vote for Robert.

I think a lot of people are starting to feel the same way. I think I looked at the show maybe ten minutes once because I got the quick feeling that the show was just going to be another boring attempt at match making. But when I heard on tv that people where voting for a guy that she doesn't like just out of spite, now that's funny and reality entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrock
    I think a lot of people are starting to feel the same way. I think I looked at the show maybe ten minutes once because I got the quick feeling that the show was just going to be another boring attempt at match making. But when I heard on tv that people where voting for a guy that she doesn't like just out of spite, now that's funny and reality entertainment.

It's terrible. Spite isn't good. It isn't. It's hardly something to aspire to.

And the folks hoping that Lisa will be a huge hypocrit and start acting like she's big on Robert b/c she wants the $$, that's not going to happen. She'll just end up rejecting him in the end and the show will end with a big loud depressing thud. Why not help the audience enjoy the ending more by voting for someone she might say yes to?

Vote for America ... By Voting for Robert

So there is a lot of pushing and pulling going on these boards (and others) on whether or not to keep voting for Robert as a block. Those against seem to think that it is not 'fair' to Lisa to keep Robert (who they claim she does not like) on the show. Many have expressed their concerns that Lisa 'deserves' to date the guys she likes.

Does she? What does Lisa deserve that Wonderjeb and every other American doesn't? She deserves the man of her dreams? Well, ok..than why would she leave that choice in the hands of others whom:

do not know her.
    do not care about her.
    and are simply looking to be entertained by reality television.

Wouldn't you want to make the choice of something so important like marriage yourself? She might as well have moved to India and had an arranged marriage.

She deserves a $1,000,000 "prize" for getting married? I didn't get a prize.. in fact, I am still paying the whole event off.

So in my opinion, Lisa deserves nothing. I deserve nothing. You deserve nothing.. And for all of you who believe that it is our duty to make Lisa happy .. you need to take a class called, "The World Owes You Nothing 101" - I will be your instructor.

So, I think that Robert is an entertaining character. I think that Lisa's dates with Robert are hilarious. I watch TV for entertainment. Robert and Lisa are on TV. I think that Hank, Dominick, and Joe are pretty boring. I think that Lisa is pretty boring too. So the key factor for entertainment on this television program is Robert. If Robert is voted off, I could really give a crap which one of those phoney 'face' guys wins.

Do I care about finding the best husband for Lisa? No, not at all? Why should I? What has she done for me? What has she done that would make me care about her? I do not even think she is an endearing tv personality... how scary was she with all of those kids? She did not even talk to them!

I say, if you want to put a monumental life decision, marriage, into the hands of TV viewers.. than you get what you asked for.

What I do not understand is all these people calling me and others in the P.F.R. (people for Robert) names like "cruel," "spiteful," and "disgusting."

Why are you trying to supress my rights to free speech and the right to vote? These are fundamental rights that the United States of America holds dear! Our fore fathers fought many bloody wars to obtain and protect these freedoms.

Hearing those telling me to not vote for Robert reminds me of life in a Communist police state. Why don't you all move to North Korea where you can become storm troopers and make those who support Robert "disappear." Why don't you put a giant fence around your borders that are patrolled with armed guards to keep YOUR people IN.

I welcome others opinions in all facets of life, including the television show cupid. I can appreciate your thoughts and your thoughts on my thoughts.. but I am not going to sit on this board and listen to you talk down about the United States of America!!

So as a patriotic American, I feel it is my duty to vote for Robert to protect my right to do so. If we are kept from voting for Robert what is next? - State controlled Press? Government ownership of business? Being presumed guilty until proven innocent?

God Bless America, and Vote for Robert!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderjeb
    So, I think that Robert is an entertaining character. I think that Lisa's dates with Robert are hilarious. I watch TV for entertainment. Robert and Lisa are on TV. I think that Hank, Dominick, and Joe are pretty boring. I think that Lisa is pretty boring too. So the key factor for entertainment on this television program is Robert. If Robert is voted off, I could really give a crap which one of those phoney 'face' guys wins.
    My thoughts exactly. Great post!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderjeb
    Why are you trying to supress my rights to free speech and the right to vote? These are fundamental rights that the United States of America holds dear!
    We aren't denying your right to free speech, just commenting on what you are saying. Ironically, it appears that you feel that our free speech is somehow un-American...

Also, the last I checked, the United States was predicated on the principle of one vote per person...

How many times did you vote for Robert last week?

Closed Thread