+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Newbie
    I can barely watch Robert's dates with Lisa. I'm so embarrassed for him and Ken.

Yeah, I couldn't watch either Robert's or Ken's dates last night..I switched to Shania Twain. Maybe Cupid ought to drop the bottom 2 and take care of Ken and Robert in one fell swoop.

First time I watched this show, and what my first thoughts are: it is quite possible that some evil minds are voting for those guys that Lisa does not like, just to "show" her snaketongued friends (and Simon). Second I am not sure if people who really would vote for the "right" guy(s) are voting in the first place (how many of you pick up the phone?). I am not, too much trouble for me. Probably mostly the people who just want to vote the wrong guys to continue are motivated to vote. So, this show really is not working out at all. Poor Lisa. But then again, why go for something like this, in a bar she would have had a better chance (it looks like). She only needs to endure Robert/Ken for a year to win one million dollars, not that long time really. (I can not really tell what Robert or Ken are like just based on this show either, all I know is Lisa does not like them.)

Edit: Oh, and that silly task they had to perform to show they are good fathers... Please, those were not their own kids, all that little piece showed was whether they would be good teachers to other peoples kids or not. One does not know what it is like or how one behaves around own kids or even how much you can love kids until you actually have your own kids. Bad choice of tasks, and then the girls go griping about it. People change when they have their own kids, some of those guys might have never had to deal with kids before (especially their own). Having kids is a learning process, people are not parents before they are parents. And you are never "ready" to have kids, no matter how you think you are prepared and all for 'lets have kids now', it will hit you by a surprise.
    Last edited by Tirlittan; 08-20-2003 at 08:08 AM.

FORT Newbie
    What do I care if Lisa ends up happy? BOO HOO if she gets Robert, she'll be crying all the way to the bank with her $1 million.

It's funnier if she gets some jacko like Ken or Robert than Hank or some dumb all-american boring guy. she wants to be on the show and let america chose her husband I'm gonna vote for the guy who gives me the most entertainment value.

What I don't get is why people even care about her happiness? her annoying friends what to screech about how dumb america is for letting robert or ken stay, I'm gonna do my democratic duty and send them a warm cup of shut-the-f*** up.!

Everyone--do the moral thing. Vote for everyone, except Robert for a while to get him out of there and give Lisa a stinking break. Then just vote for the person who's best for Lisa.

I can't believe the tone of some of the messages I've read in the Cupid forum. Is it one extremely mean spirited person who's registered here at FORT under 4 or 5 different names?

Give Lisa a break. Vote for people who really are pretty good for her.

What did Lisa think was going to happen if she let America pick her a hubby? This is a reality show, and the last time any of us expected to see anything approximating reality on such a show was back around, oh, the first Real World. This is entertainment. And Robert, much as he gives me the creeps, is good entertainment. I wouldn't wish him on my worst enemy as a date, but watching Lisa endure him is hilarious. And remember, she's the one who picked him for the show. She may have screwed herself.

FORT Fanatic
    What really scared me about the show testing these fellas if they would be good dads.... was Lisa's behavior.

First off - these kids were not these men's kids. You can't 'parent' kids who aren't your own.

Next... bashing on Dominic because he doesn't want to be a father right now. Hello???? I think Dominic is the wise one to want to wait a bit to have children. Lisa is ready to have children NOW. Is she looking for a life mate and husband or a sperm-doner?? Dominic has it right - be wise to get to know the person you are married to before you decide to have children.

And considering Lisa's interaction with these children...she is terribly uncomfortable around kids. She was scared, nervous and barely talked to the kids.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    I'm tired of hearing Lisa say "I guess I wasn't clear about who I like...." The voters don't really care about her desires, and I don't think they should. If we, the voting viewing public, have to choose the guy Lisa wants, then why give us the power to vote for it? If you hand over your choices to idiots, you will get idiotic choices. Don't get mad at the idiot though.

Let me say again, I think she and Hank could have a shot at a lasting marriage. But I think it would be very interesting to see Lisa's decision if Robert wins. Does she spend a year with this goon to get a million dollars? Actually, if Robert wins, they should give her the choice to choose one of the losers and forfeit the money. Let's see what Lisa's true motivation really is.

I am surprising myself now, but in my opinion 'Married By America' was a better show in choosing a spouse. At least those folks lived for a while together 24/7, and had some professional judges there deciding who could have a chance of a lasting relationship. As lunatic as Married By America was, Cupid takes it a step further, by letting people vote till the end. Not expecting good results here.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    Give Lisa a break. Vote for people who really are pretty good for her.
    Uh... she went on a TV show to find her husband, and she didn't even make it a show where she got to choose him. Considering the odds of success -- so far, not one of the "dating/marriage minded shows" has ended in a marriage, and only two of the relationships of these shows even look promising (Andrew/Jen and Ryan/Trista) -- she's batting pretty darn close to zero that she'll even find someone she wants to see for a year, let alone actually marry.

While I did vote for the nice guy, I remember wanting the nice girl to "win" in Joe Millionaire. Zora was too nice for Evan Marriott, and while I'm thrilled she got the money, I still feel bad she had to go through that farce of a show.

The truth is even the best guy on there won't "win" if he ends up with Lisa, who is pretty bland, and doesn't seem to be that great a catch. Yes she's very attractive, and she seems to be talented as well, but her friends are fiends and they're definitely an indication of some part of her character. This is not a good sign.

Also, I'd vote Robert off, if just to spare him their snide comments. Yeah, he's pretty stalkerish, and quite frankly, annoying, with the funky outfit and the gag with the kids, but to be continually torn apart by these harpies? sheesh.

Anyway, how is it moral to stick some nice guy with this woman?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast