+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8/12 show discussion: *SPOILERS*

FORT Newbie
    Exactly..that is what is happening..people are voting for Robert for the same reason they slow down to gawk at an accident. They want him to stick around because they know they will be emtertained every week.

FORT Regular
    I thought that Lisa's date with Hank was the most romantic. They acted like a couple starting to fall for each other - sweet but you could tell the chemistry was there. I really like Hank for not pushing Lisa but that date I think is the beginning of more passionate dates between these two. Just watch.

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    I thought the dates with Ken and Robert were hilarious! But, at least they tried, and that's what counts.

Though, I think Robert's sense of what's in for fashion was hot...in 1987...

I feel for Lisa, but eventually people voting in her interest will overpower the people voting for Robert for fun. Everytime someone is kicked out, the people voting for that person start voting for someone else. It's just like on American Idol. There was a huge group voting for Carmen but as the votes became more concentrated the Carmen voters weren't enough to keep Carmen in. Eventually, Robert won't have the following and he'll get the boot.

Go Hank.

Lurky McLurkington
    In the glittery & glamorous city of Chicago
    I'm all for Hank!! I think he's awesome, and Paul actually suprised me this week, I thought he did really well, and as Lisa said, he came off as less of a player. I just feel SO BAD for Robert!! I mean, if what he says is true, and he is falling for Lisa, it must be heart breaking to have to listen to Laura's comments. I just feel sooo awful for him. I think he seriously is trying his best, we just don't get it as Americans. I don't want him to stay around and I don't necessarily like him as a person, I just feel bad that he has to ensure such bald faced criticisms for what he thinks is right.

A woman of substance WildThymeWoman's Avatar

The underdog gets the vote....

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    I feel for Lisa, but eventually people voting in her interest will overpower the people voting for Robert for fun. Everytime someone is kicked out, the people voting for that person start voting for someone else. It's just like on American Idol. There was a huge group voting for Carmen but as the votes became more concentrated the Carmen voters weren't enough to keep Carmen in. Eventually, Robert won't have the following and he'll get the boot.

Go Hank.
    The public will stop voting for Robert when Lisa's friends (especially Laura?) stop picking on him. The same thing also happened on American Idol when Simon kept picking on Josh. Simon backed way off the next week and so did Josh's votes.

The audience (American, anyway) always roots for the underdog. It's predictable.
    Well-Behaved Women Rarely Make History
    -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12