+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did anyone else notice?

in banana world

Did anyone else notice?

Ok, did anyone else noticed how they totally ripped off "Fame" from NBC by how they showed which guy is eliminated? They have the two with the lowest votes up front, then they put on the suspense music, they repeat both their names, wait some more time for more suspense, and then they say: "(instert name here) america wants you to stay" or something along those lines.
    I thought that was a bad way to do it. They must have known that's how it was done in Fame.

Basically, it's the same way they eliminate the contestants on "American Idol". And since "Cupid" is from Simon Cowell of "AI", and since "AI" was first, it sounds like "Fame" is the show that could be accused of being the rip-off.

in banana world
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Basically, it's the same way they eliminate the contestants on "American Idol". And since "Cupid" is from Simon Cowell of "AI", and since "AI" was first, it sounds like "Fame" is the show that could be accused of being the rip-off.
    Oh, oK. I didn't know that since I've never watched AI. But it makes more sense now. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread