+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Was anyone else surprised to see Rob leave?

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar

Was anyone else surprised to see Rob leave?

I admit, I was kind of surprised.

I was even MORE surprised that ROBERT stayed for another date!

Anyone else feel the way I feel about this?

FORT Fanatic
    Ya know what I think?

I think this was simply an unfortunate case of the voters getting the two Roberts mixed up.

There is no way that Robert (model-body builder) should be staying. Did you see his face on the opening last night? I think even HE thought he was history. He must know an awful lot of people whom he conned into voting for him.

I am with you, they had to have gotten the two mixed up. That guy is a complete moron! Did you see her face when he was singing to her in the bowling alley. I have to hand it to her, she handled it great. I would have busted out laughing and would have had to roll my self out of the bowling alley.

That was the only way I could explain it. Either that or CBS wants to keep some losers in there to make things interesting. Remember, with all these "audience participation" voting shows the network can manipulate the votes any way they want to.

I thought maybe the Robert's got mixed up also. Poor Lisa will now have to endure another of his dates.

For the love of god, I wish someone would put poor Lisa out of her misery. Rob has to be on of the most boring people on the face of this earth!
    I admit, I've always been a Robert fan, but after the torture he put her through.. I just want to scream at him saying, GOOD GOD!!!!!! Do you really understand the concept of dating?! I mean this is a lady who didn't have to let him through to the top 10 but was generous enough to do so anyway, and look how he repays her, being an awful date!
    And to add to his poor conversation skills, he sings just about as bad as Kimberley looks!
    ~*Tennessee Sweetheart*~

I also think that people got the two Roberts mixed up.

Another possible explanation is that Rob just didn't make much of an impression -- neither good (Hank, Dominic) nor bad (Robert, Ken). I couldn't even remember his date with Lisa, and had to look at the recaps to even vaguely remember it.

Like "American Idol", the worst singers aren't always the first to go. People vote for so many different reasons -- they think someone's cute, or has a good personality, or has some other entertainment value (even if it's of a negative quality) -- that not making a strong impression one way or the other can spell your doom sooner than less deserving contestants.

But after this week, if neither Robert, Ken or Scott get the boot, I'm really going to have to wonder about this show.

Quote Originally Posted by aifan4life
    And to add to his poor conversation skills, he sings just about as bad as Kimberley looks!

That slam on Kimberley was really uncalled for.

LAGuy--I agree with you. there could have been a mixup, but like on AI, there's this segment of the invested voting population who will vote for the worst person to save them. Robert A's dates with Lisa aren't weak or dull, they're a horrid nightmare. I think that there are people, with phones, who think that they are doing Robert A a favor by "saving" him. Of course, this isn't American Idol where another chance to sing a song might be warranted. People voting to save a disaster dater are screwing around with Lisa and putting their poor shlub who needs saving through further humiliation.

If I were Lisa, I would think that Robert isn't completely well. It is beyond me how she didn't see it when she was cutting 20 down to 10. He is really low on social skills. Honestly, there are very mild forms of autism where the person has real trouble with social cues; he could have that but it's never been diagnosed b/c he gets away with social mistakes because he's so good looking.

FORT Newbie
    overthetop - i never thought of it like that, but now you mention that, I think some sort of mental problem would really explain a lot...its one thing to have an accent and not understand English - its quite another to be completely oblivious to everything that goes on

+ Reply to Thread