+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Professions

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Question about Professions

What happened to normal jobs? Maybe I'm old fashioned but does anyone do a job that adds some benefits to society? Let's run down the list:

Scott: Corporate Strategist (What is this?)
    Robert: Fitness Model (give me a break)
    Dominic: Student (good so far) studying Entrepreneurship (first of all, not a word I can find in the dictionary, second I know a number of people who have successful businesses and they didn't go to college to do it. Also, he says he wants to own his own business. Just any business? Way to focus)
    Ken: Options Trader (don't know what he does, other than make money)
    Hank: See above (and I really like this guy)
    Evan: Girls Volleyball Coach (okay, at least he's giving something back)
    Rob: Sales Representative (cars, major appliances, answers the phone for Miss Cleo? What?)
    Renda: Poet/Street Hustler (I'd be okay with poet, but I've said it before. Anyone with "hustler" in their job title should be avoided. Just an aside, the same rule applies to people with "pimp" in their job description.)
    Paul: Playwrite (but is he a successful playwrite? I'm a writer and a filmmaker, but I've never sold anything. So I do engineering on the side. Isn't Paul a professor also? If so, I do admire that)
    Joe: Real Estate Developer (funny, I just see greedy bastard when I read that)

What happened to mailmen, doctors, scientists, firemen? Does anyone have a "regular" job? Of course, maybe "regular" guys don't go on TV to meet women.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy
    What happened to normal jobs? Maybe I'm old fashioned but does anyone do a job that adds some benefits to society? Let's run down the list:

Scott: Corporate Strategist (What is this?)
    Robert: Fitness Model (give me a break)
    Dominic: Student (good so far) studying Entrepreneurship (first of all, not a word I can find in the dictionary, second I know a number of people who have successful businesses and they didn't go to college to do it. Also, he says he wants to own his own business. Just any business? Way to focus)
    Ken: Options Trader (don't know what he does, other than make money)
    Hank: See above (and I really like this guy)
    Evan: Girls Volleyball Coach (okay, at least he's giving something back)
    Rob: Sales Representative (cars, major appliances, answers the phone for Miss Cleo? What?)
    Renda: Poet/Street Hustler (I'd be okay with poet, but I've said it before. Anyone with "hustler" in their job title should be avoided. Just an aside, the same rule applies to people with "pimp" in their job description.)
    Paul: Playwrite (but is he a successful playwrite? I'm a writer and a filmmaker, but I've never sold anything. So I do engineering on the side. Isn't Paul a professor also? If so, I do admire that)
    Joe: Real Estate Developer (funny, I just see greedy bastard when I read that)

What happened to mailmen, doctors, scientists, firemen? Does anyone have a "regular" job? Of course, maybe "regular" guys don't go on TV to meet women.
    Your definition of "normal" is more than just a little narrow. You do engineering? Just engineering? What are you, a "landscape artist"? You see what I mean? Please, pass more instant judgement so I may be entertained.

FORT Newbie
    I know JOE.....he's not a real estate developer....maybe that sounded better than loan officer - that's what he really is....He's a LOAN OFFICER.

Think about it...anyone with a great career wouldn't take off of work for a month if not more to be on a dating show...none of those guys still on the show know when they're going home...they have to be in LA until they get voted off and then can return to their jobs back at home...

What job would be o.k with...I have to go out of town for a couple of wks, maybe more depending on when I get voted off

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by wild thing
    I know JOE.....he's not a real estate developer....maybe that sounded better than loan officer - that's what he really is....He's a LOAN OFFICER.

Think about it...anyone with a great career wouldn't take off of work for a month if not more to be on a dating show...none of those guys still on the show know when they're going home...they have to be in LA until they get voted off and then can return to their jobs back at home...

What job would be o.k with...I have to go out of town for a couple of wks, maybe more depending on when I get voted off

Wild Thing, you've been pretty vocal about your knowledge of Joe's background. I'm not doubting you, but since you're basically calling him a liar, it would be nice to have some corroborating posts or evidence.

Again, I'm not doubting you - in fact it makes for all the more entertaining viewing and discussion.
    to-tix

I feel the need to remind you that, in the elimination rounds of the first two episodes, there were tons of guys with more mainstream jobs, such as that one guy who is in the airforce, or that mail man that was kind of old for her.
    But they either got eliminated for being "too boring", or for not being good looking enough. Apparently Laura, Lisa, and Kimberly used some bad criteria to keep or boot a guy... Now look what they have: Robert (what a joke), Renda (please!), and Paul (there just is something fishy about him)...
    whereas they could have picked some of those guys with "boring" jobs and who knows? May be they would be better for Lisa in the end...

I do love Hank, though, and I think he should be the one to marry her.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by to-tix
    Wild Thing, you've been pretty vocal about your knowledge of Joe's background. I'm not doubting you, but since you're basically calling him a liar, it would be nice to have some corroborating posts or evidence.

Again, I'm not doubting you - in fact it makes for all the more entertaining viewing and discussion.
    to-tix

I've thought about that...there have been a lot of posters questioning whether I'm in fact really know JOE.

I don't know exactly what I could say/show ...I've thought of giving out his cell # or work #, e-mail address or something, don't know if I could get in trouble for that.... any ideas....

Could guys with real jobs take a couple of months off to be on a dating show? C'mon!

Quote Originally Posted by wild thing
    I've thought about that...there have been a lot of posters questioning whether I'm in fact really know JOE.

I don't know exactly what I could say/show ...I've thought of giving out his cell # or work #, e-mail address or something, don't know if I could get in trouble for that.... any ideas....
    What about some pictures of him from your friend? You don't have to show them together, for her privacy, but maybe of just him?
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

FORT Newbie

Picture

Quote Originally Posted by octobergirl
    What about some pictures of him from your friend? You don't have to show them together, for her privacy, but maybe of just him?

The only pictures I have are of them together.

Here's the best I could do....I had to conceal my friend's face out of the pic..so it's not the best. Hopefully attaching pic works...
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's great!

edited to add: Thanks!
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast