+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Robert - Suitor

FORT Regular
    Well, I think Robert is still on the show because he has a large group of people out there gleefully voting for him each week (not me...but read through the threads here and you'll see quite a few). It is pretty well known that he is an actor....whether he was somehow planted on the Cupid show, I don't know. I do suspect that he has help from somewhere planning his dates, because something bizarre happens on each and every one. The girls are who they say they are, not actresses....but I'm sure that they do have at least some lines fed to them...probably not all though.

FORT Fogey
    Robert is offically a model though he seems to have done some acting as well(he was a body double in T3 for instance). As for Robert never being in the final 2, there is a huge portion of fans that love robert. Personally for me if robert wasn't on this show i wouldn't watch.

Part of me things he is putting on an act and he is looking at this as his big break. If he is i must say he is doing a good job. He basically went from a joke to a very sympathetic character and is making it believable.

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    Robert is offically a model though he seems to have done some acting as well(he was a body double in T3 for instance). As for Robert never being in the final 2, there is a huge portion of fans that love robert. Personally for me if robert wasn't on this show i wouldn't watch.

Part of me things he is putting on an act and he is looking at this as his big break. If he is i must say he is doing a good job. He basically went from a joke to a very sympathetic character and is making it believable.
    It'd be awesome if this was all an act like in Joe Millionaire. However, so much of this show seems badly planned that I wouldn't give the producer's enough credit to plant him there without a bit more proof.

FORT Regular
    I think Robet is the only actor who is being paid to be on this show and is having producer-generated votes to keep him on until the final four--just my opinion but it is really weird that all the other guys are NOT in show business and Robert is.....

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IheartCupid
    I think Robet is the only actor who is being paid to be on this show and is having producer-generated votes to keep him on until the final four--just my opinion but it is really weird that all the other guys are NOT in show business and Robert is.....
    I don't think the people who came up with this show are capable of being that subtle - if anyone's a plant, I think it's Renda the Street-Hustler.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    Before long, the doorbell rang and one of the girls went to answer it. When she opened the door, I could not at first see who was standing there but when I heard him talk...it was Robert, the guy from "Cupid". He was part of the joke. He stripped down to only a black g-string and began dancing for the girls. His joke was to humiliate the one guy that was brought to the party.

Finally, the one guy was told about being duped by everyone while "Robert" just stood there. Then it came to an end.

My question: Is this "Robert" actually an actor that has been brought on the "Cupid" show for a reason that has nothing to do with meeting some new love? You have to admit, his dates have been strange to say the least. I think he is nothing more than an actor playing as though he is from another country. This way the viewing public might just think he is not familair with American dating and not suspect that he is really just an actor. The show that I saw tonight where he played a male stripper was filmed in 2003.
    Now that is very interesting - I don't know if Robert is a plant (its possible and too bad if it is because it takes away something if its scripted). But - I'll bet he looked scrumptious! He may not be the most astute person on the planet - but he looks good (as long as he doesn't open his mouth).

I agree that Robert in a G string sounds hot.

This has been one of the worst reality shows. Nothing about it strikes me as well planned or scripted. You can't even find information on future episodes on the CBS website. They seem to be winging this whole thing which maybe one reason why it was so easy for even a D actor like Robert to make the cut. The speculation of Robert as a plant by Simon is just too funny. I think Simon has been raving about Robert to the press because he knows that Robert's stumbling Austrian dating skills is the one saviour for this lowly rated show.

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    Now that is very interesting - I don't know if Robert is a plant (its possible and too bad if it is because it takes away something if its scripted). But - I'll bet he looked scrumptious! He may not be the most astute person on the planet - but he looks good (as long as he doesn't open his mouth).

I too saw Robert the other night on Girls Behaving Badly as soon ias he came on, i said to myself s**t well if that isn't my favorite guy from Cupid. Seems to me that Robert is everywhere thse days, oh well, at least he's entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Spad1918
    I too saw Robert the other night on Girls Behaving Badly as soon ias he came on, i said to myself s**t well if that isn't my favorite guy from Cupid. Seems to me that Robert is everywhere thse days, oh well, at least he's entertaining.
    IF, and that is a BIG IF, Robert does not win Cupid.. He should get his own talkshow. That would be awesome. His first guest - Hank.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    I think Simon has been raving about Robert to the press because he knows that Robert's stumbling Austrian dating skills is the one saviour for this lowly rated show.
    Right on target IMO. Robert saved this show from the scrap heap, and they know it.

+ Reply to Thread