+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 93

Thread: Robert - Suitor

  1. #61
    Check that out! fallsplendor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Food Dish
    Posts
    126
    Robert is creepy. I saw him on Tv saying that he basically wants to have Arnold S's life. He compared Lisa to Maria Shriver. I think that's the only reason why he's on there. How horrible would it be if he was voted to be her husband?

  2. #62
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Age
    67
    Posts
    25

    I disagree with the rest of you about Robert

    Quote Originally Posted by aifan4life
    I've always been a Robert fan, but last night what he did to Lisa, that was just plain wrong!

    Lisa picked him, and not to mention, liked him, but after last night, I wouldn't want for Lisa to have to suffer through an experience like that again!

    If Robert does stay another week, let's hope he does do something to impress Lisa and America because I really don't think either one wants him there any longer!
    Sorry everyone, but I disagree with you all. Yes, Robert is clueless as to how to court a woman or how to express himself. I've been wanting him voted off, but after last night when he gave Lisa a massage, I had a completely different take on him.

    First, we have to remember that the dates are edited before we see them. But regardless, I wanted him to stand up to Kim and to stand up for himself. I so wanted him to say something along the lines of
    "Lisa is a grown woman capable of making her own choices. You insult her by implying that she is unable to say "No" should the occasion arise.
    Surely she will encounter other situations in life, and has no doubt in the past, when saying "NO" would be required. If she didn't want the massage, she could have said so. I don't want a woman who can't stand up for herself, especially one of her age considering marriage."

    I don't think there was anything creepy about giving her a massage. If she thought that too personal, then she should have spoken up, but she actually enjoyed it very much. He wasn't offensive in attempting to then seduce her like all the others in their lip locks/getting on top of her, etc., and he kept his hands away from doing anything improper. Jeez, I've had massages from potential suitors, and I wouldn't call it creepy. It was really nice to see him do something to please her instead of trying to get her to please him. That was refreshing.

    I also wanted him to say to Kimberly, "When Lisa and I are married, are we going to have to put up with you on the sidelines nit picking and putting me down for the rest of our lives?" Actually, all of the men should be thinking about that before marrying her...because they would be marrying these so-called "friends" too....always there trying to control Lisa. YUCK.

    I think Robert has handled himself under all the negative comments remarkable well. He doesn't come off bitter or resentful, and while inept and uncomfortable in public, he actually has been very level headed.

    I 'm not implying that he would make a good husband for her, but I am saying I think there's a lot more to the guy that anyone is giving him credit for. Sure, he blew it in the past from his cluelessness, but I also think there's more there than we are being shown. Wouldn't it be a hoot if Lisa actually has seen that other nice side of him and likes him the best, but isn't letting on? Haaaa! Maybe the network is trying to dupe us all by making him out to be a doofus when in fact the scenes they are NOT showing us are far different? Anything is possible!

    I vote for Hank...he seems best suited and most mature/compatible, based on what they DO show us.

  3. #63
    Under Investigation Tirlittan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,092
    I have to say that I thought the massage was very sweet from Robert. And I loved it how Lisa actually defended Robert. Her friends just seem to have an attitude problem, they have put a scarlet letter on Robert's forehead in their minds and there is no way Robert will ever be able to wash it out. No matter what he does, Laura and Kimberly will complain about something. And, like Hypatia said, Lisa is a grown woman, who is able to say "no" if she so chooses (now how many times has she already refused to kiss him?).

    Also, they might be facing some cultural differences there. I have not been a fan of Robert's, but hey, I'd take a good looking man who pampers me Of course there is more than that to a relationship, but we will see what will come. Maybe they start to understand each other better, this goes also languagewise, it is fairly obvious that Robert sometimes has hard time expressing himself exactly like he would like to.

    Robert might not be "the" guy for Lisa, at least based on what we have seen so far regarding their relationship, but he definately had a nice date this week, if not the nicest.

  4. #64
    FORT Fogey aname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Des203
    My take on Robert is that he's the strong, silent, sensitive type.

    The kiss in front of the kids has gotten too much criticism too. First off Lisa handled it well and just kissed him on the cheek. Thats all she had to do. End of story. Besides the kids seemed like they were enjoying it.
    Theyve all seen romantic tv shows and movies before.

    That kiss was nowhere near as creepy as Renda slobbering on Lisa in front of Renda's entire family.

    Robert seems like an ok guy to me. And Roberts friends also seemed pretty cool. They were just explaining Robert got nervous because of being on national television, and because he liked Lisa.

    Oh well it doesnt matter, you only get one first impression. And Robert blew it big time. Its obvious Lisa has no interest in the guy. Dont vote for Robert.
    I agree with analysis of the kids episode. This poor guy is getting a raw deal and probably because of his accent and social ineptness. Unfortunately he just seems to be the stereotypical male model - beautiful face and body with little between the ears. But - I noticed on his web page that he is also an actor (could some of this stuff be "acting" and he was thrown into the mix by Simon to keep things interesting?)

    Whatever the reasons he is still in it, he and Lisa have little chemistry and I think he knows it (as does everyone else). I think this whole thing is to further his career and get exposure. It's amazing what people will do for publicity.

  5. #65
    FORT Fogey sugarlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by aname
    I agree with analysis of the kids episode. This poor guy is getting a raw deal and probably because of his accent and social ineptness. Unfortunately he just seems to be the stereotypical male model - beautiful face and body with little between the ears. But - I noticed on his web page that he is also an actor (could some of this stuff be "acting" and he was thrown into the mix by Simon to keep things interesting?)

    Whatever the reasons he is still in it, he and Lisa have little chemistry and I think he knows it (as does everyone else). I think this whole thing is to further his career and get exposure. It's amazing what people will do for publicity.

  6. #66
    FORT Fogey sugarlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    869

    Love for Cupid Dollars

    It is amazing what all these people will do for Cupid dollars. Robert really thinks he is in love with Lisa.


    Quote Originally Posted by aname
    I agree with analysis of the kids episode. This poor guy is getting a raw deal and probably because of his accent and social ineptness. Unfortunately he just seems to be the stereotypical male model - beautiful face and body with little between the ears. But - I noticed on his web page that he is also an actor (could some of this stuff be "acting" and he was thrown into the mix by Simon to keep things interesting?)

    Whatever the reasons he is still in it, he and Lisa have little chemistry and I think he knows it (as does everyone else). I think this whole thing is to further his career and get exposure. It's amazing what people will do for publicity.

  7. #67
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    66

    Robert is the best person for Lisa......

    ....and it's not for the reasons commonly being articulated here. Seems that a lot of people feel picking Robert serves as a punishment to Lisa and her hellcat friends. I honestly believe Robert should win, but for the right reason, that is in the long run Robert will bring Lisa true happiness and they will eventually learn to love each other.


    I'll begin by looking at the competition:

    Renda is what Seinfeld calls a Mimbo.... a Male Bimbo. When he told Lisa's parents that he's going to incorporate himself to make money because he read it in a book and it doesn't sound so hard I almost died laughing. And his other get rich scheme of having people pay to watch him. Lastly, he makes out with the girl in front of his parents..... it's one thing to be kinky, but another do make out in front of your parents.
    Lastly, he parades himself on his "street smarts" cuz of his hussling. His four year degree and his three year street degree.... you're a real jack of all trades Renda.

    Hank should be called Mr. Potato head. He is a two faced guy who talks behind people's back. He pretends to be a saint and always gestures for the camera when he walks into a room and tries to advertise. He prides himself by bragging about how he talked a little dirty to Lisa who's dating and making out with many people all at once. You're a real stud Hank (note the sarcasm). Hank would likely dominate a relationship with Lisa and would yell at her if her skirt is too short. Hand also has the affection of Lisa's high maintenance fraud friends. Together they are on their respective high horses which makes me want to puke.

    I think the only other person with a shot is Evan who is basically Lisa's temporary love sponge. She has a puppy love affection and one day she'll wake up and see a mole on Evan's face with a hair coming out of it and they'll wind up fighting over everything. Raw sexual attraction is important, but there has to be more to back it up. This couple has 7 month (not year) itch written all over it. The guy thinks he closely resembles the porn star Ron Jeremy, and says what he fears about women is their bad breath. Need I write more?


    Now, I imagine some of you might say I'm nitpicking and Rob is worse than the other three but I disagree, here's why:

    First off, Rob has been chastized for his appearance on Blind Date where he was set up with a blonde bimbo with 44D breasts and he was talking about how he can have sex 12 times a day and he likes to give girls mulitple climaxes. when the girl says "What if I can't climax all those times?" he says something to the effect "There are certain moves you can do." Then they more than make out on an elevator. Anyhow, it's no crime for a guy to go through that. There's a difference between a Friday and Saturday night kind of girl, and a girl that will be the mother of your children. I respect a guy who in his young days can go out and party. I would think a lot of guys do. A young single guy has a right to go wild and crazy every now and then. Then, there comes a time where a guy has had his fill and wants to settle down. It appears to me Rob's matured as an individual and is ready to take his life to the next step.

    Secondly, Rob gets criticised for being "creepy." The guy is just different. There's a language and culture gap involved as well. He is weird.... that's not a crime. His sexual advances may seem a bit forceful at times, or innapproprate, but remember that in many cases opposites attract. Lisa is a very conventional type person; some would even say boring. Rob makes the ordinary seem interesting. Rob and Lisa have already proven they can OVERCOME differences and arguments. Rob says what he feels even if it comes out not so easy to understand. When something rubs him the wrong way he says so; no doubt he's very smitten by Lisa (or a great actor) but he's not a total ass kisser who is living a lie that he and Lisa are both perfect. Rob doesn't act like a bigshot, and he doesn't say things about others behind their back.

    Lastly, Rob has a huge heart. He's the guy, more so than any other, who would smother the live gernade to save his friends--without having to think twice. You can tell that he has good friends. Renda would just run so that he can get people to buy pictures of him and Lisa on the corner of a street in New York. Hank would think he's too good and that someone else should smother the gernade... him doing it is against the efficient market hypothesis and against his competitive natures. Evan wouldn't because he doesn't want his matinee idol looks dented.

  8. #68
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Yory Boy
    Renda is what Seinfeld calls a Mimbo.... a Male Bimbo.


    You know what, I agree with you. I thought Robert was creepy at first, but he's coming off as a lot more sincere these days than I gave him credit for in the beginning. (He's still hilarious, though.)

    Meanwhile Renda has turned out to be an utter fruitcake, Hank is a control freak, Evan is a lit-tle too good at being a phony, and Dominic should really, really ask himself why he would want to tie himself down to a wife at his age - is he nuts? Half a million dollars ain't gonna replace your lost youth.

  9. #69
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    Quote Originally Posted by fallsplendor
    Robert is creepy. I saw him on Tv saying that he basically wants to have Arnold S's life. He compared Lisa to Maria Shriver. I think that's the only reason why he's on there. How horrible would it be if he was voted to be her husband?
    Eww. I was joking about him being an Ah-nold wanna be... but REALLY? Like really?

  10. #70
    FORT Fogey aname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,320
    Boy do I agree with the description of Renda and Dominic is way too young to get married. The physical attraction between Evan and Lisa does seem to be all there is, and Hank does seem a bit too controlling (but I think he could be manipulated).

    I am starting to soften my opinion of Robert too. I visited his website and found that the camera really loves him and he has had a pretty good career modeling and acting. His aspirations for the future (working with disabled and elderly people) in the fitness area seem pretty altruistic. Maybe he isn't such a Ken doll after all.

    However, he does seem a little desperate to find a mate. He is 33 and wants to settle down. Is he really in "love at first sight" with Lisa, or is his internal clock running overtime to get married and start reproducing?

    I think the two of them have too many cultural differences and she doesn't seem attracted to him, at least not yet. However, I think she is starting to like him and see that he is a really sweet guy.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.