+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Robert - Suitor

Can you imagine the show if it was just a love fest between the contestants and the girls?

*barf*

I loved Laura's rant on the failures of the American audience.

Angry girls = excitement.

Robert must stay.

FORT Newbie
    At this point, I don't think there is anything Fox or the ladies can do to stop the Robert campaign. I think that even if they were nice to him, America wants to see the Robert dates because they are funny and the others (except Ken's last night, which was painful too) are incredibly boring. Lisa has almost NOTHING to say to any of these men. At least Robert is funny.

FORT Newbie

Robert - gotta be gay!

I can't believe I'm even watching Cupid, much less posting this! But I'm really bothered by something, and that is: from the first five minutes' sight of Robert, my gaydar (an excellent and accurate device, honed to an incredible degree from years of exposure to the gay communities of L.A. and other cities) has been on full-shrieking alert. The man is gay, people!! And this explains a lot of the weirdnesses/shynesses/faux pas he's exhibited in his "courtship" too. How there hasn't been more comment on this I just don't know. I googled him and as is the case with so many closeted celebrities his history is negligible, and silent as to relationships. I did find one very artistically erotic photo which links to others, I believe, and is certainly homoerotic. Sure he might be on the blind date show--Robert would not be the first gay guy to fake it if it pays off, would he? Which is certainly what he's going for on Cupid.

It had never occurred to me until I read some of the recent posts that people might vote against what Lisa wants just to make a point about the show. I'm beginning to think it's a great idea. I just wonder . . . do the girls realize this about Robert? I can't think Laura would hold back if she did.

He doesn't seem gay, just geeky. Take the gaydar back to radio shack

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc212
    At this point, I don't think there is anything Fox or the ladies can do to stop the Robert campaign. I think that even if they were nice to him, America wants to see the Robert dates because they are funny and the others (except Ken's last night, which was painful too) are incredibly boring. Lisa has almost NOTHING to say to any of these men. At least Robert is funny.
    Are you sure you're watching "Cupid?" It's not on FOX, it's on CBS.

As far as Robert is concerned, I really don't know what he is doing there. To subject himself to the constant humiliation leveled at him by that bitch Laura is heavy duty punishment to take for being a contestant on this show.

He doesn't belong there, and seems so uncomfortable. Yet he insists on saying the corniest things to Lisa about their future together while she is not even making eye contact with him. This guy is clearly a masochist.

FORT Regular
    [QUOTE=stebo]snip: I tried to vote for Robert all last night and the line was busy. I woke up at 4:00 in the morning to let my dog out and just for kicks I hit redial on the phone... the line was busy. Just now, I tried to call and vote - the line is busy. There are two things going on here. Either the show has taken his line "off the hook" so that he cannot make it any further or people are religiously calling in for him 24 hours a day. (end snip):

Stebo, you can vote for ONLY TWO HOURS after the end of the show. So in New York, the show is over at 10, and you can only vote until 12. Then EVERYONE gets a busy signal. So NOBODY is voting for Robert or anyone else once the show has been over for two hours in their time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by stebo
    By the way, in addition to Robert being on Blind Date - Uncensored, he was ALSO on Last Comic Standing. There was a competition where you had to bring your own audience for the comics. One of them found Robert running around on the beach and he actually showed up at the show. They showed him again when they introduced each comic's guests and it was definitely him.
    hmm... I didn't notice, I'll have to watch the tape sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by reallynow
    I can't believe I'm even watching Cupid, much less posting this! But I'm really bothered by something, and that is: from the first five minutes' sight of Robert, my gaydar (an excellent and accurate device, honed to an incredible degree from years of exposure to the gay communities of L.A. and other cities) has been on full-shrieking alert. The man is gay, people!! And this explains a lot of the weirdnesses/shynesses/faux pas he's exhibited in his "courtship" too. How there hasn't been more comment on this I just don't know. I googled him and as is the case with so many closeted celebrities his history is negligible, and silent as to relationships. I did find one very artistically erotic photo which links to others, I believe, and is certainly homoerotic. Sure he might be on the blind date show--Robert would not be the first gay guy to fake it if it pays off, would he? Which is certainly what he's going for on Cupid.

It had never occurred to me until I read some of the recent posts that people might vote against what Lisa wants just to make a point about the show. I'm beginning to think it's a great idea. I just wonder . . . do the girls realize this about Robert? I can't think Laura would hold back if she did.
    Maybe he is, I don't know. That's interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by holiday
    He doesn't seem gay, just geeky. Take the gaydar back to radio shack

FORT Regular

Seven Reasons Why Robert Will Win

1. He is undergoing way too much humiliation by those loser harpies, engendering a TON of sympathy in some voters and a TON of sadism in others.
    2. The people who voted for Rob and Scott and Paul are now voting for Robert in retaliation. If my fave gets voted off I will be voting for Robert too.
    3. Stupid CBS leaves the Cupid chatroom open during and after the show (during voting time) and people are writing Robert's number as Hank's number, Dom's number, Evan's number, etc. when other people ask what their voting numbers are. So a lot of people are voting for Robert who think they are voting for someone else!
    4. He's from California and a lot of show biz people know who he is and are voting for him because they're sympathetic or sadistic.
    5. If he were really as disgusting as they are portraying him, then why in the h*ll would the three harpies have kept him?
    6. America is too cynical of so-called reality shows and doesn't care about Lisa (not necessarily her personally but anyone in her position).
    7. And finally, he is the only contestant from a foreign country--the whole panel of guys has such little diversity and Ken (the only one apparently not Caucasian) and Robert (the only one not born in the USA) are the ones getting the most criticism. Way to go CBS--
    Last edited by IheartCupid; 08-20-2003 at 08:04 PM.

The reason robert will win is cuz america will have fun screwing lisa, laura and that other chick

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by holiday
    The reason robert will win is cuz america will have fun screwing lisa, laura and that other chick
    Say what, dude?

+ Reply to Thread