+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renda - Suitor

Renda - Suitor

[IMG]images/img/cupid_renda.jpg[/IMG]

Name: Renda
    College: University of Florida
    Hometown: Queens, New York

Which of Lisa's qualities do you like best?
    She enjoys life and she seems to give everything and everyone a fair chance. Most importantly, she's cool and down-to-earth.

Why do you think you were selected to be in the Top Ten?
    I'm a real extremist and an extreme realist.

What three adjectives best describe you?
    Passionate, free, funky

What is your best pick-up line?
    Hey! Do you like comedy clubs?

What prop, if any, did you bring with you to the auditions?
    Just myself

What scares you the most about women?
    Their insecurities

How long was the longest romantic relationship you've been in?
    About two to three months

What's your favorite romantic movie?
    Love Jones

Which celebrity most closely resembles you?
    I've gone through all different phases. For a little while, it was Joey Lawrence, then it was David Charvet. And for a little while it was Hugh Jackman. Now I think there's a slight Jim Morrison look.

Who is your role model, and why?
    Sam Walton, because he was a highly successful businessman and pioneer in the field of deep discount sales who always maintained his personal integrity, morals and values in the face of big business. He ignored conventional wisdom. He swam in a pool of sharks and never got bitten.

Describe your perfect relationship.
    A symbiotic exchange of true feelings and true intentions that stems from a real sense of companionship, passion and respect. A relationship without fear or restraint, just two people being themselves and sharing themselves.

Describe your ideal date.
    An early morning hot air balloon ride over rolling green hills with a mimosa toast, followed by a destination-free romp through Central Park. Then, some fresh fruit and a trip to a water park. Then off to a comedy club and a family-style Italian restaruant, sunset conversation and some snuggling under a comfy blanket.

Describe your relationship with your family.
    My family helped to make me the man I am today, and I like how I've turned out. I love them, and we're close, but we could probably be a little closer.

What are your aspirations for the future?
    Get on Def Poetry Jam; Have a springtime home in NYC and a house in a suburb somewhere else for the rest of the year; Be self-employed in some sort of a creative capacity; Travel the globe; Experience everything; Live by the water; Just plain be happy, and have someone to share my happiness with; Write a book; Produce a documentary

I'm bumping up Renda so we can talk about him.

Did anyone else notice a nose peircing on the left side of his nose? I was hoping it might be a mole or something. If it's peirced that would be such a turn off to me.

Reading his answers to the questions changes my mind about him. I was really starting to like him for her after their trip to NYC. And his family with the nose and glasses was excellent. There seemed to be such a great spark between them when she said that nice thing (which I can't remember) which inspired him to kiss her so passionately.

But check his profile, above. He's 24 and the longest relationship he's had is 2 or 3 months? Wow! He is so not ready.

Renda's PDA

Renda's family seemed nice but personally I felt the extended kissing seemed a bit too much, given that it was in front of all his family and friends (not to mention a nationwide TV audience, but ...). Maybe it's because I'm just not a public-display-of-affection person myself, but it would have made me uncomfortable, and it seemed at the end that Lisa was trying to pull away a bit.

FORT Newbie
    This guys a freak too.

First off, his occupation is a street hustler? Are you kidding me? Usually attractive girls don't fall for scalpers.

Secondly, the guy has a nosering. What a moron.

Also did you see him trying to make out with Lisa in front of his family. Now THAT was creepy. A little peck on the lips is one thing but he was trying to stick his tongue down her throat. Man I want to puke.

Get that loser away from her.

He's a poet/street hustler and therefore will not be able to support a family. It doesn't matter how great he is - this is the unforunate reality. A million dollars does not go very far anymore in the US.

He only is a candidate if people are interested in being cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny
    He's a poet/street hustler and therefore will not be able to support a family. It doesn't matter how great he is - this is the unforunate reality. A million dollars does not go very far anymore in the US.

He only is a candidate if people are interested in being cruel.
    He just has to change jobs, that's all. How many of you were making enough to support a family at age 24? I have a great career and I was barely getting by back then. Your young to mid20s is when you suffer without money a bit and do some backpacking in Europe. If he were 10 years older, then it would be a problem.

That's how old I am and I could support a family if I had to. I would rather not, hence I am not professing to a suitor and the world that I am ready. Clearly he isn't.

What job shall he change to with a resume highlighting poetry and street hussling?

I like Renda, he seems like a very interesting person... but he needs someone more exciting than Lisa... All she does is look at him and smile and nod her head whenever he says anything... It's hard to tell if she even likes him? Except for the kissing.. maybe she only does that because she can't think of anything to say to him???

But I agree about that kiss last night... I thought it was very inappropriate, especially prolonged like that and the usage of tongue, right in front of his family and friends... :rolleyes

I have thought Renda was all wrong from the start of the show. He really was creepy on the streets. I normally don't find his antics amusing. His family greeting her with those silly noses did not change my opinion. It is interesting that they met in a public place and did not film their home. That is never a good sign.

Why he is still around and how he made it this far is a mystery to me. The fact that Lisa has more chemistry with Renda than some of the other suitors does not show good taste or sound judgement. Why is Paul gone while the general public has to continue enduring this street clown?

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    I'm bumping up Renda so we can talk about him.

Did anyone else notice a nose peircing on the left side of his nose? I was hoping it might be a mole or something. If it's peirced that would be such a turn off to me.

Reading his answers to the questions changes my mind about him. I was really starting to like him for her after their trip to NYC. And his family with the nose and glasses was excellent. There seemed to be such a great spark between them when she said that nice thing (which I can't remember) which inspired him to kiss her so passionately.

But check his profile, above. He's 24 and the longest relationship he's had is 2 or 3 months? Wow! He is so not ready.

FORT Newbie

Renda

Itís funny how people look at him, because he used the word ďStreet HustlerĒ. Hustler means hard worker. He works for a reputable marketing company that is basis in Downtown Manhattan, and sells promotional tickets throughout NYC. Renda has a college degree in business from the University of Florida. He is only 24 years old so itís not like he is suppose to be wealthy and start a family with his current job. Also, Renda is the manager at the marketing company. He makes a very good paycheck at the end of the week. You have to understand its New York City there are tons of people to buy the tickets considering there are 12 million people that live in New York. I will say this Renda and Lisa are not compatible. She is not talkative and is a pretty boring of a person. He is a cool dude would like to have fun and not be the normal average Joe. If you look at the way Renda talks and the other suitors talk you can tell Renda is a lot quicker on his feet with wit and has a very good vocabulary. He is one of the smartest guys, in the house. One more answer to something I saw on the chat room. The reason Renda didnít bring Lisa Shannon to his house is cause his family is from Florida and he lives in New York City. For the people not from New York, apartments in the city are extremely small and outrageously overpriced! Renda I can honestly say is a great guy and would give you is shirt off his back. Lisa is missing out on one great guy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast