+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Ken - Suitor

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    Agree. He was very dignified.
    Ken is WAY too good for Lisa--he will have his choice of sophisticated women who appreciate his classiness and will live a much happier life than if he had gotten stuck with Lisa.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ChottoMatte
    More survey results for you Alibaba:

Asianweek (ever heard of it?) has the figures of disgust toward Asian interacial marriage at 38%. This goes along with some general disdain about Asian Americans living in America.

http://www.asianweek.com/2001_04_27/news1_committee100survey.html
    Why don't you just get over it, ChottoMatte, and enjoy life?

Quote Originally Posted by IheartCupid
    Ken is WAY too good for Lisa--he will have his choice of sophisticated women who appreciate his classiness and will live a much happier life than if he had gotten stuck with Lisa.
    I agree.. quite of few of these guys are too good for Lisa... Evan, Renda, Dominic, Ken...

FORT Regular
    I liked Ken a lot...he just didn't click with Lisa. He won't be alone long though, I'm sure.

I don't really have anything to add to the racial/interracial dating comments stirred by ChottoMatte....but find it interesting that that name in itself is rude...it translates roughly to "just a minute" or something similar, but it's considered the rude (and not proper) way of saying it. I'm just saying.

I really liked Ken and Paul. It is obvious that Ken has a lot going for him and was glad to leave the show. He seemed relieved to no longer have to be hit by a bus every week.

Ken was one of the more attractive men on the show. I would have enjoyed seeing his family visit. Especially, since some people in the chat room told me that he did not look Asian and was too tall to be Asian. I wonder if those were some of the same folks that took the survey.

I did not think Ken was boring. His dates went so badly with Lisa because you can't have fun alone. Lisa's facial expressions and body language was totally different around Ken compared to Hank, Evan, Paul, and Dominic. What guy wouldn't feel uncomfortable with such a cold shoulder?

Lisa is an oddball. I don't know why she put Ken and Robert in the top ten only for humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by blaster2
    Well, I have a different experience. There is a silent majority and an aggressive minority about that. But you would know that only if you are Asian and insulted.

Nevertheless, back to Ken. I think this guy has something wrong about him, only I cannot figure that out.
    He is a University of Chicago gradute, top school, apparently educated, physically apt, adapted (unlike Asian immigrants), with a career that seems to be going on in the right direction.
    Yet he chooses to compete with a bunch of loosers for a bore of a girl while at the same time getting insulted and humiliated on a national TV by a lowly white trash?

Makes you wonder what is wrong with him?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456