+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ken - Suitor

Being from Hawaii, I agree with allliebaba, Ken is what we call a Hapa (half Asian and half white). In fact, he looks a lot like the local boys here. He was the one I initially thought was the cutest, but then I'm partial.

However, obviously he has no chemistry with Lisa and she is NOT attracted to him. He is nervous around the cameras and seems very shy. I like him - but not for her.

The fact that Lisa is not attraced to him makes me want him to win

Him remaining in the competition will get her bitchy pals even more annoyed, which I will enjoy immensely.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff

Him remaining in the competition will get her bitchy pals even more annoyed, which I will enjoy immensely.

I think they are getting closer and closer to the realization that the majority of the viewers don't really care about Lisa getting hooked up with a great match.

I agree Ken is a great guy (maybe not so great with kids, the last date was a little odd...), but not right for Lisa. Even if Ken is "boring" he can't be all that more dull than Lisa...

That's nice to hear.

But are you telling me that more Northern Europeans than not would are willing to accept Asian males as mates or sexual partners? If so, I don't think you know your own race very well.

Quote Originally Posted by IheartCupid
    Gee, where I come from people like Ken have a ton going for them--looks, success, charm--and ain't nobody spitting on them. And I am SO looking forward to having an Asian son-in-law within the year so please don't go making any stereotype comments about me.

Not Northern European country -- Northen European ancestry -- as in white Americans or Canucks of Northen European ancestry.

You want eloquence or honesty? I think you are kidding yourself if you haven't witnessed this type of thing about Asian males -- maybe not the spitting, but the looking-upon them as some sort of "Long Duk Dong".

Ken's personality matches with Lisa's. Opposites attract as the saying goes.

Quote Originally Posted by alliebaba
    Ok, I happen to be Asian and that is seriously really offensive to the Asian community. I don't know what type of rock this Northern European country lays under, but it's the 21st century for crying out loud. I think that comment could have been more eloquently stated.

Moreover, as it appears that Ken is Asian, he appears mixed. My guess is that he is half Asian and half white because of his features. He has a long face and is VERY tall, 2 traits that most Asians do not possess.

Ken is a good guy. His intentions are good. However, his personality does not match with Lisa.

Hook 'em Horns!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChottoMatte
    Not Northern European country -- Northen European ancestry -- as in white Americans or Canucks of Northen European ancestry.

You want eloquence or honesty? I think you are kidding yourself if you haven't witnessed this type of thing about Asian males -- maybe not the spitting, but the looking-upon them as some sort of "Long Duk Dong".

Ken's personality matches with Lisa's. Opposites attract as the saying goes.
    Where I live, I have yet to witness white people rejecting Asian people and vice versa. Many of my Asian relatives have married white people and our family has always welcomed them with open arms. Likewise, many of my white friends have had strong relationships with Asian people.

And as far as that "Long Duk Dong" comment, I have never even heard of that. Maybe you just need a good smack upside your head to let some culture get in. Then you need another smack upside your head to see that Ken's and Lisa's personality do NOT match.

You've insulted the Asian community and as far as I am concerned, your narrowmindedness and Cupid opinions aren't worthy of this forum.
    Last Comic Standing's Dat Phan
    American Juniors's Lucy Hale & Morgan Burke
    Cupid's Paul (but I don't want Lisa to marry him)

Quote Originally Posted by fluff

LOL I would agree with you fluff, except the difference is Robert is more entertaining to watch while Ken is kind of dull...

Robert all the way!!!

FORT Regular
    Where I live, I have yet to witness white people rejecting Asian people and vice versa. Many of my Asian relatives have married white people and our family has always welcomed them with open arms. Likewise, many of my white friends have had strong relationships with Asian people.

And as far as that "Long Duk Dong" comment, I have never even heard of that. Maybe you just need a good smack upside your head to let some culture get in. Then you need another smack upside your head to see that Ken's and Lisa's personality do NOT match.

You've insulted the Asian community and as far as I am concerned, your narrowmindedness and Cupid opinions aren't worthy of this forum.

GREAT POST!!!!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur
    LOL I would agree with you fluff, except the difference is Robert is more entertaining to watch while Ken is kind of dull...

Robert all the way!!!
    Gonna have to agree with you. Ken may be boring, but he seems like a nice guy. I'd much rather see her with creepy than boring.

You're either never pay attention to Asian American issues or you don't interact much with the Asian American community.

Survey on white attitudes toward Asian Americans:

http://www.adl.org/misc/american_attitudes_towards_chi nese.asp
    24% of Americans would not approve of inter-marriage with an Asian American.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast