+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ken - Suitor

I was hoping for an "asian" triple-crown.... or I should say quadruple-....

ya know, "Fame" (Harlem) "BB4" (Jun or Jee) "LCS" (Dat Phan) and "Cupid" (Ken)

wouldn't it be something if all the shows' winners are asian decent?

Wasn't trying to start controversy. Where I come from, a person of Northern European ancestry would rather spit on an Asian person than consider them suitable for suitorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Burberrygirl425
    Iheart... way to avoid controversy with that one. Chotto was completely out of line by even suggesting that your defense of Ken was racially motivated...

I believe Ken is Asian. I think it's a first for reality TV or any dating show to show an Asian guy rather than an Asian women with any sex appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by IheartCupid
    I don't even know what Ken's race is--but mine is northern European if you think that's important.... And he's not my favorite of the ten guys (gotta go for Dominic), but I think the producers are manipulating how the dates come across, for good or for bad. Like Mark Burnett said after the first Survivor, it's not a game, it's entertainment.

It would, but then we'd probably witness the second coming of JC.

Quote Originally Posted by k1w1
    I was hoping for an "asian" triple-crown.... or I should say quadruple-....

ya know, "Fame" (Harlem) "BB4" (Jun or Jee) "LCS" (Dat Phan) and "Cupid" (Ken)

wouldn't it be something if all the shows' winners are asian decent?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ChottoMatte
    Wasn't trying to start controversy. Where I come from, a person of Northern European ancestry would rather spit on an Asian person than consider them suitable for suitorship.
    Gee, where I come from people like Ken have a ton going for them--looks, success, charm--and ain't nobody spitting on them. And I am SO looking forward to having an Asian son-in-law within the year so please don't go making any stereotype comments about me.

I agree that their date looked incredibly boring... He does seem to be a little more "suave" and "sophisticated" but I found him just plain boring... But I don't like Lisa either so...

And personally I don't find Ken to be very attractive either... he's just not my type...

I want to like Ken, I really do. He seems like a nice guy. Be he just seems a little off-step with everybody else. That kid activity was ridiculous. Encouraging violent behavior? And the activity was all about him. Only one kid was into it and the others seemed to just stand around. I think maybe he was going for the "harried father" image... you know, poor dad on the floor overrun with manic children - ain't that funny? Instead, he revealed a real lack of understanding a father's role.

Hook 'em Horns!
    i think he kinda wanted to show off his muscles...and show them off he did!!! he is swoll!!!!

Hook 'em Horns!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChottoMatte
    Ok, I happen to be Asian and that is seriously really offensive to the Asian community. I don't know what type of rock this Northern European country lays under, but it's the 21st century for crying out loud. I think that comment could have been more eloquently stated.

Moreover, as it appears that Ken is Asian, he appears mixed. My guess is that he is half Asian and half white because of his features. He has a long face and is VERY tall, 2 traits that most Asians do not possess.

Ken is a good guy. His intentions are good. However, his personality does not match with Lisa.

Quote Originally Posted by alliebaba
    Ken is a good guy. His intentions are good. However, his personality does not match with Lisa.
    I agree with alliebaba. Ken seems real nice & sweet. He and Lisa just don't have chemistry between them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast