+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 146

Thread: Hank - Suitor

  1. #51
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    20

    Hank All The Way!

    Quote Originally Posted by davidbird
    I think it's too early to say that Hank could be physically abusive, but I had an ex-boyfriend like Hank in so many ways that now I can't stand to watch Hank's dates anymore. My ex-b's wife left him after 8 months, and it took me 4 to figure out why she probably did: very demanding, controlling, set in his ways and in his views of the world, and not very respectful of differences. Hank was very charming at first, and I don't mind if Lisa ends up with him since she likes him so much, but I won't be shocked if it doesn't work out.

    In my honest opinion, I think that living in a bach pad with a bunch of immature guys would drive anyone crazy. Hank is a big threat to all the guys on the show and they don't like him. I can't see what you people are seeing about him being abusive and have hidden anger. Hank is such a down to earth person and I just think you guys are not giving him a fair chance.

    Also, some people posting in this forum mentioned Hank being as creepy as Robert and Joe because he whispered that he wanted to take off Lisa's clothes and make love to her. Hank has to juice things up and stir up some commotion because he has been criticized for not kissing Lisa as all the other suitors had earlier in the show. This is TV. Everyone wants to see things get hot and steamy and Hank sure heated the screen last week! He's smart and charming and down to earth, I can't see Hank becoming this abuser that you say he possibly can be.

  2. #52
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur
    Did anyone else think it was a little odd that Hank "volunteered" himself AND Lisa to work as bartenders to serve his family & friends?

    :

    How could it be odd to have your date be involved? Lisa is a smart lady, if she felt funny about serving drinks with Hank, I'm sure she would have come up with a quick way of backing out. Don't under estimate Lisa just because she is nice and sweet.

  3. #53
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by aname
    I think those who think Hank is creepy are over reacting. He doesn't care for some of the guys in the house - so what! He threw a football at Dominic and Dominic threw it back. They were playing boy games of dodge ball. God - haven't any of you been around a houseful of men. Testosterone rules! He whispers sexy things to Lisa (by embarrassment, he didn't seem to realize they heard him and would write it on the bottom) - what else is new. Did anyone else do that and they just didn't choose to show it (she obviously did NOT mind at all.

    I like his personality - he is up front and confident and very sexy. He is getting more relaxed and we can see his more controlling nature (not a bad thing with Lisa - she's so bland).

    As far as his looks. I love beautiful men. I'm shallow that way and a pretty good judge according to my friends. I think Hank is ruggedly handsome, but not a pretty boy nor classically handsome. Evan and Robert are pretty boys, Dominic and Ken are classically handsome, Renda is cute. And Joe - what is he doing with this group. He is plain and rather dumpy looking - really a Joe Average, but he does not have an appealing personality to compensate - too overbearing and a braggart.

    FINALLY! SOMEONE ELSE WHO SHARES THE SAME POINT OF VIEW. I think Hank is so handsome. I am in disagreement with some of the people posting comments about Hank being a real creep. Hank and Lisa shine when they are together. I'm so jealous.

  4. #54
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    61
    Shampoo...ICAM! Hank is a grown man living amongst a bunch of boys, and it's all he can take. I've had roomates I didn't get along with in my life, but I'm not hostile or abusive to my husband....it's ridiculous to relate personality differences with a few people to being potentially abusive. Hank is falling for Lisa (it's obvious....they both seem extremely excited whenever they are together), those same immature boys he lives with are badmouthing him because the friends haven't torn him apart (and most of those boys can't make that same claim), and he's having to watch Lisa kissing those boys every week, too.

    He took a lot of pushing to get him showing so much passion with Lisa, and I think in part he is doing so now because of the competition, he would probably be moving much slower if he didn't feel that he was under pressure....he was pretty much told in no uncertain terms weeks ago that he needed to step things up or risk losing her. Hank is a mature, disciplined guy.....and I'd take a real man like him over players and frat boys any day!


    Quote Originally Posted by shampoo
    In my honest opinion, I think that living in a bach pad with a bunch of immature guys would drive anyone crazy. Hank is a big threat to all the guys on the show and they don't like him. I can't see what you people are seeing about him being abusive and have hidden anger. Hank is such a down to earth person and I just think you guys are not giving him a fair chance.

    Also, some people posting in this forum mentioned Hank being as creepy as Robert and Joe because he whispered that he wanted to take off Lisa's clothes and make love to her. Hank has to juice things up and stir up some commotion because he has been criticized for not kissing Lisa as all the other suitors had earlier in the show. This is TV. Everyone wants to see things get hot and steamy and Hank sure heated the screen last week! He's smart and charming and down to earth, I can't see Hank becoming this abuser that you say he possibly can be.

  5. #55
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    251
    He's smart and charming and down to earth, I can't see Hank becoming this abuser ....
    I know a smart, charming, down to earth abuser. I lived next to him and his wife for years before I knew he beat her. People always assume abusers are skulking surly men you could see coming a mile away, but if they were that obvious who the hell would ever marry them in the first place?

    I'm not saying Hank is abusive - I just see a few red flags that would bother me personally.

  6. #56
    Peeking In Duxxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    looking for a deal on evilBay
    Posts
    6,052
    aname, happydaze and shampoo I am totally with you!
    There are 2 (or more) sides to all of us. When my husband goes to work he is a trash talking-mouthy-up your's-do your work and don't get in my face kinda guy. When my husband is at home he is a bright, intelligent, caring and nurturing father and husband. I dont see this as jekyl and hyde I see this as an adult acting accordingly in the situation at hand. Has my husband ever raised his hand to me? NEVER (he knows what would happen if he did, and it would never enter his mind anyway).
    There are snake in the grass men out there that have the angel out of the house face and the terror of the town behind closed doors, I don't think Hank fits into this catagory. Don't buy into the hype.. the other men have ulterior motives (duh!) and they will say/do anything to make themselves look more attractive to Lisa. She's hot, she has a good job, she has a very friendly personality (from what we have been shown on the show) and I think Lisa and Hank or Lisa and Evan would be very compatible matches.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

  7. #57
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,291
    What's up with "Hank the Abuser"... nothing about him, IMO, would ever make me think he's an abuser or anything.....

    -Rach

  8. #58
    FORT Fogey RealVoyeur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,436
    I agree that some of the speculation that Hank is a wife beater may be going a little overboard... Anything is possible of course but that isn't too likely IMO...

    The fact is though that NONE of us know what ANY of these guys are really like, and neither does Lisa! And that's why I think it's ridiculous that she's possibly willing to marry one of these strangers and have kids with him???

    Regarding Hank though, I didn't like the way he talked about the other guys... I thought it was kind of rude and immature of him to badmouth them the way he did...

  9. #59
    FORT Fogey overthetop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur
    I agree that some of the speculation that Hank is a wife beater may be going a little overboard... Anything is possible of course but that isn't too likely IMO...

    The fact is though that NONE of us know what ANY of these guys are really like, and neither does Lisa! And that's why I think it's ridiculous that she's possibly willing to marry one of these strangers and have kids with him???

    Regarding Hank though, I didn't like the way he talked about the other guys... I thought it was kind of rude and immature of him to badmouth them the way he did...
    I agree. Hank seems great when he's with her, but I do think that he's a regimented person and rude to the other guys. On the other hand, Lisa seems like such a bland person that they do seem like a good fit.

  10. #60
    FORT Newbie Mr_Cool_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    25

    Hank's time has come...

    Hey gang,
    New to the board here.. Just finished reading about all you Robert supporters out there! Must say that I am also voting for Robert. I really do not like Hank and I think that he should be the next to go. He is a weirdo, and now that Joe is gone, he is the obvious next target. He is cocky and thinks he has this whole thing wrapped up. Plus, he is mr. temper. Hey, I am just looking out for Lisa's safety!

    Let's all Vote for Robert, and pray that Hank is eliminated.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.