+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hank - Suitor

FORT Newbie

hank is a very nice guy

I worked on the Options Exchange, and Hank worked about 10 feet away from me every day. He ran a great football bowl pool which I won last year (to my total surprise). He was always down to earth, unassuming and genuine, and he's much more handsome in person. I had a huge crush on him, which I unfortunately never acted on.

I've never watched this sort of show before, but a mutual friend called and told me he'd be on, and he's doing great, and I'm excited for him. If Lisa is everything she seems, I hope this works out for both of them. He deserves it.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by nck551
    I worked on the Options Exchange, and Hank worked about 10 feet away from me every day. He ran a great football bowl pool which I won last year (to my total surprise). He was always down to earth, unassuming and genuine, and he's much more handsome in person. I had a huge crush on him, which I unfortunately never acted on.

I've never watched this sort of show before, but a mutual friend called and told me he'd be on, and he's doing great, and I'm excited for him. If Lisa is everything she seems, I hope this works out for both of them. He deserves it.

That's so awesome that someone who has met Hank is on this board. He seems like he's pretty cool. I'm so jealous!

Lurky McLurkington
    In the glittery & glamorous city of Chicago
    So what do you all think about tonight's revelation that Hank is the show's "Jekyl and Hyde"? I don't know, from what they showed of his "secret" side, I didn't think it was THAT bad, I mean yelling for someone to do the dishes might have to be done in real life, especially with kids. IMO. ANyways, I thought his date was GREAT (I'm sooo glad he was able to turn it around!). Aw, I hope he wins

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki
    So what do you all think about tonight's revelation that Hank is the show's "Jekyl and Hyde"? I don't know, from what they showed of his "secret" side, I didn't think it was THAT bad, I mean yelling for someone to do the dishes might have to be done in real life, especially with kids. IMO. ANyways, I thought his date was GREAT (I'm sooo glad he was able to turn it around!). Aw, I hope he wins

I do worse things than that all the time. I think they just see him as competition and it's just an attempt to knock him down a peg or two in our eyes as well as Lisa's.

I like Hank but I think the activity he planned for the kids was boring! I can't believe Laura (is that her name?) could find anything redeeming to say about it. Teaching them foreign phrases? Yee-gods, that's like summer school. So the girls congratulated him on his ability to trash the idea and think up something new. Really? What did he think up? They talked about what they did for their summer vacation. Whoopee. Those kids looked bored to tears, velcroed to their seats. I hope it didn't go on too long. Love ya, Hank, but you don't really seem too good with kids.

FORT Regular
    I thought Hank did a great job with the kids....his first idea bombed, but he ditched it and got them all involved in something else (the kids seemed to like it, or they wouldn't have hesitated to say something about it). As a parent, I know how important it is to be able to redirect.

Are the guys in the house jealous of Hank, or what? Dom acted like a temperamental child throughout the show from what I saw (arguing with the friends probably didn't help him score a lot of points with Lisa).

I don't think that Hank is that Jekyll & Hyde. He might have responded that way to the dishes thing because some of the other guys really weren't doing anything, and he was getting stuck. I think the other guys were trying to stir things up. I thought he did fine with the children. While it didn't have the success of Evan or Renda's date, it was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by nck551

Thanks for posting NCK! Do you think that Hank has a cranky streak like as was implied in the show? Ever heard him raise his voice at work or get visibly pissed off??

Hank - scares the crap out of me.

I just need to say that I loved Hank at the beginning. He was my favorite right off the bat. But he scares the crap out of me. I can see this anger in him that could someday be thrust upon Lisa. He is totally the type that would get annoyed with someone and beat them. He might not like the guys that he is living with, but he has only been living with them a couple of weeks. If he can't be tolerant for a few weeks without losing his cool; I fear that he would someday grow tiresome of Lisa and beat her. I just see that in him, I used to have a friend that was like that and we had to recue his wife. Same story, hell of a nice guy, would lose his temper then use excuses for it... like a Jeckyl and Hyde ...

Pawning Robert off on Lisa is one thing, she won't marry him if he makes it through... the other guys she would probably marry and maybe some of them are psychos as well; but I don't want her to get into an abusive relationship because of this. At the end of year one, he gets to walk away with half the money and she walks away with a black eye and a bruised heart.
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stebo
    I just need to say that I loved Hank at the beginning. He was my favorite right off the bat. But he scares the crap out of me. I can see this anger in him that could someday be thrust upon Lisa. He is totally the type that would get annoyed with someone and beat them. He might not like the guys that he is living with, but he has only been living with them a couple of weeks. If he can't be tolerant for a few weeks without losing his cool; I fear that he would someday grow tiresome of Lisa and beat her. I just see that in him, I used to have a friend that was like that and we had to recue his wife. Same story, hell of a nice guy, would lose his temper then use excuses for it... like a Jeckyl and Hyde ...

Pawning Robert off on Lisa is one thing, she won't marry him if he makes it through... the other guys she would probably marry and maybe some of them are psychos as well; but I don't want her to get into an abusive relationship because of this. At the end of year one, he gets to walk away with half the money and she walks away with a black eye and a bruised heart.
    I think it's too early to say that Hank could be physically abusive, but I had an ex-boyfriend like Hank in so many ways that now I can't stand to watch Hank's dates anymore. My ex-b's wife left him after 8 months, and it took me 4 to figure out why she probably did: very demanding, controlling, set in his ways and in his views of the world, and not very respectful of differences. Hank was very charming at first, and I don't mind if Lisa ends up with him since she likes him so much, but I won't be shocked if it doesn't work out.

+ Reply to Thread