+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Hank - Suitor

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wss4
    Finally a voice of reason. LOL

I have been wondering the same thing myself. How can anyone think that they are capable of knowing or judging any of these guys by the 20 minutes a week of edited television they see of them each week.

I love reality tv shows but I do try to keep in mind that although they are called 'reality' shows they are in no way 'reality'. lol

I am just so amazed that people think they know that someone is a 'wife beater' or 'sleaze ball' or any of the other names I have seen used for some of these guys just by watching these shows.

I say take it for what it is..........entertainment and remember that is all it is!

BE entertained, pick your favorite, imagine what will happen. Enjoy the show.
    I totally agree!!! I didn't vote for Hank or Robert but I really feel sorry for them in how they've been portrayed thanks to a few minutes of edited videotape. People can predict Hank is a WIFE-BEATER????? People think Robert is a PERVERT???? Geez, these are all adults on this show--can't everyone just relax and have a little fun watching so-called reality tv? Who really CARES what happens to these people?

Quote Originally Posted by IheartCupid
    I totally agree!!! I vote for Robert but I really feel sorry for Hank. I can predict that Hank is a WIFE-BEATER!!!!! People think Robert is awesome? - I totally agree!!! Who really CARES what happens to these people? Well, I guess I really don't want Hank to physically abuse Lisa...so I guess I do care...someone should call the cops!
    I agree with you. Robert is the only logical choice. Hank is too scary..he is like a bomb with a very short fuse. If they do get married, Lisa should have an in-house bodyguard to protect her from Evil Hank. That guys is wacko!

Premium Member
    Just for the hell of it, I googled for "personality traits in an abusive man," and here they are, from this website: http://www.geocities.com/mindeezhere/signs.html

SIGNS TO LOOK FOR IN A BATTERING PERSONALITY

Many individuals are interested in ways that may predict whether they are about to become involved with someone who will be abusive. Below is a list of behaviors seen in people who abuse their intimate partners. The last four signs are almost always seen if the person is a batterer. If the person has several of the other behaviors (three or more) there is a strong potential for physical violence. The more signs the person has, the more likely the person is a batterer. In some cases, a batterer may have only a couple of behaviors that can be recognized, but they are very exaggerated (e.g., extreme jealousy over ridiculous things). Initially, the batterer may try to explain his/her* behavior as signs of his love and concern, which may be flattering at first. However, as time goes on, the behaviors often become more severe and more frequent.

JEALOUSY- At the beginning of a relationship, an abuser may say that jealousy is a sign of love. Jealousy has nothing to do with love, it is a sign of insecurity and possessiveness. He may question the woman about who she talks to, accuse her of flirting, or be jealous of time she spends with family, friends or children.

CONTROLLING BEHAVIOR- At first, the batterer might say that this behavior is because he is concerned for the woman’s safety, her need to use her time well, or her need to make good decisions. He may be angry if the woman is "late" coming back from the store or an appointment. He might question her closely about where she went and who she talked to. As this behavior gets worse, he may not let the woman make personal decisions about the house, her clothing, herself or going to church. He may keep all the money or even make her ask permission to leave the house or room. He might keep her from seeking medical help for any reason, whether it is related to his behavior or not.

QUICK INVOLVEMENT- Many battered women dated or knew their abuser for less than six months before they were engaged or living together. He may come on like a whirlwind claiming "love at first sight," and he may tell the woman flattering things such as, "You’re the only person I could ever talk to," or "I’ve never felt loved like this by anyone," or "I love you so much, I can't live without you." He needs someone desperately and may pressure the woman to commit to him. Desperation is not love.

UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS- He may be very dependent on the woman for all of his needs. He might expect her to be the perfect wife, mother, lover and friend. He may say things like, "If you love me, I’m all you need; you’re all I need." She is supposed to take care of everything for him emotionally and in the home. He may require her to work, rather than him.

ISOLATION- The man might try to cut the woman off from all resources. If she has men friends, she is a "whore." If she has women friends, she is a "lesbian." If she is close to family, she is "tied to the apron strings." He may accuse people who are her supporters of "causing trouble." He may want to live in the country without a hone, he may not let her use the car, or he may try to keep her from working or going to school. He may also isolate her from the children if she tries to protect them. He may require her to work, rather than him, allowing him to remain at home with the children as a constant threat to their safety while also remaining in control of the finances. He may lie to her friends or those whom she associates with in order to destroy what relationships she has to further isolate and manipulate her.

BLAMES OTHERS FOR HIS PROBLEMS- If he is chronically unemployed, someone is always doing him wrong, out to get him. He may make mistakes and then blame the woman for upsetting him and keeping him from concentrating on doing his job. He may tell the woman she is at fault for almost anything that goes wrong.

BLAMES OTHERS FOR HIS FEELINGS- He might tell the woman, "You make me mad," "You’re hurting me by not doing what I ask," or "I can’t help being angry." He really makes the decision about what he thinks and feels, but may use feelings to manipulate the woman. In a subtle way, he might claim that "You make me happy," and "You control how I feel."

HYPERSENSITIVITY- The man might be easily insulted, he may claim his feelings are "hurt" when he’s really very mad, or might take the slightest setbacks as personal attacks. He may "rant and rave" about the injustice of things that have happened to him—things that are really just part of living, like being asked to work overtime, getting a traffic ticket, or being asked to help with household chores.

CRUELTY TO ANIMALS OR CHILDREN- This is a man who may punish animals brutally or is insensitive to their pain or suffering. He may expect children to be capable of doing things far beyond their ability (whips a two-year old for wetting their diaper, burn them for crying), or he may tease children or young siblings until they cry (50% of men who beat women they are with, also beat their children). He may also want children to eat at the table or expect them to keep to their room all evening while he is home.

"PLAYFUL" USE OF FORCE IN SEX- The man may like to throw the woman down and /or hold her down during sex, and he may want to act out fantasies during sex where the woman is helpless. He is letting her know that the idea of "rape" excites him. He may show little concern about whether the woman wants to have sex and use sulking or anger to manipulate her into compliance. He may start having sex with the woman while she is sleeping, or demand sex when she is ill or tired.

VERBAL ABUSE- The man might say things that are meant to be cruel and hurtful to the woman (e.g., degrading the woman, cursing her, running down her accomplishments). The man might tell her she is stupid and unable to function without him, or tell her not to think or that she is incapable of thinking for herself and he must do the thinking for her. This behavior may involve waking her up to verbally abuse her or not allow her to go to sleep.

RIGID SEX ROLES- The man might expect the woman to serve him. He might say she must stay at home, that she must obey him in all things—even things that are criminal or hurtful in nature. The abuser may see women as inferior to men, more stupid, and unable to be a whole person without a relationship.

DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE- Many women are confused by their abuser’s "sudden" changes in mood—they will describe that one minute he’s nice and the next minute he explodes, or one minute he’s happy and the next minute he’s sad. This does not indicate some special "mental problem" or that he is "crazy." Explosiveness and mood swings are typical of men who beat or batter their partners, and these behaviors are related to other characteristics such as hypersensitivity.

PAST BATTERING- The man may say he has hit women in the past, but they made him do it. The woman may hear from relatives or ex-spouses that the man is abusive. Unless treated, a past batterer will continue to batter. Situational circumstances do not make a person an abusive personality.

THREATS OF VIOLENCE- This would include any threat of physical force meant to control the woman. "I’ll slap your mouth off," "I’ll kill you," or "I’ll break your neck." Most men do not threaten their mates, but a batterer may try to excuse this behavior by saying "Everybody talks like that."

BREAKING OR STRIKING OBJECTS- This behavior is used as a punishment (e.g., breaking loved possessions), but is mostly used to terrorize the woman into submission. The man may beat on tables with his fist and throw objects around or near the woman. Again, this is a very remarkable behavior; only very immature people beat on objects in the presence of other people in order to threaten them.

ANY FORCE DURING AN ARGUMENT- This may involve a man holding a woman down, physically restraining her from leaving a room, and any pushing or shoving. (The man may hold the woman against a wall and say, "You’re going to listen to me.")

Great post Twisty.. now maybe all will realize that Hank is truly an abusive person. He fits right in to most of those categories.. I mean, we cannot know about his bedroom behavior..but Hank seems to be a classic wife beater..

Jealousy -- check..he doesn't like it when other guys are with Lisa.

Controlling behavior -- check. They always do what Hank wants to do.

Unrealistic Expectations -- check. That organic winery..gay!

Hypersensitivity -- check. He is an emotional roller coaster - freak!

Cruelty to Children -- check. He made 5 year olds sit in a room and try to learn a foreign language.. if that's not cruelty, what is?

Breaking or Striking Objects -- check. He was trying to hurt Dominic by whipping that football hard at him.

Past battering -- check. He admitted in his opening interview to previously "slapping up his hos."

Well all you naysayers.. here is your proof.. surprise twist and I have unveiled the real Hank to you ! Watch out for that monster!

If Lisa marries Hank.. she better buy a really strong helmet..possible one with a face mask.. like a football helmet.. because Hank is going to slap her silly!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Cool_Dude
    Great post Twisty.. now maybe all will realize that Hank is truly an abusive person. He fits right in to most of those categories.. I mean, we cannot know about his bedroom behavior..but Hank seems to be a classic wife beater..

Jealousy -- check..he doesn't like it when other guys are with Lisa.

Controlling behavior -- check. They always do what Hank wants to do.

Unrealistic Expectations -- check. That organic winery..gay!

Hypersensitivity -- check. He is an emotional roller coaster - freak!

Cruelty to Children -- check. He made 5 year olds sit in a room and try to learn a foreign language.. if that's not cruelty, what is?

Breaking or Striking Objects -- check. He was trying to hurt Dominic by whipping that football hard at him.

Past battering -- check. He admitted in his opening interview to previously "slapping up his hos."

Well all you naysayers.. here is your proof.. surprise twist and I have unveiled the real Hank to you ! Watch out for that monster!
    "Twisty"...

I was thinking the same thing - he's already done the things at the top of the list.

I'll repeat, for those who do not read every word I say () - I know a wife-batterer, and Hank reminds me of him, so I do have a built-in prejudice here.

But Hank has been jealous and controlling, has hurled objects at people he's angry with and blamed his actions on them, wants to isolate Lisa on a vinyard and expects her to continue working after they have children, and is ready for marriage after a few weeks of dating. And the phrase "Jekyll and Hyde" has been used to describe him.

And most of all, as Cool Dude pointed out, he tortured those poor children with French. It just does not get any more abusive than that.

+ Reply to Thread